Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: TSRI0109 "Blackrose: Thieftaker's Lodge"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Official 'Black Marsh' Interior Claim: Blackrose: Thieftaker's Lodge

[/HR]

Thieftaker's Lodge
AVAILABILITY: Open

[/HR]

[Image: Untitled.jpg]

[/HR]

Description & Details

[/HR]

This interior is the headquarters of the Thieftakers, a shadowy group of bounty hunters, both foreigners and Argonian tribal trackers, who have long operated in the lawless regions of the marsh, hunting down escapees from the province's numerous Imperial prisons. Following the recent mass breakout from Blackrose Prison, once considered unbreakable, they have moved their headquarters to Blackrose city, where they have found many contracts. The primary questgivers for the town, this small faction will accept players with high enough skills into their ranks, offering quests to find ex-convicts (dead or alive, though in some cases you will get a bonus if they are alive). The interior should be austere and functional, as this group spend most of their lives on the road and have few possessions. Think a compact dormitory with a living area and lounge to one side. Note: This location can initially only be accessed through the roof. A second door leads to a grassy area at the base of the tower this house nestles inside. You will also need to claim this, perhaps as a training or target practice area.

There should always be one NPC on guard on the roof (this faction has many enemies). The individuals are up to you, but they should be a mixture of native Argonians and others from all over the Empire. Some may be noble minded, others just in it for the money.

[/HR]

At-a-glance Details

[/HR]
Interior Name: BMNatBlaAztec01DZ
Region: Talu Swamps
Settlement: Blackrose
Architecture: Blackrose Set
Exterior cell coordinates: (tbc)
Claim Size & Difficulty: Medium.
Inhabitants: The owners have not been created yet.
Mission Connections: None as yet .
NPCs: 1. The NPC must have (full) dialogue and AI. Please choose an appropriate race (this can be discussed, if needs be). Don't forget the pathgrid for them. The NPC is already named but you may change the name if necessary, so please discuss this and other details in the claims discussion thread ('General Info' below). Here is JK's tutorial on dialogue: Dialogue Tutorial .
General Info: Please keep up to date on associated topics in the: Claims Discussion Forums .

[/HR]

How to mod your interior

Interior modding carries with it the same responsibilities as it does on our father project, Silgrad Tower. This means that there will need to be NPCs, Containers, Lighting etc. For a really nice checklist that is very, very thorough, try this one from Zurke: A handy checklist to create an interior for ST . Zurke is the most experienced and prolific interior modder I know of so it's all good advice.

[/HR]

Cluttering your Interior

This, like many of our claims, is a mini-claim which means that you can use the existing vanilla layout or delete everything in there and start over. However, whichever method you choose, you will need to bear in mind the need to replace many of the vanilla items with our own BM objects (whichever are appropriate to the owner and the purpose of the building). For more information about mini-claims, read this: Interiors Strategy .

Please try to use the BM objects as much as possible. And try to consider the story behind the owner of the house (which you may adapt unless stated) and add clutter as appropriate to them and the particular locations. This might include foodstuffs, flora, cutlery, paintings, tribal items, custom furniture, bedding and maybe a desk if this interior involves using the NPC as a trader. There are now LOTS of cultural objects for Argonian dwellings including cupboards, rootchairs and so on but other races can use some of our own items too, especially race-neutral objects such as cutlery, ingredients and books. Please ask or check this thread to find out more: Clutter Advice .

Please remember to light the area. Imperial lighting should mainly be used in Gideon and we have few lighting options that are especially unique so please consider SI lights as well if they fit with the interior. If you have any further suggestions, requests for models and so on then please consult this thread: Furnitures & Clutters or this one: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=11447. Just ask if you have any special ideas for extra models.

Have fun! :goodjob:
Hi Deez,

I'll take a look at these new claims but if you can take an aerial screenshot of the different interiors and label them according to your plan then I can get some screenies or something and turn these into the full claims with all the data provided. However, make sure that when you do so the cell grids are enabled by using the 'b' key that outlines the cell boundaries (I'll need to know which cell is which to locate the exact house). Also, it may help to untick trees from the view menu if the trees are obscuring the houses. Basically, if we have things that look like this: CLAIM: City Planning and AI then it makes it easier for new interior modders to pick up, besides helping in terms of general admin later.

I think you had planned to have some interior cells with different house interiors, was that correct? Well, even interiors with different houses inside can use aerial screenshots if necessary...
Done. Every interior in the city is marked on the maps I've added to all the claim threads.
I adjusted this claim. :check:

This is the last one. As I mentioned on one of the other thread: TSRI0102 "Blackrose: Fort Blackrose" , please remember to alter the cells names a little as defined in the threads. It helps with the music preparation...and keeps things neat and tidy :yes:
I don't quite understand it, will Blackrose and Lilmoth appear in the beta???
Neither will be in the official beta area, so they won't have quests etc. but will still be there for players to explore and give us feedback on.
Yes, that is indeed the case.

@ Deeza - Are you okay with renaming those cells as mentioned in the post after your OP? We could merge a tiny esp to make any such changes but if someone were to claim these before then, it would need to be mentioned to the claimant.
Yes that's fine. I am aware that most of the cells will need to be renamed anyway - my priority this time was with making them easy to find.

Edit:

It might be easier to rename the whole lot in one go once people have done their work on the interiors.
Aye, fairy 'nuff.
I couldnt find the Infamous Blackrose Prison in the checklist, is it taken??
Pages: 1 2