Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Idea for entering Elsewyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Maybe read something in the black horse courier that says the legion are trying to cut down on skooma smuggling, as skooma induced crimes are on an all time high, so they have put up a large wall or maybe guards that don't allow you to pass (unless you go through a checkpoint type thing) in between elsweyr and cyrodil and will search anyone passing through for skooma or moon sugar. This will also force the player into elsweyr through a certain way so the other side could be made to look exciting as it is the first experience of elsweyr the player will have.

Oh just read someone else with this idea.
Quote:Originally posted by Liquid Cheese
Maybe read something in the black horse courier that says the legion are trying to cut down on skooma smuggling, as skooma induced crimes are on an all time high, so they have put up a large wall or maybe guards that don't allow you to pass (unless you go through a checkpoint type thing) in between elsweyr and Cyrodiil and will search anyone passing through for skooma or moon sugar. This will also force the player into elsweyr through a certain way so the other side could be made to look exciting as it is the first experience of elsweyr the player will have.

Oh just read someone else with this idea.

The problem with this idea is that not everyone reads the Black Horse Courier.
Ok guys, I have a voice actor for the plot teaser we are doing and I'll just say this. The player is sent to elsweyr by the elder council.
That's not such a terrible idea. At least now the EC DOES something, eh?
I was just thinking, Why not just remove the borders? And then edit the the land mass from there, I know it will be bigger, but wouldnt it be possible to just edit the elsewyr land that already is there? adding all the extra stuff and just removing the border. I mean, I just want to simply walk from skingrad to elsewyr without the need to go through a 'Secret passage' or a 'teleport', yes a teleport can work but then the teleport must be the whole border which will then just take you to the same spot, but on the other side of the border. It comes down to this, I just want to simply walk into the province without the need to know that this secret passage is the only way ect. Like when you walk over the border when you disable them in your ini file.
well the heightmap is already done and the whole Elsweyr cant be in that worldspace..
They aren't to scale either, our elsweyr is bigger than cyrodil if you put them together so they won't slot together.
And the reason for that is because Cyrodiil is too small. Removing the borders would mean that we would need to hand make all of the land, which is way to much work. thats why Beth made heightmaps.
We could make scripted invisible walls I think. Ones that can teleport you to Elsweyr when you pass through them...
There are too many immersion issues, scale being one of them, it owuld look plain bad.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9