Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Status ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
GiPSy, check out the **TES4: Vvardenfell Master File and assets** thread in this subforum. It has the latest valid work.

Insofar as I know, there is not an extant master plan for getting the project restarted.
Quote:Originally posted by GiPSy

So is there anywhere where I can see what has been done so far?
(1. the hightmap, ... anything else?)

What are the diferent phases in this project? Are are you guys just doing whatever comes to mind?

:goodjob:

NEVERMIND:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=16976

Not sure what that link you posted is or if it is updated. But this is what I believe to be what Grumbler was speaking of.

LINK
Quote:Originally posted by Zurke

Not sure what that link you posted is or if it is updated. But this is what I believe to be what Grumbler was speaking of.

LINK

Your link is correct. The link to TESNexus is a different mod (one intended to be a more generic approach than this one).

That mod, of course, lacks the same textures and whatnot that this one does, plus some, and so doesn't have much in the way of cities either, but it is at least an ongoing project.
Thanks for the confirmation grumbler. This Mod ain't dead. "anyone saying otherwise needs to" play TES3 again Smile.
Well, I'm facing a delema here.

I prefer the way you guys want to recreate Vvardenfell. The 2x scale (right?), new models, ...

But the other project is at least getting somewere and above all has stucture. They have very specific targets for each release, keep their fans up-to-date and that way atract more help. They Keep It Simple and therefore get something done.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see this mod come togheter. But I'd rather have something average to play, then the promise of something magnificent that will never be.

Thought about sharing your resources? If they get it finished, everybody @ Silgrad Tower will be able to enjoy the mod just as well. Or is this a fame and glory thing? They could realy use the models, their ghostgate for example looks awful at the moment.

How many people are there still here that are seriously willing to comit themselves to this project (again)?

It's just that it feels like nothing gets done on this forum. There are lots of ideas, lots of promises, lots of blabla, but nothing seems to get done. I'm sure this isn't completly tru, but thats how I feel when I'm reading some of the threads on Silgrad Tower forums.

If you don't want this project to be dead, it shouldn't have to be... It just needs some slicing done and decisions made.

Greetz

PS: Yes, this is a lot of blabla'ing from me while I haven't contributed anything to this community whatsoever. But Don't take this post all to negatively, please.
PS: Yes, this is a lot of blabla'ing from me while I haven't contributed anything to this community whatsoever. But Don't take this post all to negatively, please.

If anyone takes it negatively they probably feel quite guilty. In anycase I dont think it's about any glory of who creates the mod. I see it as something being created in the Silgradtower community. It's an obvious disfunctional family but a sort of family any how. I am willing to bet a few that dropped out of this did so because they were just modders like me. They didn't have any great sense on leadership just wanted to mod. Good luck if you decide on the other mod. Your input is as important as anyone elses.
Well, I'm facing a delema here.

I prefer the way you guys want to recreate Vvardenfell. The 2x scale (right?), new models, ...
The scale is now 1.5x, due to the realization of how much effort the 2x scale would have required in terms of populating the wilderness. I have run around in the 2x world and the 1.5x world, and while both seem satisfactorily larger than the 1x world, the differences between them (to my surprise) were pretty much undetectable.

Quote:But the other project is at least getting somewere and above all has stucture. They have very specific targets for each release, keep their fans up-to-date and that way atract more help. They Keep It Simple and therefore get something done.
Yep. I don't like the tone of some of the postings by the group that is doing SoVvM, they are undeniably getting things done (though not much in Vvardenfell - those screenshots could be from anywhere in Cyrodill) and have more potential for completing something than anything here provides.

Quote:Don't get me wrong, I would love to see this mod come togheter. But I'd rather have something average to play, then the promise of something magnificent that will never be.
There is the simple truth that impacts all major mods: no one wants to spend time modeling for a mod that never gets done.

Quote:Thought about sharing your resources? If they get it finished, everybody @ Silgrad Tower will be able to enjoy the mod just as well. Or is this a fame and glory thing? They could realy use the models, their ghostgate for example looks awful at the moment.
I canot speak reliably for the ST folks, but they have always played things close to their vests when it comes to models. I really don't blame them. Modeling is hard work, and no one wants to see their own models used in so many mods that they become "generic" and users start to think that they have "always been there." The same pride that makes a modeler model, as I see it, makes him or her want to be sure the models are used in quality mods. Frankly, the kind of tone I see in SoVvM threads would make me reluctant to want to work with that group.

Quote:How many people are there still here that are seriously willing to comit themselves to this project (again)?

It's just that it feels like nothing gets done on this forum. There are lots of ideas, lots of promises, lots of blabla, but nothing seems to get done. I'm sure this isn't completly tru, but thats how I feel when I'm reading some of the threads on Silgrad Tower forums.

If you don't want this project to be dead, it shouldn't have to be... It just needs some slicing done and decisions made.
I agree completely. The difference between ST and this mod is that ST has had a solid leadership core with the time to make decisions and the time to ensure they are carried out. ST is probably the model mod. Even when leadership has changed, leadership philosophy has not, progress has been steady now for years, and quality has always been the top priority. When I was just doodling around in ST early on, for instance, every comment I made was responded to very professionally.

Quote:PS: Yes, this is a lot of blabla'ing from me while I haven't contributed anything to this community whatsoever. But Don't take this post all to negatively, please.
I have done pretty much zip, myself. I know my limitations. I would love to participate to the extent those limitations allow, however.

I just no longer know where to even begin.
OK

I'm gonna ask a stupid question

Only because I really know nothing about what has been done or whats is going to be done, basing my question on the things I've read here in this forum and haven't read them all nor very carefully

If we are making Vvardenfell for es4 why can we not just port everything over and then make the stuff that needs making
add the quests npc's and other junk we want into it as well

It really doesn't seem to difficult to do this except I don't know all the in's and out's

Please advise

in simple terms please

Enjoy
Bob
its illegal.
All of the models and whatnot used in Morrowind are licensed for that game only. Obviously, quests and characters and whatnot are not.

We cannot directly port anything. Any models, textures, etc have to be either TES4 or new and original. That is simply the way copyright law works. that is why Bethsoft didn't like the French port mod.

I would agree that it is pretty simple from a management standpoint to simply say "let's recreated Morrowind in the Oblivion engine, only better." That is why I advocate it as the first step. There would probably be a competition between modelers to do Ghostgate under those circumstances.

So long as we are doing something unique (which the 1.5x ground scale and all-new models would make it) no one could complain, as far as I can see. It would just be another Oblivion mod, though one that could kick some serious ass and get some serious attention.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12