Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: PLRS0101 "Soulrest" (Completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
i extracted that file so I could use it in the cs, and probably put it in a directory that isn't on most peoples computers if yous ee what I mean? so its pointing to a file thats not there, rather than the origincal filepath for maniacitygate.

Also, I think I'd like to make something of the Kothringi having a connection with the wind (being sailors an all). I was thinking of putting an organ of some sort in on of the mansions. Maybe a network of windtunnels beneath the city of something crazy like that.

x

edd
...sounds unusual...something like a giant bellows to manage the docking of some ships and to prevent the docking of others...?
Maybe they power some huge locks (canal-style) which block each docking bay or something.
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
[...]
WARNING - DO NOT REPLACE THE SOULREST FILES WITH THESE ONES JUST YET. I WILL ISSUE AN UPDATE ON THE ESM AND ARCHIVE THREADS ONCE THIS IS CHECKED OUT. The reason for this is that I'm not sure whether the ones you've got here are the ones that Koniption has dealt with in her audit so they may be old files.

Ibsen, I have not reached the Soulrest folder yet in the Architecture area of the meshes folder(s). So those files are still untouched.

Koniption

PS - thanks for the updates, Mopping, etc, llamaranger. It's appreciated.
Ach, I'll have to take another look then...

In the meantime, I started work on the exterior entrances to the city. The big one over the moat is still to come but here is the sloped Southern entrance near the Guar farm and the sneaky route across the bridge to Soulrest cove for the Tren families.
@ Konipton: No problem, I noticed the other thread about optimization, do you want me to start using Python to optimize my statics as well?

@ Ibsen: awesome use of the bridges! Thanks so much for starting out on the landscaping. Not only does that relieve some of the workload, but I really don't think my landscaping is up to much, I have trouble visualising what I want then using what I have to make it, if you get what I mean ;P

Re: Windtunnels

Ok so I have this idea, that somehow the Kothringi designed the city to harness weather patterns in certain ways. I haven't wuite figures out what for yet, but that'll come, here's my ideas:

A few houses in the city have access to a network of "windtunnels" underneath Soulrest, they can be created using retexed vanilla assets or our own stuff. The unique aspect of the windtunnels is, unsurprisingly, wind. I'm thinking animated collision boxes that push the player through certain tunnels at certain times. They need to be avoidable to some extent so they don't get irritating if you're trying to move against the current, but if the player gets used to the tunnels, they could be quite useful for getting around quickly. They should possibly also lead to places outside Soulrest?

It would be cool if these tunnels were built maybe to turn a huge windturbine in the depths, what this in turn is powering hasn't revealed itself to me yet :p

I'm gonna make some brass pipes for use around Soulrest interior and exterior, and some windmills and stuff.

x

edd
Quote:Originally posted by llamaranger
@ Konipton: No problem, I noticed the other thread about optimization, do you want me to start using Python to optimize my statics as well?
[...]
x

edd

Yeah, it can't hurt to start doing that. If not for my sake, then do it for any future mod players that play mods using your statics. I'll probably end up PYFFI'ing stuff anyway, even if it's already been done on said model, because I can't tell which models have already had the process done on them. But PYFFI'ing more than once doesn't break already PYFFI'ed nifs, so everything will be ok, in that respect.

I like the wind tunnels idea! You can have, like, fan blades going, that the player has to avoid being pushed into when the wind is blowing, so they aren't chopped up/killed. Maybe special boots of a heavy metal keep the player from being blown away, if they can find them. Lots of potential with your idea.

Koniption
There are mods out there that have actual 'windmills' already created and there also those dwarven ruin mods that may have some semi-mechnical items from which to draw inspiration...although you probably want to do your own thing in terms of the design.

However, the 'windtunnel' effect was used by my old mate, Deathless Aphrodite, in 'Cybiades: Part 2'. You'll come across it in part 2 of this mod: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11755 towards the start of the dungeon. It basically just pushes you backwards like a leaf, if I remember rightly...
And here is the northern entrance to the city. I'd hope to use some of the arches on this bridge, especially.
I like those Smile Archs can be very useful here..

Btw, I have noticed that there are two mad Guars in the stables that try to kill me Confusedob:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9