Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: rpc01 "Castle Parkeep" [Closed]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sounds good Big Grin.

After you finished the layout of the castle I am willing to help out, if you like.

Meaning I could decorate a few rooms ( 2/3, depends on what you want) of the castle. The only thing I need is a clear description of the room(s) (what are you planning, style, rich/middle etc.).

Good modding :yes:.
While doing 2D layout I understood that Bethesda left lots of free space (gaps between outer walls and inner walls) while doing Cheydinhal Castle. I guess they never did 2D layout Smile)))

EDIT: I guess I'll try to fill free space with empty abandoned locked rooms. Maybe they had some use when the town was built, but now they are abandoned.
That's interesting to know, HITD. I can't say I've noticed the mismatch while playing the game, but then again I'm not the most scrutinizing player. (I like to be serious as a team member and modder, but as a player... nah... I prefer to run around and kill things. Tongue )

But then again I've felt Bethesda were better game designers and modellers than modders, especially when they created Oblivion, and I'm not surprised to see awesome mods like Jannix Quinn's spears / polearms / weapon staves (in my mind) trumphing any official mod they'd try to pawn off to us.

If you're left with extra room in your interior design, might I suggest a substantial portion of the space be reserved for living quarters? They don't have to be detailed at all, just a bare empty room. Because you see I set up all the claims for the Imperial District and all the homes are 'taken', leaving no space for additional characters to sleep at night. I used to have three homeless characters in the districts but solved two of them; Ertius Fulbenus got a tent along the road to the cemetary, and Petra Artorius (loveletter lady) got both a home and a shop when I edited a few recycled claims. So now it's just the female painter (Sosia Saccus) who doesn't have a proper bed to sleep in, and it'd be perfect if I could tweak that character to give her a bed in the castle. I'd of course be more than happy to mod her room, in that case. But I also suspect we'd see more characters in the future who won't have a normal home to sleep in, and I think the castle would be an ideal solution for that. What do you think?
Yup, it's nice idea.

About gaps - I didn't check the scale thoroughly, but I've compared the room sizes to the throne room - and the layouts, and it looks like about 20-35% of castle's volume is unused. Living room is ok, I just have to decide where to make entrance to them - I'm thinking about security system for castle and different groups of NPC that have keys according to their position and needs (to make treasury assault a real challenge).

There will also be secret entrances - one from dungeon to the sewers, another from the lords' manor to the soluthis sewers. I'm thinking about system of secret passages inside castle, which was build for lords' to be able to move around the castle unseen and watch on his servants. But this system was long forgotten, and Baron knows nothing about it. PC will have to discover it (maybe some book?) to be able to enter treasury. The second way to enter it is acquiring keys and using secret entrances in the night. I plan the rooms so that PC will have to acquire all the keys, going from lesser ones to the lords'. Hard work though Smile
In about one hour layout for entrance/throne and barracks/dungeon areas will be ready and connected. Tomorrow I'll be away from the town, so I can post it today for quick feedback. Or I better finish the layout and post it next week?
Pure layout, almost no lights, etc, only rooms and doors (doors between cells, not beetween rooms yet)

EDIT: and there's nothing to check besides layout, so I better wait until I complete all the layout. It's much faster than I thought Smile good that I've planned everything on the paper first
In any case, I am looking foward to your layout Smile.
Here it is - entrance/throne area, barracks/dungeon and part of the storage\living area. I wanted to make entrance\throne area unique, but there's not enough interior models for it - that's why layout of this area looks like Cheydinhal or Chorrol or any other castle. I'll try to make it unique with clutter, banners and ST flora - mushrooms, etc.

barracks/dungeon area is scaled to the exterior model, so you can see - it's big Smile northern room is training area, then goes guard sleeping quarters, then prison and wine cellar.

storage\living area - there will be food storage room, armory, maybe smithy - and living quarters for additional towns' NPC. Area layout is not complete yet. Stewards and others will live in Private Quarters - that will be another cell, not this one Smile

cell name - rpc01

p.s. no Northmarkers yet, almost no lights. lights will be step 2 after completing layout.
It's huge indeed.

Looks good :yes:.
Almost done the layout - all the main areas are completed, have to make secret exits to sewers and to soluthis sewers.

Some lightning is done too, perhaps today I'll finish to light all the corridors. Lights are not scripted to game hour yet.
It's coming along very well Smile. Do you have plans for the towers ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8