Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: TSRI0105 "Blackrose: Thus-Spoke-the-Egg's Hut" (Claimed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ah, so it was a swamplands hut! I'd use BMIGInvisibleDoor01 in the Doors thread of the CS. This is what I used for the Hixinoag Swamplands huts. If you'd like to see how I positioned it, go to the interior cell named '2BMIGHixiHut02' for an example. It basically sits in front of the door-flap and makes the door selectable.

Alternatively, try 'BMSwamplandsDoor' as Deeza did with '2BMDZKangumabog13' but there are drawbacks with this. One is that you must use the same model on the outside in order for the continuity between locations to work. The more significant drawback is that, in the interior, the door does not fit properly when you position it between the door-flap area and the steps on the floor.

Hopefully, we could get some shaman clothing in the future...
Hi IG;

It all good. Dialogue done. Just have to do AI and some more clutter than its done. Also, can I make him a merchant or trainer or spell vendor? if not that's fine. It's just, I think it fits him more with him being the mage and healer of Blackrose.

PWN
Aye, whatever you wish. =)
Yay!
Hi All;

done, here it is, decided to leave out the spell vendor and merchant as it was a bit out of place the house. I de-scaled the middle structure as it was covering my hut and other buildings. it is back to 1.0000.
Enjoy!
PWN
Oh thanks PWN! I appreciate that. I'll take a look as soon as I can. :yes:
hi IG;

No worries!
Hi PWN!

I altered some stuff:
  • The NPC name needed to begin with BMPWN plus I like to include the settlement name so I added Blackrose followed by ThusSpoke
  • The NPC had been using the normal male skeleton rather than the Argonian one which can be found under Characters-_male-skeletonbeast.nf
  • The robe and hood didn't fit so I altered this. Please use our own clothing sets found under Clothing-clothes whenever possible.
  • The Barsaebic torch lighting was inappropriate for the location (and probably too bright) so I changed it to a collection of paper lanterns. Candles are perfectly fine for a place like this though.
  • The hut is sparsely cluttered. Although there really isn't much room to clutter liberally, a few books or personal items wouldn't go amiss. So I added: a decanter and two bowls from the miscitems, some bamboo corm from the ingredients, two books from the books collection and some of our own wine from the potions menu.
  • I received some error messages when I loaded up the esp relating to quest objects and so on and it seemed to be that this was related to some dialogue. I'm no expert on dialogue but I'm pretty sure it doesn't get set up like this but via the dialogue button in the NPC's character window. Yet, not knowing enough about quests, I'm not entirely sure how to remove it and change it to what is should be....unless you know something I don't, PWN...?

Other than the last point, this can now be merged. Well done, PWN! :goodjob:

On a pretty much completely unrelated side-note, I noticed that the Blackrose temple in the city appears to not only be too large but also missing the entrance to the temple itself. See the middle shot of the second row here: City Planning Thread 1: Blackrose . This walkway up to the temple seems to have vanished besides just the temple having been altered after MD submitted a new, improved model for it.

The question is: how do whole chunks of work like this suddenly disappear since I know I had that file merged? I'll direct sandor here and see if he can shed any light on the situation....perhaps some modding shows up as an error and is inadvertently deleted....? Could it be that if two esps that alter the same area come up whilst merging, one esp is favoured over another without being able to discern which one contains the correct modifications and which one is the 'dirty mod'?
It may be that when the files get cleaned by Gecko or other comparable software, these errors get taken as dirty files and wiped along with the rest.
Yes, that's what I'm thinking. I just mentioned that on the last line whilst editing the above post.

In the meantime, I have attached the adjusted file to this post in case PWN wanted to take a look at it.

@ PWN - Can you get back to me about the question regarding the dialogue in my post above, please?
Pages: 1 2 3