Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: rpc01 "Castle Parkeep" [Closed]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I'll fix it all

Problem with the light - I haven't fixed my home PC yet (have no time, and reinstalling everything didn't help - I guess I'll reinstall WinXP, then install video/audio drivers, then try to run Oblivion, if it's ok - will start installing all the soft I need and testing Oblivion after each one), and the CRT on my work is too old and too dark (adding gamma or manipulating screen menu doesn't help) - can't test it normally here.
Still, CS runs ok at my home PC Smile I guess today I'll reinstall OS and will finetune all the lights.

I've promised to write lights scheduling dialogue - I've tested script to turn off the lights. It works ok, but only if light source is composite (static mesh + separate light source), as disabling the candle will cause it to disappear. There are 2 ways - either I place candle+static candle, and make the opposite scripts (candle disables, static enables, and so on) or to use static candle+separate light source. I'll look into it further - later Smile

secret doors: strange, but a few times it looked like the CS removed parent info after some time. Or i have version problems Smile I'll add version numbers to esp - and check later.
Your remarks about the light, noted.

Take your time, it can be fixed later on Smile.

About the scripting.
Sounds really good Smile.

Good luck with reinstalling XP. :yes:
Hooray, it was easy Smile problem is not in the OS or soft Smile))

RULE: if you move My Documents to directory with existing My Games/Oblivion, remove all the .ini from My Games/Oblivion Smile)))
I'll keep that in mind. I am glad you found the problem :yes: .
Fixed everything except winerack. I'll fix it later.
As my PC at home works - checked all the cells. They are really too dark. Storage area should be dark as it's storage, but I've increased ambient lightning 1.5x everywhere.
Placed more lights in the entrance/throne room and dining hall - now player can see everything. It's parts of the castle, shown to the visitors - so Baron shouldn't economy on candles Smile)

EDIT: I hope to have lots of free time this weekend - at monday I'll post updated version with much more details.
Thanks for the update.
update (for me, not to forget anything):

0. castle layout - 90% (will add towers)

1. throne room - 90% (need new throne, some dwemer artifacts for cases)

2. service area - 90%
smithy - 100%
blacksmith room - 100%
storage room - 100%
corridor clutter - 90%
pathgrid - 100%
NPC - 50% (will give blacksmith wife)
NPC AI - 50% (wife)

3. barracks - 60%
main barracks - 90% (some clutter)
captains room - 10%
jail - 10%
wine cellar - 95% (bleeding bottles)
corridor clutter - 30%
pathrgird - 30%
NPC - 0%
scripts - 0% (need bunch of jailing scripts)

4. dining hall - 10%
dining hall - 20%
kitchen - 0%
corridor clutter - 0%
pathgrid - 0%
NPC - 0%

5. private quarters - 10%
servants rooms - 0%
barons quarters - 80%
secret room - 70%
corridor clutter - 0%
pathgrid - 0%
NPC - 0%

6. Towers - 0%

7. Castle
guards AI - 0%
servants AI - 0%
baron - 0%
lock system - 0%
scheduling lights - 0%
dialogues - 0%
quests - 0%
If you want, I can attempt another retex for the throne. BTW: Who is the count/ruler of Reich Parkeep? How old is he/she? What is the baron's character like?
Ruler is Baron Remo (imperial/male, Lord Reich Parkeep). His wife is the Baroness Ylvone (nord/f).
He is about forty, you can see screenies at the end of the first post in this thread.
I haven't started thinking on his character, as I need to check his dialogues in TES3 mod (I have it, so it's a matter of time). I'll do it soon.
Yes, if you can do retex - it will be great.
and check this thread:
[REQ] Throne for Reich Parkeep castle
Since the rulers of Cyrodiil cities tend to be called "Count Anvil" and similar, wouldn't Remo be called "Baron Reich Parkeep"? I don't really know, just something I came to think about.

Lord is a title used by House Redoran, but naturally not exclusively since it's a common title. But they do call their leaders "Lord (town name)" as seen for instance in the Red Book of 3E 426. Areya would be called Lord Soluthis so I doubt they would have been mixed up, but I wanted to mention it just the same. =)

I don't believe the Baron and Baroness had any custom dialogue in the TES3 mod. Dialogue as a whole was one of our weak points back then, which I tried to remedy to some degree. I added some dialogue about them, but those lines were more about where they could be found in the old Reich Parkeep. I referenced Remo in book form once, too, in the old guide to Reich Parkeep -- but I don't want to keep that, since the tension should be higher this time imho:
[blockquote]Local affairs of our city are decided by Remo, Imperial Baron of Reich Parkeep (20). While his power over the city is unquestionable, Baron Remo is sensitive to Redoran traditions and feelings. When it comes to issues affecting the Dunmer, he always has an ear open for advice from Areya, Redoran Master Lord of Reich Parkeep (10).[/blockquote]

The title for Areya was wrong by the way. I wrote it when I was still a newbie, having only been here for three months by that time, and I came in knowing virtually nothing about lore. So, all in all, I think the slate is pretty clean for you to design your character as you would like him to be.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8