Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: TSRI0108 "Blackrose: Hinald and Jastopha's House" (Completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Cheers, JB3. Could you just check with KP if changing them to static objects in the CS will be enough? They may need to have non-collisioned models putting in the archive otherwise.
Crap, we probably need to tweak the collision model type in NifSkope. When I change them to Static, they can't be taken, however they still "make a drama" when you walk into them in-game mode. Boom, wham... and a big mess everywhere in this small interior cell. Big Grin

Perhaps a good opportunity for me to actually read NifSkope tutorial and eventually learn how to tweak that.

In the meantime, let me PM KP.
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Cheers, JB3. Could you just check with KP if changing them to static objects in the CS will be enough? They may need to have non-collisioned models putting in the archive otherwise.

You need to actually change the collision, to make an object static.

So if you have an havoked item that falls to the ground, you need to make a second and separate version, and change the bhkRigidBody settings to :

"OL_Static" collision layer (under "Layer" and "Layer Copy")

*zero out all the inertia fields (might be optional, but I do this just in case, anyway)

*zero Mass

*MO_SYS_FIXED

*DEACTIVATOR_NEVER

*SOLVER_DEACTIVATION_OFF

*MO_QUAL_FIXED

.....then enter that second static nif into the CS, then use that static item on the walls/etc, where you don't want things to fall down...however....

1) under "Static" section of CS, to where they can't be taken

2) enter them as "Misc Item"/"Clutter"/"Weapon" to where they can be taken (but will drop the same static nif when item dropped from inventory and item will float at player waist level)

3) enter them as an animated "Activator", whereby once the static item is activated, a script on the static version instead adds the clutter version to the player's inventory, and the static item visually disappears with the animation. This is the best route, for what you want to do, I think.

You can most likely insert the static item's collision and mesh into one of my pre-animated flora nifs, that have harvest animations, so you don't need to set up the animation by yourself. I can help you with the scripting if need be, and other details as well.

Koniption
:banana: :banana: :banana:

See the file attached.

1. Try to pull the weapons out of the walls now, if you can. Smile
2. Diaries changed.
3. Tapestries changed.
Kewl. Job done. I'll change the claim to 'completed' status but keep it out of the archive so it reminds me to switch the 'int' model. :goodjob:
Did you get around to switching the model for this one in the end?
Ah no. I'm just about to bugger off for the night. Do you have time to do this, Deeza? Otherwise, I'll get it sorted tomorrow night when I have a little more time.
Shouldn't be too hard to fix. I'll take a look at it later tonight.

Edit:

I'll let you know one way or the other if I manage to do it.
Cheers, Deez! :goodjob:
No problem.
Pages: 1 2 3