Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Dumac [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
For the replacing, if we did end up doing it, I think we'd use SACarrow's method instead of a CS Search and Replace. It would be much easier and simpler, and it would probably not require a high-end computer.
That's why I discussed this with SACarrow, many thanks for his fix. Smile

You have to test it in the CS, using the S&R on a few objects to see if the replacement object looks okay (no floating). Sometimes the replacement floats way above the ground (related to the mesh).

Just send or post the esp with the correct presets and a list of the objects you want to replace plus the correct area(s).
For the AV textures, i think the only limit on where the DumacRockyDirt texture will generate is the slope. I might play around with the height, and keep it away from the water that way. Also, the size of the blob of texture is a bit large. I might up the clustering factor to increase the noise so that more of the grass shows through.

I'll also try replacing the texture. Either way, it should end up looking reasonably good. Also, the borders will definitely need to be hand-tweaked, or else the textures look awful, because you can see clearly defined blocks where one region ends and another begins. The Steadhelm border is also going to need a lot of work, just because it goes from pine forest to both BC and open meadows.

Either way, i'll fiddle with it more tomorrow
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
For the AV textures, I think the only limit on where the DumacRockyDirt texture will generate is the slope.
The dirt texture should start appearing at heights greater than 5000 units, and when the slope is reasonably mild.
Seniosh, do you have any screenies I can have a look at, Im interested in how the land is looking.
I'm currently re-doing the textures to better suit the topography of the Dumac region where they'll be generating. Previously, the StIdAVStoneGround had been dominating completely, which didn't look nice.

I think the fastest thing to do would be for me to make a separate ESP for each region. That way, the BC, which looks fine, isn't held up by AV, which needs work.
Ok, need any help?
Alright guys, here's screens of the new and improved Ashunor Valley Dumac region. The textures are much less homogeneous on the hills, and the dirt is away from the water (except for one ridge, which was high enough to generate it).

Let me know what you think
Its coming along nicely there, I cant wait to start filling the area with new dungeons and things to keep the player occupied.
Looks good. :goodjob: Can't wait to see the region generated. Big Grin
If you like it, i could very easily upload an ESP. Should i generate the regions myself? Or just upload presets with the region areas mapped out, and then have Sandor or yourself generate it after merging?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11