Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Bitter Coast "Latrys North" [Claimed]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
I have fixed the errors Razorwing mentioned, but I'll include something extra before I release the extra version.
I have seen that some areas aren't detailed and have a few objects in a cell. Some cells have a little bit more detail, but that"s actually a part of the cell. Perhaps I've forgotten to turn the vertex painting on, with rochBC29 but most of the big objects do have vertex shading.
BCLN1: You don't have to retexture the Luminous Russola. However if you think it should happen, it's also ok for me.
BCLN5: Making pools isn't easy because the water height is dependant on the cells. Adding water can into an exterior cell can produce some troubles. You'll some water on unwanted places in the cell.
BCLN7: I think I have solved that problem.
BCLN9: The generation size value is quite high.
BCLN10: That's also solved. Look at BCLN5 for the cause of the problem.
Quote:Originally posted by blackbird
BCLN1: You don't have to retexture the Luminous Russola. However if you think it should happen, it's also ok for me.

Thanks for your kindness Smile But to be honest, the luminous russola/violet coprinus textures give me a slightly nauseous feeling whenever I look at them. The violet coprinus cap is ok I guess but the luminous russola cap... *shudder*. I put in a request to Stilgar the other day, but either he isn't taking requests at the moment or haven't had a chance to read my post yet. I'll give it a few more days and then I'll try to find new textures for them in the meantime.

BCLN5: Making pools isn't easy because the water height is dependant on the cells. Adding water can into an exterior cell can produce some troubles. You'll some water on unwanted places in the cell.

That's true, but the jist of my fifth item is that Draggle tail and ampoule pods should grow in a pool - be it a pool created with live water or created with a water/muck sheet - rather than on the ground or around the pool. They always did in the old game. Smile
http://files.filefront.com/ST+BD+lathrys...einfo.html
The link for the changed version.
If you want to, you may merge this to the main esm.
I've added interiors and NPC's to that village.
Thanks for the update. Smile
I'll merge the file.

Further I'll have a look at the interiors.
You may also check the cell east of Lathrysbaycamp. The cell has 150 objects!
I didn't have any dialogues made for the NPC's of Llothyn Mokamer.
You may also check the cell east of Lathrysbaycamp. The cell has 150 objects!
That's fine. Smile
I'm late. I'm sorry.

I had a review mostly typed up, but a number of the errors have been fixed. I'll give you a few pointers though because there's still a fair bit that needs attention, particularly on the roads, though I'm not going to do a full review right now. When you see sharp edges in the landscape like in the first screenshot (82, 4), or in the second screenshot (on the border between (81, 4) and (81, 5), try to fix them. There are also plenty of open-ended objects/floaters (third screenshot; of a StExComRockBC27 in cell (81, 5); fourth screenshot; of a mushroom and a tree in (80, 6)). I would go over the roads at least once because, from my point of view, it doesn't look like you've gone over them very thoroughly since you made the depression in the roads. Something else I noticed was the vertex shading in cell (70, 30). See the fifth screenshot.

Also look over Llothyn Mokamer for floaters and open objects. There aren't as many as in the last version, but I saw a few things floating (foliage, chest, rocks...). You might also want to get SACarrow's input on what models to use for your particular arrangement for the shacks because there are a few openings in the meshes (sixth screenshot; Rarvano Tedas' Shack).

Delyn's Peak is looking very nice. :goodjob: It's been a while since I last saw it. Again, though, look through it because there are several open rocks. The green rocks outside the upper entrance look a little bit out of place, but there's nothing technically wrong with them. And finally, a minor suggestion, add more rocks to the top of the mountain, maybe a small ring around the flat-ish peak and another ring around the statue. It looks like it'll be fun to play through, can't wait 'til it's done. Big Grin

-----

In regards to the BCLN5 comment, Ampoule pods and Draggle-Tail are supposed to grow in muckpools, but muckpools cannot be generated by the region generator. At least not to look as you would expect. All of that will have to be done by hand. I don't think having them on land temporarily should be a big problem, it should save a bit of time drag-and-dropping from the object window.

The path for the muckpool sheets is STATIC->ST->ReichParkeep->Misc.
@blackbird
I'll send the link for the updated esm via PM.

EDIT

It was a good thing we decided to merge the file to the esm.
There were a number of problems (bad forms etc.) that had to be fixed.

The final (fixed) version has been merged. Smile

EDIT2
I'll post a new version on the Source board.
I haven't finished the roads yet, but some cells containing roads are complete. However the basic road map is complete.
Download the updated esm from the Source.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15