Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: RERI0101 "Glenbridge: Ignatius Gottsmear's Home" (Claimed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Official 'Black Marsh' Interior Claim: Ignatius Gottsmear's Home

[/HR]

Ignatius Gottsmear's Home
AVAILABILITY: Claimed by Dr.DeathDefing

[/HR]

[Image: GlenbridgeMarshhouse.jpg]
[Image: MarshhouseInterior.jpg]

(Please excuse the unattractive CS screenshots.)

[/HR]

Description & Details

[/HR]

Glenbridge, as it once was, is now no more. It has been reduced to ash and rubble and sunken beneath black, muddy waters. Despite its prolonged presence on any cartographer's map of the province, it seems like it has finally succumbed to the swamp. It was always a risk building an Imperial-style town so close to the swamps and the townsfolk had only returned to live there after having been over-run by Argonian tribesmen. Hence, over the years, it has seen many occupants and many moments of desertion. Now, at last, its existence is over.

In the years leading up to its demise, the townsfolk had fortified the walls to keep out the floods and set up various defences. The tribesmen had left the place alone considering the withdrawal of invading forces but would not return to bless the folk with the benefits of their knowledge and experience of the swamps. Life, then, was excruciatingly tough and Glenbridge was, at the time of its demise, rapidly acquiring a reputation for harbouring folk of the sort of moribund disposition that exceeded even that of sour, old Chasepoint.

Towns such as these require some faith and hope to keep them going. It was a place rife for extremist beliefs to flourish and, so close to the dreaded marshes, it was unsurprising that superstition soon took a firm hold. Gone was the faith in the all-too-gentle Nine and in its place came a succession of faiths...yet even Constantine's monks had been unable to assuage the townsfolk's sense of desertion. After all, Constantine had been admired even by Argonians and this was something that none of Glenbridge could find sympathy with.

It was left to chancers and mystics to take over this town and make of it what they would...but would this leave them prosperous or in yet more dire circumstances? And how far would the influence of such a mini-messiah stretch?

One thing is for sure: nothing ever worked out for Glenbridge and nothing ever did. Taking a policy of isolation from all other towns and cities, Glenbridge soon became ferociously independent. Many talked of strange sights in its environs and soon the well-informed traveller gave the town a wide berth.

The paucity of accounts from various sources led to Glenbridge becoming all but written out of the picture....to the point that no one learned of its fate until the cataclysm that befell it had long since passed. The story remains unknown...but some folk still linger.

This interior claim is the home of Ignatius Gottsmear, a reclusive Imperial with Nord blood in his ancestry. He is accompanied by his daughter, Savinia. Neither of them appreciate travellers coming to their home and Savinia is too meek and fearful to talk for long at the best of times. Their ground floor may be partially submerged but Ignatius insists that Savinia clean the upper floors as best she can which is not an easy task considering Ignatius' slobbish approach to life.

[/HR]

At-a-glance Details

[/HR]
Interior Name: BMNatGlenBMarshIG
Region: Rottmere Everglades
Settlement: Glenbridge
Architecture: Glenbridge Marsh House
Exterior cell coordinates: (-14,-2 of the BlackMarshes WS)
Claim Size & Difficulty: Medium-Hard.
Inhabitants: The owners have not been created yet.
Mission Connections: This location is heavily implicated in this quest: [Misc Quest] - the Last Days of Glenbridge and could be related to this quest: The I In Team .
NPCs: 1. The NPC must have (full) dialogue and AI. Please choose an appropriate race (this can be discussed, if needs be). Don't forget the pathgrid for them. The NPC is already named but you may change the name if necessary, so please discuss this and other details in the claims discussion thread ('General Info' below). Here is JK's tutorial on dialogue: Dialogue Tutorial .
General Info: Please keep up to date on associated topics in the: Claims Discussion Forums .

[/HR]

How to mod your interior

Interior modding carries with it the same responsibilities as it does on our father project, Silgrad Tower. This means that there will need to be NPCs, Containers, Lighting etc. For a really nice checklist that is very, very thorough, try this one from Zurke: A handy checklist to create an interior for ST . Zurke is the most experienced and prolific interior modder I know of so it's all good advice.

