Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Dumac [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Well, i'd post except for one thing - i can't really figure out vertex shading. I've set it to a bunch of different %s of the radius, but i can't see a difference ingame. The large rocks currently have a radius set to their size, and a vertex shading % of 120-130% of the radius.

Trees have closer to 200% because they have a very small radius. Yet i can't see that it actually did anything Confusedhrug: is there something i'm missing?

but other than that, i'm done
Did you set the colour for the vertex shading? Click/double-click on the white box next to the other vertex settings and select a greyish colour.
I feel... utterly stupid.

Well, i've got the vertex shading (with actual shading now!), it's all set to levels i took from a vanilla preset, etc etc.

Also, i completely re-did the texture. It's much less of giant organic blobs now, and it's more random splotches.

There should be less trees, but if it still seems like too many, let me know cause i can just increase all the radii by 25% or something
Most of my remarks would be about gaps underneath objects. There appear to be a few SilgradBlackGumBcDead07 that need to be sunk more, StExComRockBC06 could be sunk more, and SilgradBlackGumBc04 looks like it could be sunk less. I would set the maximum slopes in general to lower numbers.

The area you're using is a bit hilly, so it's a bit hard to tell how the region would look on manually adjusted swamp-shaped land. I guess the preset is alright for now, if you're happy with it, though I would suggest testing it on the modified landscape before doing the full generation.
My CS apparently has a talent for not sinking things properly. neither the SilgradBlackGumBcDead07 or SilgradBlackGumBcDead03 were sunk at all.

I looked at the sink value, and it was 80. The CS blatantly ignored what i told it to do (it was probably that high cause i saw that it hadn't been sinking). Same thing with the StExComRockBC06, i've been increasing the sink value until rightfully, the rock should be completely buried.

At this point, i'm starting to think my CS couldn't sink the Titanic X(

I'll see if i can iron out the sink issues somehow. Then i'll backup the esp, modify the landscape, take some screenshots and if i'm happy, submit two esps- one to modify the landscape, and then once that's merged i'll give you the actual preset.
- All of that sound good? That's what it sounded like the process was going to be

[edit] Just to test, i set the value for the BCDead07 and 03 to -80. And would you guess what happened? nothing!
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
All of that sound good? That's what it sounded like the process was going to be
Certainly sounds like it. Wink Don't generate the actual area until after the preset has been merged. Smile

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
[edit] Just to test, I set the value for the BCDead07 and 03 to -80. And would you guess what happened? nothing!
Believe me, I know how frustrating the region editor can be sometimes... Confusedigh: I don't think I've ever experienced that problem before, however.
Ok, i made a separate esp where i modified the landscape, generated it, and then hand-tweaked everything.

I didn't go too in-depth, so there aren't any draggle-tails or ampule pods or anything, but i did figure out that it should be relatively easy to make a lot of swampland in a nice, quick fashion (at least compared to what i've been doing with the generator).

I think the main thing i'm going to need to do is look into changing the weather. It needs to be the bitter coast, not the bright and sunny coast, so some overcast and cloudy weather options should fix the ambient light and sky issues. I might also change the textures around, but nothing major at all.

I haven't done all this talking for nothing! SCREENSHOTS!
Looks nice. :goodjob: The only way I can think of to improve it is adding a few rocks around the ponds. Other than that, if you think you're ready... :check:
I'll add more rocks when i hand-tweak everything. Consequently, the sink problems for trees and such don't actually matter at all, because i have to go back and manually sink everything when i modify the landscape to add pools.

The bit that i have to do now is going to be landscape editing. my real question is which cells i can edit? Can i just edit anything as long as it's within the bounds of Dumac? cause that'd be the simplest thing, and quite necessary to make sure that there are no giant cliffs, etc. I'm going to make a gradual hill which transitions from BC to Steadhelm-type, and i want to expand the area for southern BC by pushing back the mountain a bit.
All cells within the region's boundaries are yours to edit. You do need to be extremely careful, however. If you change a cell just outside the border of your area, it could show up as a gap in the landscape after the file has been cleaned. Avoid the border of the region when you can.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11