Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Argonian paintings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Courtesy of Lady Nerevar and the Imperial Library:

Roughly 10 miles from Lilmoth is “an upthrust rock that towered more than a hundred feet above the jungle floor. It seemed unclimbable, but ... Glim led her to a cave opening in the base of the soft limestone. It led steadily upward, and in some places stairs had been carved. Faded paintings that resembled coiled snakes, blooming flowers, and more often than not nothing recognizable at all decorated the climb, and an occasional side gallery help often bizarre stone carvings of half-tree, half-Argonian figures. ... moss and low ferns on the flat summit of the tabletop.” p. 54

This would be a really interesting modification to the cave set. Simple, but effective at making a new dungeon type. Several of these rock spires could perhaps exist in the deeper swamp. The one in question could be the location of Rockpark, on the island north of Lilmoth.
Nice...but initially a little confusing. Lilmoth is situated almost at the mouth of the river delta so I struggled to grasp the concept about it being in the 'jungle'. However, this is firmly on the Western coast where I guess the land might well be more built up. After all, Seafalls lies to the North of Rock Park and that lies on a clifftop.

Tbh, I had planned something of this description in the Arnesian Jungle so that's what caused my confusion. However, when I considered the sort of Thai beaches you see below then I can see how it might all play out.

Even still, I can't see how it would be 'towering more than a hundred feet above the jungle floor' when the land is so flat to the South. It seems like a contradiction in the lore. The solution, of course, is to build up the land around the Western coast which is an idea I kind of like.
I think it's supposed to look really out of place (possibly has something to do with the Hist). But anyway, it might be a good idea to build up some of the islands that make up the east coast. I'd really like Seafalls to look like the cliffs in those pictures you uploaded.
Yes but I'd like to keep it more or less as it is. RockPark, however, is perfectly named for just such an assortment of rocks as you on some Thai coastlines. :yes:

It would also make sense for the more substantial cliffs to be further North whilst the rocky islands would be to the South with the waters of the river delta swirling around them.
Sounds like a good plan. I believe that as you get near Morrowind it gets pretty flat, however.
Do you think that's towards the North-West? I wouldn't imagine it happening in the Arnesian Jungle area of the North but I guess the mountains would get less steep the further West you go. I can take that into consideration when I height-map the Arnesian Jungle region.
I think you have the Velothi mountains in the West around the Cyrodiil border, and they stay up for a bit, then gradually slope down as you get further and further east. By the time you about halfway across it turns into a flat rainforest plain that goes all the way up into Dres province.
Doesn't that interfere with the mountains I added above Stormhold? According to what I remember of the Cyrodiil HM, the land seems to rise at the point where it matches the BM border so hopefully, the mountains should be fine as they are. The question would then be whether to over-compensate by making the mountains further West even bigger or to keep it quite level in the interests of realism.

Nevertheless, I had planned to make the Arnesian Jungle a lot more mountainous than the Naga-Cradle.
The mountains next to Stormhold are just fine, but no need to add mountains further east. I think you've misunderstood, probably my fault (it's hard to do it without showing). This picture of Morrowind should make it clear:

http://www.cryofax.com/darknessrp/darknessmap.jpg

You can see the spine of the mountain range going all the way down the Cyrodiil border, then stops just north of Stormhold. So the cross-section of the top half of BM should look something like this:
That's a bit of a bummer actually as I'd like to keep the Northern sections quite hilly and completely cut off any views of Morrowind with tall mountains. The Arnesian Jungle wasn't exactly going to be vast mountains and probably wouldn't have as high mountains as we currently see North of Stormhold but it would certainly be a lot more of a rolling landscape than the Naga-Cradle which remains quite flat for the most part.

I don't think climbable hills should be a problem but I'd really like to cut off the view of Morrowind, if only so we don't have to generate the landscape over there...
Pages: 1 2 3