[/HR]

Cluttering your Interior

This, like many of our claims, is a mini-claim which means that you can use the existing vanilla layout or delete everything in there and start over. However, whichever method you choose, you will need to bear in mind the need to replace many of the vanilla items with our own BM objects (whichever are appropriate to the owner and the purpose of the building). For more information about mini-claims, read this: Interiors Strategy .

Please try to use the BM objects as much as possible. And try to consider the story behind the owner of the house (which you may adapt unless stated) and add clutter as appropriate to them and the particular locations. This might include foodstuffs, flora, cutlery, paintings, tribal items, custom furniture, bedding and maybe a desk if this interior involves using the NPC as a trader. There are now LOTS of cultural objects for Argonian dwellings including cupboards, rootchairs and so on but other races can use some of our own items too, especially race-neutral objects such as cutlery, ingredients and books. Please ask or check this thread to find out more: Clutter Advice .

Please remember to light the area. Imperial lighting should mainly be used in Gideon and we have few lighting options that are especially unique so please consider SI lights as well if they fit with the interior. If you have any further suggestions, requests for models and so on then please consult this thread: Furnitures & Clutters or this one: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=11447. Just ask if you have any special ideas for extra models.

Have fun! :goodjob:
Dear IG;
I am rather intrigued by this interior. It brings fond memories of Morrowind but after reading the quest, "Last Days Of Glenbridge" I am not so sure what to do witht this one. Such as, their dialouge, their AI (not the biggest issue) the actions and response to the player.

So, if you could, shall we say, enlighten me on this interior, I would have my first claim.

Cheers and many thanks,
DD
I wouldn't worry about the quest. We can develop it around the final, created interior. However, if you were fine with adding dialogue then I'd take onboard the fact that Ignatius' daughter doesn't speak much and that Ignatius is somewhat blunt. Just normal greetings dialogue would be fine for now but if you wanted to leave this then it can be another thing we can add later. Many of our NPCs are without original dialogue anyway. This is because we will be looking towards adding it at the quest stage.

As for the AI in general, I was considering creating a mini-Faction for this but this is something that may be developed later when's Xae quest gets implemented. It will be somewhat like the idea I had for Chasepoint which features a lot of miserable and unfriendly characters that are a bit similar to the Orum gang in Chasepoint: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/User:Shalley303/Sandbox/2 .

I can't remember off the top of my head how you do this to an NPC but you would need to make sure that the disposition of the NPC towards you is quite low....so the PC will not be talked to in a particularly friendly way.

That's really all there is to it. It's mainly just the interior claim though so that means cluttering, path-gridding and adding the NPCs.

I'll mark this as claimed for now but let me know if you have any other issues or problems. :check:
Cheers! It looks rather straight forward so I should have no problems now. I think we/I'll add the mini-faction when the quest is started. Plus that will give me time to work out more stuff anyways.

Thank you! Big Grin
Np. Nice choice of first interior btw. I like these buildings. They're quite unique and we don't have any of these interiors completed yet so it will be nice to see them done... :yes:
UPDATE-

Completed 2nd and 3rd floor each with a bed, a table/desk drawers and a cupboard and rugs.

1st floor I have made a little flooded as the exterior shows it should be.
Top floor I have placed a table with dinner sets and a few clutter.

Cheers
Dd
Sounds about right. Could you post a screenshot?
I would I just don't know where they get saved to.
http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind...g_Oblivion

This tells you everything you will need to know. Alternatively, download and use free FRAPS software. It's perhaps better because you can select the output directory.
Yes, screenshots aren't absolutely essential but I always like to use them. It's nice to have a visual reference sometimes. I use FRAPS, personally. If you have the full version then you can save pics as .jpegs (which are easier to post and manage than the default .bmp files) and also, if your PC is good enough, videos as well.

Oh, and make sure you familiarise yourself with all our clutter as it saves time searching later and it can prompt some nice ideas. There's plenty there but it can take a little while to recognise what's there to be used, what's appropriate to be used and where it all is. MiscItems, Potions, Activators, Lights and so on all have our own blackmarsh folder besides the more commonly used Static meshes.
Pages: 1 2