Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Tsaesci mounts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Wowowow I missed something here.
*cough*
First of all, welcome to the forums Naga!

You seem to be really dedicated to the Tsaesci (finally, I seemd the only one around here -.-).
On the Wyrm idea: I, personally, do NOt like it.
Wyrms seem way to overpowered and there haven't been many records of mounted Tsaesci. A long time ago, I suggested something like a Cocatrice, but this also was rejected...
I like the idea of the wyrms being cursed by the Serpent (the mightiest of lords) for begging knowledge, thus turning into some "Legion of Damned Ones", Pariahs if you will.
I definitely think such a thing would be nice to have in-game. But I think our animator(s) will have a really hard job getting it done. We could always give them 2 legs...
I'll see what I can do on wyrm concepts and I'll be sure to make the ears more like horns...

So okay, we have that cleared up. Now the question is what whe should use as a mount... but personally I don't think they even NEED mounts. You mentioned a rat race and was going base them slightly on the Skaven from Warghammer.
As a warhammer fan, I can tell you that the Skaven Really resemble the Tsaesci in many ways:
1) Individually "weak" (low health) units with large damage and high numbers.
2) Mutated Ogres (Dragons for the Tsaesci)
3) Skilled elite warriors. (think Gutter Runners...)
4) Experimental weapons (Skaven: warpmachines, Tsaesci: alchemical cannons, etc.)

So, that's how they work.
Now, you advised not to make the Tsaesci look like samourai, and we WILL NOT. Because the Tsaesci, like all civilisations in Akavir, were made by us to resemble the civilization in our world that uses the base animal of the Akavir -race as a god/symbol.
Thus we come to this:
Ka Po Tun: Tigers --> India and China.
Tang Mo: Monekys --> Indonesia and Polynesia.
Tsaesci: Serpents --> Aztecs and Mayas.
Kamal: Ice "spirits" --> Tibetan/Mongolian mix
Knifeblossom: strong humans --> Japan

Okay. Next.
I am working on Akavir (maps, quests, lore, etc.) and you are very much welcome to join our team. (but I suggest that you don't focus yourself on lore but also something different such as modeling (which is easy, plus we have some great tutorials) or concept art...)

On the Vampiric/Venomous thing... I really don't know what to say here. I like the Tsaesci better as vampires though... it connects better with the bloodlust of the Aztecs and their need for conquest.
I don't know where you read that men were preyed upon by Tsaesci though. Perhaps you confused it with "eating" men, which in Tsaesci language means "absorbing"... making them a part of their culture, using them as slaves, etc. because the warriors at Pale Pass were humans with their own handwriting, etc.

So again, you're welcome to join the team, just tell me where to put you... (and be sure to check out the resources topic for modelling tutorials.)

'Shiv.
Hey thanks for the reply Shiv,When i buy a scanner(Couple weeks) ill upload some concepts of my new race ideas (Blind canine race- Lives in Ka Po'tun territory,And the Rat Race)Now with the rat race im basing them on Chinese Travellers and Skraven and Goblins is that alright?

But im also going to be making some concept art for Elsweyr because well ive joined there Team for mainly to help in concept art for a southern jungle area and i normally turn up suggesting a new creature or what not ,
well that clears a lot of things up for me. I never relay was 100% sure what the tsaesci theme(buildings, weapons, culture) was so now this helps. Things are shaping up to be quite different from what I thought :goodjob:.

btw welcome Lore_Naga Smile
Okay its time for me to wade in to this discussion Wink
First of all welcome Lore Naga to our most awesome project.
Second of all @Shiver I agree that using wyrm as a standardized mount wouldn't be a good idea. Maybe some sort of boss steed but not for rank and file soldiers. Also i think that the whole mesoamerican/tsaesci is a great idea we are gonna need some minor use of katanas and samurai in the tsaesci culture. Finally about the whole weak individual tsaesci. I always pictured the tsaesci and individually very strong just lacking large standing armies due to caste and rank issues in their culture. This creating some sort elite single fighting force. that can stand its ground even when lacking numerical superiority.
Ok so my mount idea was tossed away -___-
Still i think it would be possible without the leaping animation yeah?
Because building it ive already explained just remove all the gill and frills and flippers of the slaughterfish and stretch it out(Also if shiv could make a new head,Because well shiv heads look awesome),Maybe make a Saddled one and a none saddled one(For the wild),
Well, if we do not use the idea for our mod, you can still develop and release it. If Shiver is interested in helping with the head and things, the two of you could co-author it.
Wowowow *we*'re not tossing away anything yet.

