Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Design Thread - Tsaesci Highlands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
That's an interesting concept, Ysne...
We can use that OR the paddies OR the paddies with high grass.
I think this is the best (reminds me of Geology class, lol)

http://www.josopreis.nl/Syrie/natuur/terrassen.jpg
Quote:Originally posted by Shiver-Tail
http://www.josopreis.nl/Syrie/natuur/terrassen.jpg
If you can achieve that then I'd probably never leave the island! :bananarock:
Well, could it be done within the limitations of the CS? I'm afraid I don't know enough to tell you that.
the easiest way would probably be to model out some terrace rocks. theoretically it could be done in the CS, but it would be time consuming.
I think the people doing the work should choose which one will work best. I was just throwing out a new idea. I love all the concepts. I have faith that we will get this released.
THe rice paddies as shiver-tail suggested was similar to my original idea. I'm trying to think of the best way to do these terraces as i apply some new region editting skills i learnt yesterday (turns out my regions need to be redone). The main issue would be creating the right size terrace for the region, especially by the gorge. i think we could do the long grass. Oblivion grass could simply be editted to be longer and then new textures could be applied.

I hope some of you guys are actually taking steps to expand your modding skills. I posted a link here- Heightmap tutorial and other info. that really does have some good tutorials. Including 1 for region editting that i learnt a great deal from.

EDIT: I managed the rice paddy idea quite well. Its a bit tricky since the mountain is quite tall hence each step is also quite tall and not short like rice paddy terraces. I think there will be these really tall rock faces but with Mr siika's rock meshes, it may be camouflagable. (THis pic aint the real thing. Just a test to prove its doable.)

[Image: akavirterrainidea1.jpg]
Impressive, most impressive

I think i have something that you guys are gonna like...
idk, maybe something like a Tsaesci model... :bananarock:
guess how many polygons it has... i'll tell you: the head has 910,000 polygons :yes:
THAt IS Excellent! but kinda bad at the same time. 910 thousand is just not something we can use... (imagine a war zone!)

Perhaps it's possible to reduce the poly's?
its good to have a tsaesci model.... when can i start working on thaT landscape
uh, when you guys come up with a list of models we're going to use for landscaping. Else you'll have to manually place all the rocks and trees and it aint a small island! If you guys feel like it, start some new land textures or rock textures or something. Learn some new skills!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7