Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: TSRI0108 "Blackrose: Hinald and Jastopha's House" (Completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Aha, I see. Does that mean I can commence work on this interior? Really, the exterior wall doesn't make it that difficult. I can live with that. So as long as the interior model is OK...

A quick question, should I mess around with the stairs issue? (see Helga thread) I don't want to double your work. I can look into it, though, if you are busy.
Checked the thread - I'll answer there.
OK, I'm mostly done with ST claim. Few more tweaks and it should be complete. Fantastic... the touch of Morrowind! So many possibilities, old Morro with today's models, textures, Oblivion possibilities.

Anyway... Smile So per morcroft's post, is it good? Can I start working on Hinald and Jastopha's?
Sure, yes. I granted you the claim a short while back, bud. :yes:

However, I'd be careful with your placement with those models. You may need to readjust them if things are askew as they were a little with Helga's Hostel, originally. Anyway, it's your call.
OK, sure. Good timing. I've just submitted my ST claim, so I switch gears.
Done. See the file attached.

Work performed:
  • Clutter
  • Lighting
  • 2 NPCs
  • Pathgrids
  • Full AI: Sleep, Eat, Read, Wander (working OK, tested)
  • Dialogue (working OK, tested. Although as the Dialogue is shared, talking to one NPC triggers another NPCs topics. Yet I think it's acceptable.)
  • Story idea prepared, based on the description of the claim (IG: You surely remember Thief's the 7th Crystal, where two people grew apart. It's a little bit this style, although the 7th Crystal was much heavier.)
  • Readables (Diaries, Notes)
  • Faction created, door ownership changed, key provided to both NPCs
  • Beds and chests ownership changed
  • XMarker created
  • Northmarker created
You still need to:
  • Link the door to the outside one.
  • Maybe adjust the Northmarker a little, if needed.
  • Once Blackrose village is complete, edit/replace Hinald's Wander1 AI Pack, so he works in Fort Blackrose as a smith. For now he wanders around the house between 8am and 6pm.
Comments
  • General impression. I really like the outcome. I hope you do too. Despite the fact that the place is awfully small, I believe it was cluttered correctly.
  • Story. This time, I managed to provide a short story with some arc. Smile Usually in the other claims, it's impossible to fit in a story with any character-arc or story-arc in such mini-claims. So usually the story is static and applies only to the present and it's more like a characteristic of the NPC. Maybe you can describe some of the NPC's problems, thoughts or desires. So I believe this story is a significant improvement.
  • Objects to Static. As the place is small, it might be good to change some of the objects to Static. It's very easy for either the player or the NPCs to scatter the objects all over the place and make a mess.
Some issues found:
  • Modelling issue. The interior mesh has a hole, see the screenshot below.
  • Check the object called BMchessboard (or similar). The boundries need to be decreased.
  • There don't seem to be any Notes models available for BM. When I worked with ST claim, there were very nice notes I could insert. By notes I mean sheets of paper with text. I had to use vanilla ones, but they are not impressive.
Let me know what you think. Comments appreciated, so I can improve in the future.

[Image: 13zy736.jpg]
Cheers, JB3. Sadly, my time is again limited (another hectic weekend) but I noticed that you had used Soulrest banners there in the last shot. Those will need to be changed. I don't think we have anything specifically assigned to Blackrose but I'd just opt for grungy, 'orrible ones to reflect the city's character.

Anyway, looking good. I'll go check it out ASAP.
Is this one considered done? Any modifications?

I don't meant to rush, take your time. Just let me know, so we tick it off the list.
Thanks for the reminder, JB3. I had forgotten about this one tbh.

Some points remain from the work on the previous claim we talked about. Those being the texture used for the diaries / books (they can't use the religious textures). The other thing is that I really like what you did with the shield and crossed axes / hammers. However, bear in mind that those items are collisioned and will fall off the wall in-game. When decorating, try to stick to static objects. Weapons, miscitems and activators are often too much subject to gravity to be used in this way. To check that it works, you might try clicking the 'run havok sim' button on the main menu (it's the one that looks like a red rubber ball bouncing away with the letters 'HK'). If you have selected the item you're unsure about, it will fall off the wall with the havok sim selected.

Secondly, it's the tapestry choices again. The Soulrest ones need to be replaced and the others are Gideon ones (BMBannerGid) with the Gideon logo on them and can't be used (you're uncanny in choosing items selected for use elsewhere). Likewise, the BMSRWindow03INT models are windows reserved for use with the Soulrest tileset (they match the textures).

When you make your replacements, I'd advise going for more drab-looking options to reflect the fact that Blackrose is not a pretty place to live (it's sort of a prison colony).

Otherwise, it's all good. Excellent job of the cluttering and AI and I really like what you did with the skulls. =)

1. Religious texture for diaries / books to be changed.
  2. Weapons on the wall. If you look at my post where I submitted the file, I've actually pointed that out under Comments. I can change them into Static type object, if that's OK.
  3. Soulrest tapestries to be changed.
    [/list=1]
    OK, same as with Sophoclius claim, I will make these adjustments.
Pages: 1 2 3