Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Status ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I shouldn't butt in but yeah, I think right now Vvardenfell would benefit from a stern and effective leader that can make swift decisions in the best interest of the team. Discussions are always good but if there isn't a leader like that that can moderate the discussions and lead it forward to a good decision then it could go on for a long time. I'm "guilty" of that sometimes Tongue sometimes you just gotta kick discussions into gear and make sure they lead forward to a decision. And other times make decisions anyway that you think are the right ones.

Like Seniosh said I'm always on call to make any necessary forum changes if you need them, just send me a list of changes and I'll implement the technical side of them ASAP.

One idea - and I'm just brainstorming here - is to open up for folks to mod their favourite homes from TES3 as a plugin for your mod. I'm sure everyone has that certain home or certain character that they care most about and would love to bring back. Sure you might want to change some things about them or their house but it's gotta be easier to do that based on a finished claim than doing it from scratch, right? There's no reason a dedicated modder couldn't churn out one home a day. Two guys doing Balmora like that and BAM, one month later it's done and could work as a terrific "teaser" for a new BSF post. Just my 2c.
Alright! first post on the re-organized forums.

Well, it's just my opinion, but i think they look really good :goodjob: A job well done Razorwing.

Now it's up to the team to continue their organization. I'd suggest you go for the claims first. It shouldn't be too hard to copy/paste/cut/ the claims from Balmora and put them into their own threads in the nifty new claims board.

Then momentum can really get going.

Have fun you guys! Who knows, if i ever get any free time, i might pick up a claim myself
yeah these forums are well good :goodjob: if it wasn't for the fact im still recovering from tonight at the pub, id give some more input Big Grin

But good job razorwing :yes:
I like it better this way too, it's much more organized than the old structure Smile
Hope it all works out. Love the new layout, discussion (talk) and claims (walk) are distinctly separated and the claims are easy to find (not getting lost in the discussion threads.
I suggest whoever's taken over for claims look over the threads I made back in the day and reset them. A few were actually claimed and definitely abandoned... get a hold of the claims that were finished before you forget about them.

Other than that, let's hope this big reorganization goes a little better than last time. Lot's of people paying respects to this status thread, better if they do the same to the claims board! (I know, I nag Big Grin ) :goodjob:
Thought i'd poke my nose into Vvardenfell Big Grin, and i wanted to know, has there been any progress since the restructure? I've seen the heightmap discussion, and now that that's resolved, it seems like work can get started in earnest.

Just interested in what's going on - it seems like the next logical step would be to start organizing the claims boards in earnest, as it is under the heading of a "Temp Category"
Wow - I had no idea there was a Vvardenfell project on these forums! I have been working on the Morroblivion project with a few other modders, and we have made some decent progress - Talkietoaster, for instance, is about to release an Ai mod that adds routines to about 70% of the towns of Vvardenfell. I am curious, which route did you decide to go down - converting over the Morrowind data then replacing the assets with your own, or generating the entire region yourself?

If its the former, perhaps we could join forces? Smile
If I am not mistaken, I believe it is the latter of the two. I'm pretty sure they are generating the terrain, regions, and textures themselves with the TESIV: Oblivion engine. As far as AI algorithms and behavior patterns go, I would think they'd be coding all those themselves as well but I am not so sure on that. They could very well just take patterns from similar NPCs in Oblivion and apply them to the Morrowind NPCs.
As far as I know the final adjustments are being made to the landmass, its changed from a 2x scale to a 1.5x scale, which means replacing NPCs and generating the land all over again.
Ah, I see. Well, good luck! If the task does prove too daunting, don't hesitate to drop us a pm - I'm sure we could work out a compromise between using morroblivions positioning data and totally original assets -
especially seeing as both our projects seem a little short of members Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12