Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Gideon Castle Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
@ JB3 - Going back to your earlier post referring to the "defensive function of the Castle", I was just making a point about the potential defensive liability of a small door like that leading right into the main Castle of a major city. I felt it was strategically a bad idea and didn't make much sense in terms of Gideon's need to remain secure. I wasn't suggesting a whole design based on defensive capability.

It would be extremely difficult to unify Giovese and Gideon without doing a full texture of either one which is not an idea that appeals to me. I'd go with having the strategic frailty of a back door and no connecting walls...at a push.

There's a stables to the south of Gideon so no need for one here.

Red Rose is nice...although I don't know how all that massive amounts of ivy will affect the fps.

Finally, did you know that Ravenhorst itself is actually composed of existing vanilla ruin models? I think it's adapted from the item I was originally using as a placeholder for Castle Giovese, RF1xCastleBaseB (see attached pic). It's this that will need replacing with whatever you choose to use but bear in mind that I altered the entrance with some fog effects etc. You may need to delete this too.

I'm not keen on making it that big. That's too much, I would say....and be careful not to do too much as many modders don't like to pick up on the interior claims of an exterior model they haven't personally worked on themselves...However, if you take a look at those models (RF1xCastleBaseB, for example) then I think their closeness in texture should allow you to use the ruined fractions to slightly enlargen the Ravenhorst model itself.
Presumably due to the recent discussion over at "New World Blues", there is now a possibility that the remaining parts of this claim could be transferred to PWN?
Certainly. I think JB3 has done another one of his magical disappearing acts.
For now, at least.... so shall we mark this as claimed if/when PWN gets back to us?
Aye, if PWN wants it. I could revamp it, if needs be.
Let's wait and see. In the meantime, I am finally trying to learn how to make quests...
That sounds wonderful, Deeza! It would be a massive help... :goodjob:

@ PWN - I'm taking it from your previous comments regarding 'new world blues' that you have other plans that doesn't involve Castle Giovese? I just need to know for admin purposes.
I assume so.
Okay, I may take over this then when I find some time to mod...
It would be great to see you back in the modding seat again...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5