Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: PLRI0119 "Soulrest: Soulrest Guardhouse" (Claimed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Official 'Black Marsh' Interior Claim: Soulrest Guardhouse

[/HR]

Soulrest Guardhouse
AVAILABILITY: Claimed by Deeza

[/HR]

[Image: SoulrestUpper2.jpg]
[Image: UrukhusNucciusHouse.jpg]
The second shot shows the view from the LC district balcony.

[/HR]

Description & Details

[/HR]

Soulrest is a city of contrasts. On the one hand, it is privy to some of Black Marsh's wealthiest trades and grandiose constructions and, on the other, laying cheek-by-jowl with aspiring merchants, are the gutter-scum that have at times plagued the marshes unchecked. For Soulrest is home to the smugglers, hagglers and Shylocks and the criminal syndicates that run them. Such is the level of corruption that the Sotho Tren, the most renowned of such syndicates have struck a bargain with the city governor. This means that they somehow manage to circumvent all laws that seek to restrict their activity, both on land and, more or less, on the seas.

The Imperial navy would love to see them in chains but the governor of Soulrest sees them as merely an alternative to his own guards. If relations are maintained with the syndicates then prosperity in the city can continue. Indeed, the alliance has proved remarkably successful in reducing violent crime since the Tren's presence acts as a deterrent. Yet it is, at times, an uneasy balance to maintain with many foreign authorities applying pressure once stung by one of the many citizens who are so scorpion-like in character. As such, the governor of such a city would need to be a wily soul with a fox-like wit....lucky then that this task has fallen to none other than Smirks-at-Strangers.

In history, Soulrest is best known for the Kothringi, a tall, impassive and metallic-skinned marsh-people whom some claim were wedded to the seas though this may be simply gossip. After being wiped out by the Thrassian Plague, the Argonians maintained their legacy...until the port was swamped by foreign influences and became the vagabond's seaport that it remains to this day. Other Kothringi ruins dot the landscape but little trace of the people themselves remain.

In truth, Soulrest is a great place for gossip and the occasional bargain. It has a wide range of races passing through its midst though Khajiit and Argonian are the most common. Trading with Topal Isle and the relatively nearby ports of Elsweyr are strong. In more recent history, the Khajiit have thrived in a city that sports their influence. Though there are rumours of Lilmothiit in Southern Argonia, the only evidence of their presence now is the occasional marsh cat. These facts combine to create the inevitable skooma problem that looks set to spiral.

This interior claim contains the Soulrest Guardhouse and area for operations of all Soulrest guards. The guards in question are likely to be Royal Legion guards (of any race, preferably including Argonians) which are associated with Black Marsh more so than the Imperials that take charge at Gideon and Stormhold. Since Soulrest is of special interest to merchants and traders, and does not follow Cyrodiil laws, the port is unpopular with the ruling elite of the Empire and is regarded as a den of thieves, pirates and smugglers. Therefore, the Royal Legion, more susceptible to bribery and corruption than the Imperial Legion are the more fitting guardians.

The guards meet at the Guardhouse but move between both districts of the city and may have some small presence down at the docks (but not much as it would make it harder to turn a blind eye). Both gates in the lower district should be guarded and a patrol may involve the guards making use of the walkways and tables provided. The gate between the districts would also be guarded but perhaps not the upper gate as no one would be keen to place prohibitions on the wealthy denizens for fear of being 'removed from duty'.

[/HR]

At-a-glance Details

[/HR]
Interior Name: 2BMIGSoulrestBalconyNorth
Region: Parchlands
Settlement: Soulrest
Architecture: Soulrest Wall interior
Exterior cell coordinates: (-26,-26 of both the BlackMarshesSoulrestLowerChildWS & the BlackMarshesSoulrestUpperChildWS)
Claim Size & Difficulty: Hard.
Inhabitants: The owners have not been created yet.
Mission Connections: None as yet.
NPCs: 1. The NPC must have (full) dialogue and AI. Please choose an appropriate race (this can be discussed, if needs be). Don't forget the pathgrid for them. The NPC is already named but you may change the name if necessary, so please discuss this and other details in the claims discussion thread ('General Info' below). Here is JK's tutorial on dialogue: Dialogue Tutorial .
General Info: Please keep up to date on associated topics in the: Claims Discussion Forums . There is a special requirement to make sure that patrol routes are organised for this claim and that there are an appropriate number of guard AIs. Please ensure that the three gates in the lower district are guarded at all times (just one each is sufficient). Also, take note that the balconies either side of the Guardhouse should be modded appropriately.

