Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Village Church and other old models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Will,

I saw your message about TurilChurch. Since I am also a member of Silgrad, I decided to post here so you can best share the models I have to offer with your team.

I'm very happy to give you permission to use it and even to have modelers of this team alter it as they see fit.

I have lost interest in modding and I don't have the time for it anymore either, so I won't be able to make the necessary changes to get the church to work for you, but if this team likes to finish it, that's fine with me.

On the village church: the version I uploaded is completely out of date. I have a finished exterior version with collision and a finished interior version with collision. The interior collision has too many polygons, causing the game to stutter in the church interior. So the church would need a new and a lot less polygon-expensive collision to work. The altar, altarcloth and tabernacle are also finished with collision. The ciborium is finished, but does not yet have collision.Additionally, the bell animation (which has collision) works, but I could not manage to get it to work in the game, since I lack the understanding of how to use animated objects in the CS. I have also created snowcovering for winter scenario's, but it suffers from a few disappearing polygons, which I found myself unable to solve.

How would you prefer me to get you the models? The finised ones are nifs of course and the collision in the interior could be deleted from the nif, but I can also get you the original 3ds Max 8 files.

From the time I was working on the NPC's With Jobs team, I also have some projects which never got finished. Mr Siika uploaded a Venice-style palace of mine together with his stuff for the Venice-like city of Jurad that was supposed to be added to a new NWJ release, but the team fell apart two years ago. I'm happy to supply you with those models too if you like. I'll just list them below so the team can decide for itself whether they like me to upload the models or not.

Venice-style:
------------------
- Venetian palace exterior tileset (accessible from canalside by boat)
[Image: juradhouse2hv6.th.jpg][Image: juradpalace01xe3yh9.th.jpg]

- Simple romanesque bridge.
[Image: 3archbridgebr3.th.jpg]

- Broad bridge lined on the sides by houses (one house exterior is finished) The houses and bridge are all designed to be separate models.
[Image: shoppingbridge3iqq0.th.jpg][Image: shoppingbridge3i2im0.th.jpg][Image: bridgeinn5do9.th.jpg][Image: bridgeinn4tk9.th.jpg][Image: bridgeinn2ja2.th.jpg][Image: bridgeinnhi8.th.jpg].
The side walls are open because the houses are intended to be placed in line, except for cornerhouses, which should have got only one open side wall.

- gate building (lower class) with spiral staircase interior(accessible through a wallside door).
[Image: achway3ayo1.th.jpg]

- lowerclass building with separable parts to vary the number of floors.
[Image: lowerclasshouse1ub4.th.jpg]

- Middle class gothic archway with house
[Image: shoppingarchway2do7.th.jpg][Image: shoppingarchwaytb3.th.jpg]
possible interior
[Image: shoppingarchwayshopintekk8.th.jpg],

Non-Venetian Gothic:
-----------------------------
Large gothic church (French-style):
[Image: juradchurch3sv2.th.jpg][Image: juradchurch2ru7.th.jpg][Image: juradchurch1sw3.th.jpg] The wall above the entrance (behind one's back in the last picture) does not exist. I intended to create a large circular rosewindow, but never got around to do it. Also this is only an interior.

Other stuff:
-----------------
- Upperclass lighting: wallsconces, candleholders for on tables, and chandeliers.
[Image: upperwallsconce4ah3.th.jpg][Image: upperchandelier6gq8.th.jpg][Image: upperchandelier3nn9.th.jpg][Image: uppercandleholder41id8.th.jpg]

- a peel.
[Image: peel1bfg9.th.jpg]

- dough roller.
[Image: deegroller2anz8.th.jpg]

- fruit grinder.
[Image: grinder62hk5.th.jpg]

- Melting pot/crucible:
[Image: smeltkroesps8.th.jpg]

- Goblin shaman kettle without the skulls.
[Image: kettle1wu6.th.jpg]

- Churchbell workshop's innermould.
[Image: churchbellinnermould3jo1.th.jpg]

- Churchbell (larger version of the bell for village church)

- Bucket with molten metal.
[Image: bronzebucketep1.th.jpg]

- Cart for an ox or horse.
[Image: oxcartwithoxandyokece9.th.jpg][Image: cartdarkut5.th.jpg]

I gave also spent a great deal of time calculating the bend for gothic ribbed vaults and turned it into an excel file with which you can easily calculate the arches without doing all the math. If you're interested, let me know here and I'll upload it.

- Phaerus

Edit: the thumbnails don't work, not here an not at imageshack. I'll have to replace them by links to the images tomorrow or so.
Edit2: they do work after all.
Wow! All of those models look fantastic. I can honestly say that we could make good use of every single one of them. If you could send us both the original files and the nif versions (where these are available) that would be easiest, I think.

Thanks so much for this! All these would really fit into our vision for High Rock.
Thanks for the compliment. I have also gathered a lot of pictures and textures to be used as or converted into usable textures, partly from photos I took on holidays around Europe, such as church windows. They might prove helpful too, but I don't excel in texture making, yet if someone else on your team does, he or she can have that stuff too. However, it's a sizable collection, in number and in MBs.

The models above have all been textured with stock oblivion textures, except for the tabernacle and ciborium, for which I adapted several stock textures to become gold or silver.

Shall I upload the stuff to TES Nexus? Then I'll post a link here.
That would be great, thanks again!
Thanks! Those look great and I'm sure we'll be able to adapt at least some of them. Are the meshes going to be uploaded in a separate file later?
Yes, I'll make separate entries in TES Nexus for each of them, but it will take some time to upload it and the coming week I'll be very busy. So expect the meshes to be uploaded over the next few weeks.

I also want to recommend the old Jurad tileset made by Mr Siika when we closely worked together on the Venice-like city of Jurad. If you want to make a Venice-like city, those buildings will come in handily. http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=23604
Thanks a lot Phaerus, I'll look forward to downloading them!

Actually, we have already been using the Jurad tileset for Wayrest. Big Grin It's been incredibly useful. We'd already decided that the city was going to have a Venice-like feel to it, so you can imagine how relieved we were when we found someone had already made one!
On reviewing the meshes, I concluded I should do some work myself, among which a few updates and adding collision, before uploading them. I've made a start to do that for a simple portable candle holder which I had forgotten to mention and show you before.
[Image: portablecandleholder.th.jpg]

However, I've run into some trouble, since the CS won't accept my multiple MOPP collision. I've asked for a bit of help in the questions forum on this Silgrad forum (here), where Koniption has been most helpful before. I'm not sure whether he or anyone else is still around on this forum, so I'm notifying you as well. If you know someone who might be able to help me and take a look at my models, could you notify me?
Thanks for handling the collision. I will let you know as soon as TOYB gets back. The candle holder looks great by the way.
Pages: 1 2