Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Other races
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
There is mention in lore of a rat like race and a canine race. I don't know if there is going to be room for homelands for them in our landscape, however, I do know that we do want to be able to place some NPC's and have a playable race for each.

Kodama and I think the canine race should be something different from the lycan, which is being used already by others anyways.

These would be great for some side quests and such. This is another opportunity to create new lore for Akavir.
Yeah, we will have some space left for those two races, i will make some more land if i have to Wink
How about a bird race or a bat race?
That would be cool, and i have suggested "Tengu" a long time ago (on our old website).
O-Tengu are japanese humanoids with wings, Karasu-Tengu look more like crows.
And the bat race, well...i'm not sure if we can do that.
Hmmm, we could also go for a changeling race, like the Philippine Tiyanak (so we can represent other cultures too) which is : "The Tiyanak is the offspring of a woman and a demon, as said by the Filipinos. The Tiyanak can also be the aborted fetus of the mother, and then comes to life to bring mischief and hardships to the woman. It is characterized as having red skin and no hair, with glowing eyes." Instead for our lore, we could make them as vengeful spirits/undead and unborn children of the other races in Akavir that were killed and caught in the cross fire when the Tigers and Snakes fought. Instead of allying themselves with one of the two, they hate them both.
That is a very good idea :goodjob:

Yeah, we should use this (if we can get this modeled).
cool ^_^
They could be Akavir's local version of the Sloads, obsessed with Necromancy and stuff (if the west has a bunch of necrophiliac psychos the east should have them too lol). During the war their clan lost alot of their people (9/10) so the surviving memebers resorted to necromancy to help bring back their loved ones and family, however they wernt as experienced as the Sloads and their rituals were imperfect which led to they clans men being revived in a semi-limbo state.
so they're like zombie babies or something?
I think so......

Sick! :lmao:
stretch it further. I've read some stories that certain evil oriental wizards/shamans uses human sacrifices to create some items or to practise certain magical skills or even to consecrate some sites.

Why not make an evil shaman who was then an important member (chief advisor?) of some minor nation long time ago. The nation was threatened by another stronger nation, so the shaman wanted to practise a sort of mighty magic or create a powerful artefact. Unfortunately, the cost is the lives of 1000 babies born under a certain sign. The weak and useless king agreed to this atrocity the shaman, with the help of the king, achieved just this. At the height of the sacrifice, when the capital itself was under sieged, one vengeful and heart-broken mother whose child was killed before her eyes suddenly threw herself into the sacrificial pit where the babies were sacrificed. The shaman was worried that the ritual was ruined, but surprisingly, the artefact is finished. The shaman then made use of the artefacts to invoke the Curse of the Blood Infants, where the vengeful spirits of the infants took semi-corporeal forms shrouded in blood mists and descended upon the army laying siege to the city. The invading army was broken, terrfied by the monstrous scene, where the evil spirits crawled all over the soldiers, tearing out their eyes and tongue and feasting on their blood and flesh. Soon, nothing was left on the plains except the hellish scene of torn bodies and scattered weapons. When the gloating shaman attempted to recall the spirits, he found, to his horror that the spirits were no longer under his control. Then, before him, a ghost form much larger than an infant formed out of the blood mists. It was the mother who had killed herself. Somehow, she had become the "mother" of all the "blood infants" and all the blood infants obeyed her instead of the wielder of the artefact. At her command, the shaman, the king and his men met a similar fate to that of the invaders. The nation was eradicated despite winning the war.

Rumors tells that the artefact to which the blood infants are bound to still exists somewhere, and that the "blood infant mother" still lead her children, desiring revenge on all who comes nearby....

hmmm.. hows that for 15 min? lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8