Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Dumac [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Ahh, i'll have to keep that in mind. I was using the "smooth vertices" tool around some of the borders, so i'll have to check to make sure nothing was changed.

How thoroughly is it cleaned? I would assume you just delete any references which appear outside of Dumac's region, but that could be a bit labor intensive. Also, if i clean the file myself, is there a way to fix landscape gaps? I don't want to cause too much trouble for you and Sandor if I can avoid it, and I obviously don't want there to be landscape gaps.

Also, i'm going to be away from my CS this weekend, so i can't give you any updates till monday.
When you have a gap between your region and an outside region, you should delete the cells outside your region and the one inside your region. That way the gap only shows up safely on your side and it can easily be fixed by using the smooth tool over it ( as opposed to having it right on the border where it would be rather difficult to smooth over again Wink ). If it's multiple cells, you might end up needing to delete a fair bit of the perimeter of your region.

It might be safe in some spots outside the region to have modified the landscape, but you'll need to check with the region steward, or if there is none, me. It would be best, however, to just have a clean ESP.
sounds reasonably do-able. I should have both a landscape-changing esp and a final preset sometime next week. I still want to add some more medium-sized rocks, as well as some dead trees, as well as a few, scattered dead logs.

Also, what are the BC Vine objects used for? Are they meant to be hanging from trees or some such? It's what i figured at first sight, but unfortunately our trees are not well-suited to such a purpose, so if they've got another use i'd love to hear it.
Alrighty then! (sorry for double-posting, it's a bit of a bump to make sure it gets read). I've got the exterior landscaping done, cleaned, and hopefully seamless (unless i missed something).

The landscaping extends no further than the south border of Dumac (x , -25), There are, i believe, three cells which are past the eastern border (61, y). These are (62, -16) (62, -17) and (62, -18) They are all underwater, so i didn't really see *much* of a reason to go through the work of deleting the reference, finding a seam, re-doing some little bit of landscaping, etc. If it's a problem i'll go back and change it, but somehow i don't think that anybody's going to mind three underwater cells...

Other than that, everything should be perfectly within the bounds of the region of Dumac. the Bitter Coast region of Dumac doesn't have clearly defined coordinates (that i've been given).
There are a few cells on the southern border that are outside of your region area as well: (56, -26) (57, -26) (58, -26). I don't think those should be a problem though, just as long as the future stewards for the BC south and BC Latrys south regions use the latest version of the modding ESM.
Hopefully the next region steward for the southern BC won't mind a few cells with elevation changes of about 30 cm. So close to being clean... but it's no matter.

I've spawned another pre-set. This time, there are more medium-sized rocks, more balanced flora, and less Cypress Knees. I won't bore you with all the little changes, so here it is.

Also, it should look MUCH better when it's generated on flat terrain. Currently the preset is located on a bunch of hills. One thing you could do is load the landscaping esp and the preset, obliterate the region, and re-generate. Then it'll look like the final generation before tweaking.
On flat terrain, StFloraBiCoLuminousRussola04 needs to be sunk more, StFloraBiCoSloughFern02 is sunk a little bit too much, CypressKneeCluster02 could also be sunk less. You might want to increase the radii for the vertex shading around rocks, I can't see it. Confusedhrug: I'm not sure if you knew, but some of the Cypress Knees have white vertex paint enabled.
Slope change got me i guess. I'll have to take a look using the 3.17 ESM to see what it looks like on the proper landscape. I can't tell whether the sinking is just my CS being weird, or values that need to be adjusted.

I know the SloughFern02 probably needs to be raised, it did look a bit low.

The CypressKneeClusters are actually intentionally sunk low, because the ground around them will be lowered when i manually create the swamps. If they were higher, i'd have to lower them anyways, because otherwise they'd be floating.

The vertex shading on the rocks is the values i found on default bethesda rocks and such, but they might have had different radii in comparison to their actual size, so i'll definitely check it out and see if there's a way to make it more prominent. White vertex shading on the Knees is probably one of those annoying cases of when the Region gen refuses to accept some change, and resets to the prior value when you click away from the object data. Hate that...
Alright, everything should be fixed. Flatter terrain changes a lot of things, most importantly the frequency at which child objects generated. I can't see a reason for it, but suddenly there was an abundance of flora, which i've tried to tone down.

Oh, and tell me when you think the file is ready to merge - i'll go ahead and make an ESP with the test cell deleted, and the proper regions drawn out.
I haven't got much to say at the moment. StExComRockBC02 needs to be sunk a bit more, there need to be fewer mushrooms. Overall the region could use more objects per cell (rocks maybe?). If you think the number of objects is fine as it is, it probably will be.

I know it's a bit late in the game, but would you be willing to create your own CS entries for the landscape textures in case we want to change them later on? I don't think it's a good idea to try to reorder everything right now, so how about you keep the main parent texture (the one at the very top) as it is, but generate all textures over top of it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11