First of all, I don't care a bout autism, seriously. My nephew's autistic, I'm part autistic, so I really don't care bro. Because, of all the things I learned about autism (over-focus, nail biting, life in a bubble, etc... I have that quite a lot, especially while working -.-) is that,
people that accept you the way you are, usually are the best friends you can ever imagine.

And it's good of you, btw, to tell it like this in the open, that requires a lot of guts and I appreciate it a lot!
What type of autism do you have btw? (If you don't mind me asking, It's just that it's good to know for everyone so that we know how to treat you well.)

Secondly, do you know if, when you did the tests and stuff (if you did 'em) they told you your IQ?
Usually, when you are autistic that's because you're gifted too...
And gifted, it's exactly that, a gift!
I'm classified "gifted" and so is my father. (Although I don't like that "label", I prefer "permanently in a state of inspiration".)
Sometimes it's Hell (especially at school, but it gets better over the years... so not like "Hey genius, I though you were so smart but your grenades are worse!", etc.)

Anyway, back on topic:

"I am still determined for Wyrms to be mounts even if I had to make them myself..."

God, I hate that one.
You can be determined as much as you want bro and you can "want" as much as you want, but that doesn't get you anywhere.
I have tried to ressurect this mod with ONE thing, one all-solving problem: a well-oiled Team.

*You* don't decide shit.
*I* don't decide shit.
*Ysne* doesn't decide shit.
WE decide shit.
WE, as a TEAM.

So basically what I'm telling you here is to skip the part where you WANt stuff and go to the part where you LIKE stuff. Tell us what you like, not what you want, because you ain't deciding shit, no single individual decides shit here. Only Ysne and me at the very least, when there's a 50/50 situation and all the advisors have given their opinions are to decide something.
So please, I can live with the "I want..." thing but not "I am determined to... even if I have to do it myself...".

So, if you understand and accept that, I welcome you to the TEAM, not to the GROUP.
(Team = one mind, Group= bunch of individuals.)

And the Kamal have been discussed before, they most likely will NOT be a playable race since they're as uncivilized as goblins, who aren't playable either.
So unless you can come up with a really good, STRUCTURED idea about it, it's still a temporary no-no.

'Shiv
(No Point for a continuing argument,Now is there)

Post Deleted..................
It's good that, if you want something accomplished, you do it yourself and prove your worth. But as I said, WE haven't tossed away your idea. Only a part of it: that the Wyrm is used as everyday cavalry.
I PERSONALLY like the idea of having them as Boss-cavalry/ guardians of the Serpent, but you can go ahead and convince me otherwise.

You don't like being "gifted" in some way? Then tell me, if you exceed in NOTHING (Because that's what being gifted is: exceeding in something more than other people.) how can you be any different in your skills than anyone else? God (or w/e) created man equal, but it's what they do THEMSELVES what made them unique. You never heard of that one story from the Bible, where this master ("Always two there are, one holding power, one desiring it...") lends the same amount of coins to his slaves? One slave uses them on the market and makes profit, the other uses it to buy seeds to plant crops and then other slave buries the money, afraid of losing it ("All who have power are afraid to lose it.."). When the master returns, the first slaves gets to keep his coins and any profit he made, the second too, but the third get nothing and has to give back his money.
So, If you have talents, USE them.
Having a talent or being gifted does not mean you are "above" other people... that's foolish. If you use your gifts, however, you might become better in one or more things than other people, because someone needs to be better in something, no?

Everyone is equal, yes, but not everyone is equipollent!
After all, some are born stronger and some are born smarter. Mice are born weaker than lions...

And I'm not making a mountain out of a mole hill here, I'm trying to give you a different point of view.

And you are very, very welcome to the team, I can't wait to see your work!!

