Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis1305 [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sorry for not responding sooner. I read your post back when you made it and I intended to respond to it later on in the day. Regardless of the subject matter I kinda have to be in the right mood to write stuff Big Grin And then I forgot about it, sorry. But I guess if there is a rule of thumb about me then it is that if I don't reply in two days then I probably agree with what was said, or at least don't have any objections to it. In this case it was the former, and I liked your quest idea a lot.

A while back I introduced a new Velothi tileset I created, based on a design by Frank Mignone aka spankybus. Here's the old thread where he developed the design. I say design partly because it had no real uv mapping and partly because to get the tileset to work with the snap-to-grid system I had to spend more time tweaking it than it would have been to remodel it. (When I realized it would have taken less time to start from scratch I had already put enough work into it that it wasn't less work anymore.)

Now, this isn't necessarily bad news for the tileset piece you made because - unlike with the Redoran tileset - I have no plans to phase out the older tileset, the one Gundalf made. So tombs, temples and such made with the tileset will continue to look and work like they did before. But I still recommend that one uses the new tileset because I plan to develop it considerably so that it will be at least as versatile as Morrowind's tileset. It's up to you to decide if you want to do any modifications on your tileset piece and modded content, there's really no right or wrong choice.

Similarly there's no right or wrong way about using levelled creatures or hand-placed ones, just a matter of taste. I don't much care for levelled NPC opponents - it always irked me in Bloodmoon too - but I can't say that doing it would be wrong in the sense of reviewing.

My fade model (meshes\ST\clutter\Misc\Fade01.nif) doesn't have collision, so the game doesn't react when you point on it in-game. Instead I recommend you use the black door object (meshes\ST\Dungeons\Misc\DoorBlack01.nif).

You're most welcome to submit any new models. If it's something one has made oneself then it can always be included but if it's borrowed from another mod then it has to be used at least once in the mod to be included. Looking forward to checking out your firepit Smile
If that's the case, then I can let the tomb wait for a while, leaving only the cave. To be honest, I think I'd probably prefer waiting for a newer tileset if you've one planned, that won't be a problem. The piece I made didn't take a second to alter anyway, and it doesn't have collision yet.

About the black door- would it be possible to alter its texture (if it has one) so that it's transparent, or alternatively, could the fade piece be given collision?
Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91
If that's the case, then I can let the tomb wait for a while, leaving only the cave. To be honest, I think I'd probably prefer waiting for a newer tileset if you've one planned, that won't be a problem. The piece I made didn't take a second to alter anyway, and it doesn't have collision yet.

About the black door- would it be possible to alter its texture (if it has one) so that it's transparent, or alternatively, could the fade piece be given collision?

No I created it already, should be easy to find. I plan to expand it with specialty pieces - large tiles, dome tiles, and so on - but the tileset works as it is. Gundalf's set is currently more versatile albeit much more complex to mod with.
Alright, no problem. Just checked out the new Velothi pieces - very nice. Smile It was the first time I'd had a proper look at the large Redoran pieces too, they're very impressive.

So how would I edit the black door so that it's transparent?

Should the DoorBlack01.nif have a normal map btw? When I place it near lights, I can see a texture:

[Image: th_aa_black_door01.jpg]

Also, were there any cavern beams created? I couldn't find one, so I made one myself. Here's a screenshot from the CS:

[Image: th_aa_cavern_beam01.jpg]
First create a mesh that covers the hole, then create a black texture in Photoshop and give it an alpha channel with a grayscale color and apply it to your mesh. Give it a simple planar mapping. Export it and open it in nifskope and add a nialphaproperty node to the mesh with the flag 4845. Open my black door model, copy-paste your mesh into it, delete my mesh and save it as a new nif file. Tweak the collision to your liking.

It should have a texture but I didn't realize it was ever visible ingame. If you do make a black texture like I mentioned perhaps we can use that one on the black door object instead. To the best of my knowledge meshes need textures for the tangent spaces to work properly, and without tangent spaces the model might cause the "black screen bug" that affect players with certain video cards.

Nope, I don't recall making any cavern beams. Nice job :goodjob:
Okay I'll give that a try, thanks. Wink
I recieved an error report from sandor awhile back that, among other things, listed models we had in our collection that weren't hooked up to the main esm. One of them was the double-bed you requested, and that led me to find this thread again Smile How's the claim coming along? Any chance you could send in a partially finished esp so the bed gets hooked up and can be used?
Wasn't the bed already set up?

Sorry, if I knew I'd have sent an esp earlier. Tongue

BTW I can finish this now that I know how to set up collision and such.

There was an error with the cell I created which was causing a ctd. I think it was because of esm dependencies. sandor let me know what was causing the problem via PM and attached a cleaned esp.

Perhaps it might be better if someone sets up the bed in another esp and it can be merged, because the cell might still have some errors, I don't know. I'll have to check it properly. If you want I can quickly create an esp with the bed and I'll PM it. Smile
Sure, either way would work, so if you prefer then please send the bed plugin to sandor Smile
Alright no problem. I'll send it ASAP.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6