Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: "Advertising" our mods in Cyrodiil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the TES4 Vvardenfell team hopes to 'advertise' our mod by having a mini-mod in Cyrodiil with a Dunmer family in every town or something of the sort and when asked, they will talk about the Redoran lands just beyond the Cyrodiil-Morrowind border, which is the Velothi Mts but most of their dialogue would be about the island of Vvardenfell (because this is our Vvardenfell idea). However, (when tired of studying Chemistry), I decided to look into the Silgrad Tower Lyrics section, and " lo' and behold " Silgrad Tower obviously has plans for this too... now I would like to know if there is any way we can collaborate? perhaps make a joint-venture at a mini-mod that will tell about Silgrad AND Vvardenfell... maybe a few savants, travelers, and Dunmer emmissaries.... but basically to give players a tangible glimpse into what we are doing... and maybe include in there a new armor type like Redoran bone-mold or something... just to get the people really enticed and hooked, just waiting or wanting to help make the mod and play it! Big Grin

Quote:here is SIlgrad Tower idea?
Lyrics -> Quests -> Main Story

Getting to know Silgrad
In order to entice the player to come and explore Silgrad, a number of new NPCs are planted around the Cyrodiil province who talk a bit about what's going on, and then point to the "Emmisary of the Dunmer" for more information. The "Emmisary of the Dunmer" would be a new building in the capital of Cyrodiil, and its intended function is to promote politics favorable to Morrowind, although we wouldn't delve to deep into that. It's also a hostel, so the new NPCs planted in Cyrodiil have somewhere to sleep, and might have a bar with imported Morrowind liquor. But that's beside the point. Rather, the point of the Emissary building is so that representatives of the Temple, Hlaalu, Redoran and Telvanni can speak to the player and give their own skewed opinion on what's going on in Silgrad. All of them end by pointing the player to go and see Valderon in Silgrad, with whom the main story begins and ends.
Regardless of whether the player has been to the Emissary or not, the main story would begin when he has a meeting with Valderon, who still lives in the Council of Elders building. There'll be plenty of nudges in that direction too, if the player talks to the people of Silgrad. He won't be able to get anywhere with the Temple or the Great Houses as of yet, but can of course take advantage of the services offered by them. Walking through Silgrad, the player would also get subtle hints that all is not well; people taunting each other, fights breaking out here and there between different faction members, the Silgrad guardians arresting certain individuals (and more or less, depending on what the new CS and Radiant AI is capable of).
batman brought up a good point.... the Vvardenfell team hopes that in the "advertisment mod" we can have potted plants of Morrowind and maybe even a Guar! that would truly impress a player who wants Morrowind!
It would fun to have all three projects co-ordinate 'advertising' and kick-off points. Even though we are keeping certain aspects of our slices of the world separate for technical and other reasons, anything that helps to give the impression that we are all part of the same, living world will enhance the gaming experience we offer.

The question will be how to do it without tripping over each other's quests = co-operative creativity.

NPC responses in each project ought to mention the other projects, and perhaps a quest line that will lead the player to other events and NPCs in Cyrodiil at the least.

What others will have to decide is whether it is tschnicall feasible to put links in each mod that go direct to each of the others...

ps, on a purely personal note, did someone hit your avatar in the face with a paintball, K? Tongue
raggidman:
but this is simply an advertising-mini-mod thread... not a collaboration thread...
its only about an advertising-mini-mod that would give players a glimpse at what we doing
I think the mods will have ideas that over both... maybe 1 or 2 factions that will... transports like Mages and ships can travel between the two...

argonians in TES4, you can customize skin color a lot you know
remember kukluza, we had the idea of using som e already made resources like plants, and also including the guar if it was ready enough...
Quote:Originally posted by batman
remember kukluza, we had the idea of using som e already made resources like plants, and also including the guar if it was ready enough...
yeah, that too....
you don't want to use that anymore?
Quote:Originally posted by batman
you don't want to use that anymore?
no its up there, check it, I edit
Again, sorry for the belated reply. I'm trying to catch up with threads that got away from me, and I don't mean any disrespect.

KuKulzA, the text you referenced was part of my "draft for the main quest" which I wrote about a year ago. Since then we've decided (on our internal board) not to implement it. Speaking for myself, I rather liked the way the draft started but after it broke off into different faction quest branches there was no way to tie it back together again that would have been both easy and relatively logical.

So the idea of the Silgrad Tower team modding an "Embassy of the Dunmer" in Cyrodiil is withdrawn together with the rest of my draft. I can only apologize for not keeping the information on the website up to date, but I think it has been fixed now.

Oh, and on a sidenote, I talked to Dairon a couple of days ago and he said he had lost all the files for the guar he was working on. Sad