Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Idea for entering Elsewyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quote:Originally posted by Hrafnkel
Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
Would be a nightmare for quests and the like, no one is going to care that much how many ways they can get to elsweyr, so long as they can.

You seem to know exactly what everyone in the world does or does not care about. What's your secret?

Telepathy, no other. Big Grin

No seriously I agree with DA, only handfull of people will actually care about it.
running the mod is my job, if its a feature that will take a lot of work and won't be hugely appreciated, I have to be realistic because I need to make sure this mod is completed someday.
I think we all know that much. Methinks that you took my post as having a different tone than it did, since that seems to be a recurring issue with us.
Yes it is, at lest it never ends with harbored negative feelings.
Thinkin about this - would a keep getting lost spell help?

You meet up with an 'unavoidable character' the first time you approach the Border after downloading - give reason why and how the spell is:

1) He is experimenting, and decided to use you as a test subject - he is sooo sorry, but something went wrong, but all will be ok, he will fix, yes Big Grin

Meet him in his laboratory in such a town and he will have a counterspell ready for you... :yes:

Umm, he has be called to the Imperial Capital - someone important is interested in his research! :banana:

His (trusty) assistant can assist.... uh ohhh... :[

Helpful assistance is forthcoming - buuuut there is a small drawback, it cannot be cast on you directly, so he has cast the new spell on 'a certain public transport vehicle'. And he will do so with others too - just to be helpful!

any use?

2) You have made (yet another) enemy! - by doing whatever - and have been cursed!

You need help! There is a local researcher/priest/priestess who can help - the counterspell has to be specially crafted and the helper needs to know the exact wording of the curse.

a) You seek out the culprit's abode, but he/she will not willingly help - there is a fight , there is an explosion - there is only a scrap of the now deceased's curse remaining so there can only be a partial fix - This fragment can be used to create a partial counterspell - there is not enough to do more so it will work on - designated transport only = something that regularly travels there and so has momentum...

b) This s.o.b. is luckier than Fargoth (may actually be a relative) and you just cannot defeat, capture, whatever - he/she will never speak to you because of what you did (but never tells you what you did) but eventually will drop a written fragment of his/her curse in the process.

This fragment can be used to create a partial counterspell, but the damnable luck of the Fargoth Family ensures that... it will work on - designated transport only = something that regularly travels there and so has momentum...
Speaking of lost spells... If I recall, there was someone in Morrowind who mentionned the lost scrolls of "Wall-Pass" or something that allows you to pass through walls, but maybe the spell didn't get so lost as it is seperated. Wink

What I suggest is possibly having this wall pass spell disable the collision of only certain walls, and it is essential in the MQ of Elsweyr. And other wall-pass spells of the other mods also only affect certain walls. These special walls should all have something in common, like a herald or a symbol or something.
Not sure this wall pass topic relates to dealing with the transfer/travel from Cyrodiil to Elsweyr TID? Maybe you could start a new thread?
It doesn't, just mentionning. Tongue

Remember in Tribunal how assassins tried to kill you, and that eventually led to the main story? Maybe we could have something along those lines?
Perhaps a ship wreck would be in order? You (as the Champion of Cyrodiil) are sent by the Elder Council to Morrowind, to search for Saint Nerevar, who did play a significant role in solidifying the Imperial presence there, you leave from Anvil upon a chartered vessel. The voyage goes normally, until your vessel encounters a massive storm, the ship is torn apart by the storm's ferocity, you are left clinging to the chest you kept your items in during the passage. After a day or two of floating about in the ocean you wash up on the shores of Elsewyr. (Could be done via a movie like the beginning sequence of Oblivion)

Of course the reason for being sent wherever could be changed, as well as the starting point. Perhaps the reasons for going by sea could be that there was a great conflict with the Daedra during the Oblivion crisis which decimated the land routes to Morrowind.
You are presuming that the player wanted to be champion of Cyrodiil, and that the player wants to do anything for the Imperial authorities .... Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9