Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Skyrim for oblivion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Hey guys because of exams and stuff i havnt been paying much attention to oblivion in general, i just wanted to know if skyrim for oblivion was done for good or just put on hold for a while?
As far as I know it has been shelved permanently.
Ah man thats a shame :/
Every time a new game comes out, people move on to the next horizon. It is what it is.

I still think Morrowind and Oblivion are two of the best games I have ever played.
Quote:Originally posted by Ysne
Every time a new game comes out, people move on to the next horizon. It is what it is.

I still think Morrowind and Oblivion are two of the best games I have ever played.

No, what brought it down for a colapse in leadership. Psychotic disappeared, then Alasdair was less and less active, and even before that they were making bad decisions (like using a huge scale, which made them cut back to only a sliver of the Eastern part of Skyrim, and even then they didn't manage to complete it).
Here's the archived forum so folks can form their own opinion.
Quote:No, what brought it down for a collapse in leadership. Psychotic disappeared, then Alasdair was less and less active, and even before that they were making bad decisions (like using a huge scale, which made them cut back to only a sliver of the Eastern part of Skyrim, and even then they didn't manage to complete it).
It wasn't really a collapse in leadership, it was more that it just gradually fizzled out. For about 6 months or so before the forum was closed very few people were actually contributing anything substantive to the mod, including myself. I don't really care that much about it failing though because I learned a hell of a lot doing all the stuff I did for Skyrim (for example, I learned how to do 3D modeling and texturing), and I had a lot of FUN doing it as well. That's the reason I got into modding in the first place, and even if we never released anything I still feel that it was totally worth all the time I put into it. I hope other people who put their time and effort into Skyrim feel the same way - As they say: it's not the destination that matters, it's the journey... or something like that anyway. Big Grin

It's frustrating that we can't release what we did as a resource because of all the many hundreds of resource readmes we would blatantly violate by doing so, but a lot of the stuff team members did specifically for the project could be bundled up into little resource packs and released as modder's resources.
That's a shame.It was a great project,and a long one.
But that's the past.

`Senten
Quote:Originally posted by Alasdair

It's frustrating that we can't release what we did as a resource because of all the many hundreds of resource readmes we would blatantly violate by doing so, but a lot of the stuff team members did specifically for the project could be bundled up into little resource packs and released as modder's resources.

If you are up to it, I would recommend doing just that, release what you have the right to release as a modder's resource.

We have all learned a lot. Akavir is much like Skyrim in terms of there being very few people working on it. My talents are with keeping people talking to each other and brain storming. So I am keeping Akavir available for when people have time to work on it. I do hope that something eventually gets released. I am also encouraging people to release their own resources if they wish to do so.

My brain does not work quite right and I am not able to do texturing. There are some things I can do with the construction set, but most of it does not make sense to me. So I just cheer lead for other people and keep the forum as active as possible.
Quote:Originally posted by Alasdair

I don't know of any readme's (and I looked into a majority of them when I was working the master file), that for any reason would prevent us from releasing Skyrim's contents as a resource; and it doesn't have to be called a resource persay. Why not call it an unfinished Beta? It is still completely and wholey the Skyrim project then, and all the previous permissions we had still apply. We can grant players the right to use the things we the team specifically created in the readme.

I think it is a shame that we haven't released our unfinished content yet, I don't believe that its fair to all the people that contributed time and effort that the fruits of their labors languish on a few people's hard drives.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11