Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: [WIP] Synthesis Machine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Its about time I really got stuck into this, it got put way back on the back burner. Anyway my scripting has come along way since way back when.

Anyway I will update the thread with everything new that I can implement into a full working script. I will add anything new that is discussed and agreed upon.

We also need a Model and Texture for it. Actually Concept art would be welcomed too.

=================
Currently Implemented
=================
Item Synthesis
- Bombs

Weapon Synthesis
- None, easy to do

Repairing Worn/Broken Parts
- Done

Rechargin Weapons
- Done

Duplicate
- Only dwemer weapons, 90% done
=================
Future Implementations
=================

Need fo raw items

Not Possible:

*Only Fixind Dwemer Stuff
If you remember in Sotha Sils Clockwork City their is a machine that produces Fabricants

I think that Machine would work well

We did agree that the player can not take this machine with him/her didn't we ?... this would eliminate the weight needs, also if we use it to make or repair centurians they would have to fit inside
the machine

Steam Power, like most Dwemer Machines lots of pipes Smile

I think it should only be used to repair or make Dwemer items

Also as we discussed previously it should have a limit to the number of uses, it would be considered "uber" if it had unlimited ability and usage

Here is what I had been puching around in my head

IF The player, reads the books and looks for the items he/she will be able to take full advantage of the uses for the machine

Make the Grenades, the Talking Weapon (if were still doing that), repair the items copy several other items and lastly repair the centurian which is were we get our compainion from

the point being if the player bypasses any of the other steps they will just miss out on opportunities... not our concern

Once the player has made the grenades, made the talking sword, fixed/copied and or repaired any other things, he/she will be prompted to repair the broken centurian in the corner, if we word it correctly and do it we repair the centurian and something doesn't work, so we are prompted again to try and something else doesn't work, we are prompted to try once more but the centurian goes into a rage and smashes the machine...HOWEVER once the machine is smashed the centurian stops and recognizes the player calling it "Master"

Once the player accepts the Centurian as a companion, the spell to summon this special centurian is given

Does that sound fair ?

Enjoy
Bob
sounds good to me, good luck to who is going to script it al though
Quote:Make the Grenades, the Talking Weapon (if were still doing that), repair the items copy several other items and lastly repair the centurian which is were we get our compainion from

The talking companion will be placed as an easter egg, well thats what we had planned, its some sort of comic relief.

Grenades: I had a modified script, that I got permission from FlyFightFlea ages ago, I lost the mod and my modified script, so I gave up on the grenades, How about trip wires instead?

You mean 2 companions, or I modify the one I am making so instead of the player getting the summon spell when they find the Jnaggo armor(as previously planned), We will have it so the centurian is repaired, goes haywire, then becomes a companion, enlighten me?

Not sure about limited uses at the moment, but setting it up so as the player finds information more options become available, that is possible.

Its not possible so far to repair only dwemer stuff, not found any way of doing this.
Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
Quote:Make the Grenades, the Talking Weapon (if were still doing that), repair the items copy several other items and lastly repair the centurian which is were we get our compainion from

The talking companion will be placed as an easter egg, well thats what we had planned, its some sort of comic relief.

:check:

Grenades: I had a modified script, that I got permission from FlyFightFlea ages ago, I lost the mod and my modified script, so I gave up on the grenades, How about trip wires instead?

Confusedhrug: The idea is fine, but we need something that can blow up so we can use them to blow the walls open to the other hidden areas

You mean 2 companions, or I modify the one I am making so instead of the player getting the summon spell when they find the Jnaggo armor(as previously planned), We will have it so the centurian is repaired, goes haywire, then becomes a companion, enlighten me?

No 1 companion

You were correct in your post here: Dwemer Centurion Companion Development/Discussion

I was confusing everyone again Big Grin including myself

Not sure about limited uses at the moment, but setting it up so as the player finds information more options become available, that is possible.

Its not possible so far to repair only dwemer stuff, not found any way of doing this.

Maybe we will get lucky and the player won't try anything else =)

Enjoy
Diet Bob
Well since we need some sort of explosives, I will forget tripwires, and will try and work out some sort of bomb script, I will finish what I have to do and send them in to Sandor, then I will work someting out.

Glad to get things sorted.
Can't we just use a ES4 version of the Shatchel Script used in ES3 and then apply that to the Bomb Model (if we have one)

A pipe Bomp would work, some of the Dwemer ruin pieces look like pipe bombs anyway, the Tube for one, could work

Enjoy
Bob
What I realised is all I need is a menu to ask to light the fuse, a timer for about 20 - 30 seconds or something then cast the explosion spell. I will u post up the satchel script so I can take a look.

I reckon it should be quite easy to do, well I hope.
I realsied something as well, the script is not on the Satchel its on the rocks

but here it is anyway

Also you spelled Satchel correctly whilst I did not Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob
Yo, Razorwing asked if id like to try and come up with some concept art for this machine >>HERE!<<

Also, on the actual game side. I know it needs to be limited and maybe people are opposed to limited uses. So why not have it require some verye heavy element or something per use. Something your average player will only manage to carry 1-2 of at a time? Something purposely limited in the game so there is a little more than required for the quest so that players have alittle freedom what to do with the last few 'charges'.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7