[/HR]

How to mod your interior

Interior modding carries with it the same responsibilities as it does on our father project, Silgrad Tower. This means that there will need to be NPCs, Containers, Lighting etc. For a really nice checklist that is very, very thorough, try this one from Zurke: A handy checklist to create an interior for ST . Zurke is the most experienced and prolific interior modder I know of so it's all good advice.

[/HR]

Cluttering your Interior

Please try to use as many of our own BM objects as seems feasible (whichever are appropriate to the owner and the purpose of the building). Unlike the mini-claims, the Soulrest claims do not come with some existing objects present. However, in some of the larger claims, it may prove feasible to copy-and-paste from existing interior claims but please consult a core member before doing so. For more information about mini-claims, read this: Interiors Strategy .

In creating your claim, try to consider the story behind the owner of the house (which you may adapt unless stated) and add clutter as appropriate to them and the particular locations. This might include foodstuffs, flora, cutlery, paintings, tribal items, custom furniture, bedding and maybe a desk if this interior involves using the NPC as a trader. There are now LOTS of cultural objects for Argonian dwellings including cupboards, rootchairs and so on but other races can use some of our own items too, especially race-neutral objects such as cutlery, bamboo furniture, ingredients and books. Please ask or check this essential thread to find out more: Clutter Advice .

Please remember to light the area. Imperial lighting should mainly be used in Soulrest and we have a few lighting options that are unique although you may consider using SI lights as well if they fit with the interior in question. If you have any further suggestions, requests for models and so on then please consult this thread: Furnitures & Clutters or this one: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=11447. Just ask if you have any special ideas for extra models.

Have fun! :goodjob:
I can claim this one too, but as i told you, i can't make AI and Dialogue.
Then it's best that you take this claim instead: PLRI0120 "Soulrest: Corals & Coronets Bar" . This is because the biggest part of this claim involves the setting up of the Guard patrols.
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Then it's best that you take this claim instead: PLRI0120 "Soulrest: Corals & Coronets Bar" . This is because the biggest part of this claim involves the setting up of the Guard patrols.

Allright mate, then i do Corals & Coronets Bar.
Claimed as part of a little group for when I get back in January.
Deeza, it would be worthwhile to know how to do Guard patrols for this one. I think it was XJDHDR who did the Guard patrols for Stormhold. Bearing in mind that Soulrest is run by thieves and vagabonds, these people will be pretty useless, however. They are likely to defend the UC district but not give two figs for the LC area...and they're likely to turn a blind eye to criminal activity.

They are best created as part of the Black Marsh Royal Legion with a superficial attachment to the Royals but their loyalties will probably lie with whoever pays protection money in the UC district. They may even negotiate with the Sotho Tren to maintain the status quo.

Anyway, other than the possible lack of patrol-route-knowledge, I think this makes the claim ideally claimed for you. Granted. :check:
Hmm. I think I will give it a try, but if I do I will submit two versions of the esp, one with and one without patrolling guards. That way if I make any mistake that screws up the file you can always go back to the original.
Completed! You just need to give the guards an AI package to have them come to sleep and eat here.
Awesome, Deez! That's great news. How did you do with sorting out the guard patrols as you mentioned in your previous PM? Did you abandon the idea?

Oh, and feel free to post this up on the esm thread....unless you need me to give it a quick check-over...? In which case, post it up here. After which, I'll close this claim.
I'm going to do a whole bunch of claims for Soulrest, which hopefully should finish off the LC district. I'm afraid I've gone back to my old bad habits for interiors, but I may try to revisit these later to fill in the NPCs and AI.
Pages: 1 2