Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Establishment Signs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Establishment Signs

xxx[/HR]

[TITLE]Gideon[/TITLE]
[Image: mesh.png]
Modeled by: Koniption

Gideon establishments list:
  1. Marshland Glow Inn (Inn)
  2. The Gourmet Gecko (Restaurant)
  3. Ashheart Crematorium (Trelaan Ashheart, Undertaker & Crematorium)
  4. Cold Blood, Hot Steel (Blacksmith & Armoury)
  5. Gideon Fighters Guild
  6. Mages' Seminary
  7. Candice's Carnivalia (Clothing Store)
  8. M'Tassar's Tricksy Trinkets (General Goods & Pawnbroker)
  9. Serpentine Emmanuelle (Exotic Brothel. We all went there for Deeza's bachelor party back in '08.)

[TITLE]Soulrest[/TITLE]
[Image: soulrest_mesh_02.jpg]
Modeled by: Koniption

[Image: the_howling_seadog_thumb.gif][Image: the_hourglass_bookshop_thumb.gif][Image: otiaks_powder_parlour_thumb.gif][Image: topal_tigers_thumb.gif][Image: the_bloody_resolution_thumb.gif][Image: corals_and_coronets_thumb.gif][Image: guildhalls_thumb.gif][Image: elsweyr_embassy_thumb.gif][Image: port_authority_thumb.gif][Image: guar_and_peace_thumb.gif][Image: sotho_tren_thumb.gif]

v1 download link

1. The Howling Seadog (Inn & Bar) :check:
  2. The Hourglass Bookshop :check:
  3. Otiak's Powder Parlour :check:
  4. The Topal Tigers :check:
  5. The Bloody Resolution :check:
  6. Corals & Coronets Inn :check:
  7. The Guildhalls :check:
  8. Elsweyr Embassy :check:
  9. Soulrest Port Authority :check:
  10. Guar & Peace :check:
  11. Sotho Tren Manor :check: (?)
    [/list=1]
Sounds like a comprehensive list to me. I must have been too drunk to remember that batchelor party...
I like the sign icons/etc that you did.

But I think the skull icon on the Ashheart Crematorium needs to be made paler in color - more white - so that the skull does not blend in so much with the rest of the sign's texture. I could barely see the skull outline as it currently is.

Koniption

PS - neon sign ?? I don't think electricity exists in Tamriel...well except for magic lightning.
Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Sounds like a comprehensive list to me. I must have been too drunk to remember that batchelor party...
You were. That's also the reason why the whole marriage thing didn't happen.

Quote:Originally posted by Koniption
I like the sign icons/etc that you did.

But I think the skull icon on the Ashheart Crematorium needs to be made paler in color - more white - so that the skull does not blend in so much with the rest of the sign's texture. I could barely see the skull outline as it currently is.

Koniption

PS - neon sign ?? I don't think electricity exists in Tamriel...well except for magic lightning.
Originally, it was much more noticeable but I started thinking that the paint would weather and tarnish, so I ended up wearing it down greatly. In other words, the faded effect is intentional. A shining skull icon seemed a tad obtrusive and morbid, but then again, that can be a good thing.

I can replace it with a matte metallic skull icon. I'll look into it once I'm done sprucing up the template.

Well, Ibsen said it was a secret bar so in order to stick with conventional video game design I figured we'd need to clearly advertise where it was.
I'm loving the textures, Xae! But ditto regarding the skull icon. Lovely icon but the effect could be lost and Gideonites are morbid enough to not complain about it being a little too solemn. Matte metallic sounds good to me.

@ Hole-in-the-Wall bar idea - Sure, go for flashing lights and go-go girls, too! And then hear the NPCs ask, "what secret underground bar?" Big Grin

Talking of which (flashing lights and go-go girls), I thought we'd agreed to keep this under wraps once we carried out that memory wipe on Deeza in that dodgy surgery in Bangkok...? If you remind him about the jelly-fighting incident, it could break him!
I'm starting to think I don't want to know what happened that night...

Seriously, though, I thought that the Hole in the Wall was going to be a fight club???
Yes, it is but you can drink there too. The fighting arena is in the centre and there's a bar around the side.
Gosh, the Gideonites sound pleasant. "Hey, my dad just died, let's take him to the place with the leering skull on the sign".

Nevertheless, I'll finish editing the template and go with the matte skull symbol.

It's settled, then. We don't remind Deeza of what happened and we add an NPC called Tyleri Dourden to the Hole-in-the-Wall.

Edit: Oh, and when you talk to him, he says "The first rule of fighting is that you don't talk about Deeza's bachelor party".
Agreed. Hmm, Tyleri Durden....sounds familiar...ah, yes. Nice guy. My whole bathroom is full of his beauty products...lovely soap! :yes:
Why do I feel like everybody knows something I don't?? Deeza's bachelor party? Jelly fight?

I know a lot of you guys live in England or close to each other in Europe, but REALLY?

:lmao:

KP
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12