Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Bitter Coast "Latrys North" [Claimed]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Lothyn Mokamer looks promising. :goodjob:

Just in case you didn't know, the platform models you used in Lothyn Mokamer have gaps in them (screenshot). It might be a good idea to ask SACarrow (since it's his tileset, I think he'd want to do it) if he wants to make a version of that model without the gaps, even just filling those holes in with faces. If not, it shouldn't be too difficult for me to do.

The StExDunShackStepsShort stairs on top of StExDunShackMidPlatform are floating

The shacks don't have roofs (not sure if this is intentional or not).
Since there are shacks involved, here are some ideas and questions:

- First, any screens that you might like me to view have to be at high noon for exteriors or way overlit for interiors. My vision is improving, but it's not happening quickly enough for me. Smile
- As for gaps between boards: within an object, OK; between objects, tiling problem. The walkway boards in particular were set up to look irregular, though the CM is pretty much a box.
- In general, the shack tileset thread has lotsa info as to the intended use of different pieces, what tiles with what and at which snap settings, etc. In particular, this post talks about the general tiling of the set, while this one talks about the half-platforms.

Just some thoughts.
Steve
Thank you for your info.
It's not specifically mentioned in the shack thread, but I'm pretty sure that steps (both long & short) tile to exterior shack bodies so that if a set of steps and a shack segment exterior are place at the same XYZ, the ladder ends at the base of where the door would be for that segment. I don't think I tied them to the platforms or foundations.

Steve
Could it be possible that NPC's can't walk on the ladder (if you don't rotate the ladder?)
The ladders (those Dunmer sure have funny-looking steps Smile) are pitched about as steeply as they can be and still have characters be able to walk up them. If you'd like to set them up as traditional ladders, I'd recommend using the mesh and defining a new door object.

Steve
I have a screenshot of the missing LOD part.
I meant nothing more with those ladder or steps.
The LOD land problem has been solved.
However I can't see some textures, although I generated them.
Quote:Originally posted by blackbird
I have a screenshot of the missing LOD part.
It's a defective mesh, after generating check the meshes with NifSkope and regenerate when necessary.

You mean a purple effect?

There are two possible reasons:
- The textures are missing.
- Turn of the water (shift W).
The LOD land problem has been solved.

Just out of curiosity, what is the new problem, and how was the old one solved?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15