Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Concepts/Planning Ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
This thread will be for any concepts or planning we/I will be doing over the course of this mod. Anything like weapons or armor concepts or even the ruin itself will be talked about here.

So if you have any ideas please post them Big Grin
I was given this screenshot a while back from Bob ##### when the mod was Return Of The Dwemer. It can be found in the Dumac City Archives if you want to look. This is an exterior shot of Dumac City. Maybe we/i could base the new Dumac Exterior off this.

Tell me what ya think, if you have an idea sketch it and post it here. All concepts welcome
Howdy

My personal choice would be to keep it as much like the original as possible.

Possible additions to the exterior might be more figures (statues) and some crossbow placements

Also a different look for the main enterence might work as well something a bit larger or more decorated

Enjoy
Bob
I don't know if this could be useful, but it might.
(The framerate has more to do with how the old CS behaves on my system.)

[youtube=center]http://www.youtube.com/v/jmT-B5k38uA[/youtube]
I wanted to make the exterior bigger and more than a city placement, though keeping it the same could have some perks. That way people who played the TES 3 version will have some idea about what to expect.
Well TES3, if I remember correctly, takes place in 3e-427. In oblivion its 3e-433 so I think a little expansion wouldn't really do any harm considering it could have just expanded throughout the 6 years.
Howdy

I'm all for expansion, however this being Dwemer and the Dwemer don't exist how would this city expand?

One of the things I had mentioned in other threads relating to the Dwemer is that their is really no sign of a life beyond the ruin walls.

No evidence of the existance of female dwemer, no objects related to a home life of any type, maybe some of those things can be incorporated into this city.

A town inside the Ruins would be nice to see, some homes, if even their just plain. They were after all Mer, they had lives.

Enjoy
Bob
Quote:No evidence of the existance of [...] objects related to a home life of any type, maybe some of those things can be incorporated into this city.

i move to disagree. bends, furniture, and wares (potery and the like) are signs of domestic life.

as for expansion, perhaps some archeologists (or looters) uncovered previously burried/ hidden passages?
And I will move to disagree with your disagreeing Big Grin

You are correct those are signs of a life........

I am refering more to the lack of structured home type decor
Understanding that the Ruins (any of them) have benn looted more often than not, it is understandable that their is no structure to the items found, most are just scattered about

I would really like to see it all organized like a home, maybe as part of "expanding" the ruins as you suggested a lower section previously undisturbed, maybe here we can find chambers (homes) were these dwemer lived with their families, clothing, books, dressers, beds, cooking items, childrens items... all the comforts and so on could be found here.

Just something that might be worth seeing

Enjoy
Bob
i supose you simply have a more specific criteria on signs of life. personaly i think that adding more would be asuming too much (especialy with childrens who dont exist Tongue) about dwemer culture and kind of going agains the astablished criteria ("why is this the only ruin that shows signs of life?")

on a different note, i believe that most dwemer didnt live in the ruins that are under ground, but in structures that are mosty uneterable in the game (those little ruin building things, as well as towers).

oh well, thats my opinion. on the topic of dwarves im back to LotRO (yey for beta Smile)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15