(Keep in mind though, that I'm not in a modeling role here, I'm working as a modeler on another project for Jedi Academy called JKG or Jedi Knight Galaxies... Yes, I'll supply use with models when needed, but mostly buildings and weapons though... my role here is as a coordinator and co-lead.)

Oh yes, I almost forgot...

I don't know if you NOTICED, but I've been on these forums for a long damn time and I'm not STUCK to Akavir... I READ posts... on OTHER PROJECTS... that includes YOURS.

So, now we both know what I'm talking about.:
Take CRITIQUE. That's what a friend of mine always told me. When you hear an Idea, always bring up the negative parts to discuss, there's no point in telling how good this/that is if it doesn't work/fit.
Critics are not "Flamers... don't go saying you get flamed when really, people are trying to help you. That's how a team works. People try to make your ideas better, be that by saying it's okay or by showing you a negative.
If you can't take that, I suggest you LEARN. It's not just something I do, it' stuff other people do.

And yes, Ysne doesn't which is because she's a very nice person who is always concerned about peoples feelings and likes to tell positive things. Like saying that it's beautiful art while it isn't even yours... I wouldn't do that because every 3 year old could have typed Wyrm or Dragon into google or DeviantART or w/e...
I respect that very much in her and that is why she is LEAD and I am CO-LEAD.
I'm only here to help where I can and show people the other side of the coin.

'Shiv
Only thing i say to that is wheres Kodama?
(And i dont believe in god,I believe in what people believe in,That how religion works with me because anythink could be out there,)(shiv you seemed to go off the rails when i said cockatrice for tang mo :lmao: whats so bad about Monkeys Riding Birds?),I have to wonder when i read before posts it seems like everythinks alright and the claims were being built(Have they i ask?) and then it all went down hill? ?(

You know here i said(Can i work on the kamal territories is that ok shiv? But now i think about it all you need to do is with the kamal territories is add a couple of snowey mountains and a few dungeons,And i agree with you shiv i think they shouldnt be a race because ive been thinking of a storyline and places etc.... They dont fit anythink except snowed in lava dungeons maybe someone could make them as a race mod for themselves so they could be like a fist fighting creature but really theres nothink much with them,So tsaesci is more acceptable for me)
Getting my scanner in a couple weeks should be able to post my concepts of the Blind Canine Race(Im not sure yet,I was thinking of a solitary village of blind canine race villagers that is associated with maybe a knifeblossom quest called "going to distances unknown")Im also making concepts for a canine race(Because well i thought a whole blind canine race wouldnt be good so...... Need to make a canine race) With the rat race i cant even think of a concept yet but i will soon,I just dont want to make it to look like a Skraven.

2 other things i would like to say is i think ill ditch my Wyrm Idea but leave you guys to converse about making it or not,And shiv what kind of mods you do for Jedi Academy i used to play certain Mods for it,Including KOFT (Knights Of The Force,Very handy to make levels)

I removed my negative Posts(Off-topic also),
Ok i had one last idea,A hell of a lot easier and it suits better in the lore
Wyrms being actually Sea mounts only,This could be good for a sea calvary for smashing up ships instead of the tsaesci advancing in technology and using a cannon(Well you wouldnt actually see them hitting the boat its just written in accounts[Made Up] maybe if someones wrights a tamreillic journey of some pirates going off drift and being sunk by a tsaesci border control)Ok thats my last attempt for the Wyrm Mount,You would only need to change the appearence of the slaughterfish mount and its done,Easy,Pure and simple?

And im thinking even more now,Ok this could work even better with Shiv's slaughterfish race idea because you could say that the wyrms scared all the slaughterfish into the land(Could be some drunk akaviri pirate saying this and then he says We had a feast for many nights and many days on them biting slaughterfish) but some of them lived and growed into a race on the shores of akavir(Them being very hostile to all races they meet due to this,Maybe it could one of them nice twisted tales you hear in oblivion from a drunk lore teller and then find out somethink like a wizard mutated on them and forced them ashore or maybe he/she disrupted there feeding habits and forced them to closer waters intill they finally went onto the shore,I dunno.
Pages: 1 2 3 4