Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: rpc04 "Screaming Helm Tavern"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Claim code (reference):
rpc04 "Screaming Helm Tavern"

Estimate of size:
house

Architectural Type:
Imperial Cheydinhal (ext.model: CheydinhalHouseMiddle02, rotation: -3)

Freeform description of this claim:
As some may know, Reich Parkeep was a town the player could visit in The Elder Scrolls I: Arena and we've taken the name of this tavern from that game - so you're actually modding a lore-based location, albeit Arena was such a different game that the lore means very little apart from that it's called Screaming Helm and is a Tavern. It's not an Inn - you can only get drinks and food here, not rooms. There is an Inn located in the South district and called the "Golden Gryffin", where you can get drinks and food too btw. With the location of this Tavern in mind one can imagine that they would serve a lot of Legionnaires and city guards, which incidentally would tie in pretty well with the name of the Tavern in my humble opinion.

This location didn't exist in our old mod.

The owner of this tavern lives in rpc19, which is a separate claim.

[indent][/indent]The first modder to claim either the house or the tavern gets to decide if he wants to mod the NPC(s) or not.

1. To claim this location, please post a reply saying so.

2. To mod a claim, start a new .esp dependant on both oblivion.esm and the reich parkeep alpha .esp. Mod the location at your discretion and free time. Then set up the entrance door in your interior to link to a new door in the exterior city which you position on your claim's exterior building. Thusly, playing with both Reich Parkeep alpha and your .esp at the same time means that the game loads both the exterior city as well as the door that links to your interior. In time, hopefully the community will be able to merge .esp's but for now I think this is a solution that could work.
I'll take a shot at modding a tavern. I don't want to do the NPC though since I am inexperienced at making npcs.

For the base interior model, should I use a cheydinhal house model for it, or one of the tavern specific models?
Quote:Originally posted by X23
I'll take a shot at modding a tavern. I don't want to do the NPC though since I am inexperienced at making npcs.

For the base interior model, should I use a cheydinhal house model for it, or one of the tavern specific models?

K, granted. :check:

The exterior is "CheydinhalHouseMiddle02" so you should use "CheydinhalHouseMiddle02Interior".
First version. I would post screenshots but Imageshacks says my Oblivion Screenshots are too big.

To get there type COC "rcp04"
A few changes, probably near-final version. There are 12 seats.
Wow, flexing those virtual carpentry skills!! I'll check this out when I get home Big Grin
Hi,

Looks good. Saw only one floater (UCStool, near the stairs) . I am looking forward to the finished version.
Sounds like swift progress. A tavern can be a rich source of quests and stories, so if you have ideas wihle you are working on it, then make a few notes, and we will see what can be done.

Since I am working blind here a screenie would help if you want to get together with whoever does the NPCs to build a background history.
Can someone take screenshots for me?

Imageshack won't let me upload them.

I don't know how to make quests so making quests in the tavern will be up to other people. I did think of a quest, but that involves Vvardenfell, and a dunmer. Since we don't have the Redoran disrict of Reich parkeep, or Vvardefell I'll ahve to wait to implement my quest.
I fixed the one floating object, anything else I should add? I consider it almost done, but anyone can make suggestions so I can make it better.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13