Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: PLRS0101 "Soulrest" (Completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quote:Originally posted by DoZeNt
I like those Smile Archs can be very useful here..

Btw, I have noticed that there are two mad Guars in the stables that try to kill me Confusedob:

Big Grin I hadn't noticed. They must be particularly aggressive specimens. I guess it'll be their aggression ratings or something.
I think they are just female :lmao:
There ya go! Even Guars get PMT! :lmao:
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
There ya go! Even Guars get PMT! :lmao:

It's "PMS", Ibsen...PMS. :lmao:

Koniption
Isn't that just a case of 'stress' vs. 'tension'? Come on now, let's get our details about gender-specific ailments sorted out, puh-leaase! Aw, heck. Now look what you made me do to our nice, orderly Soulrest thread....boo! X(
I need a quick response here as I'm making progress with cluttering Soulrest. I already added new stonewalls and retextured Dementia shelters and bridges but I looked at Darkness Eternal's models and just couldn't see Soulrest without them. The main attraction is still LR's magnificent Kothringi stuff but the big problem is: should I stick with the vanilla 'lower class' buildings that llamaranger added to Soulrest or should I switch them with the some of the 'Desert Architecture' models supplied by Darkness Eternal?

In practical terms, this means that the interiors of these buildings will take more time as there will be no vanilla template on which to base the interior design. However, I did feel that the darker textures of LR's other selections clashed with his Kothringi set and, although the LC buildings offer a more 'slum-like' quality, they're nonetheless less atmospheric. Here are the original models from Darkness Eternal: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11589 .

In the pics, you should be able to see how I've retextured things and shown both a selection of the desert models and the LC models. Ignore the blue patches (they're graphics card errors). What do you think?
I would definitely go with the Desert Architecture.

The fact that you can't copy the interiors is only a minor issue, because it's easy to clutter interiors, but getting the right image and models is the most important thing IMO. Once you have all the necessary tools, making the mod is easy, and I think that in this instance, the desert architecture fits perfectly.
Cheers, JK. Here are the results of a weekend's worth of modding. The lower class area is now pretty much complete. I cluttered all areas. There may be a few more additions along the way but this is more or less complete. The markets have not been fully cluttered with the produce that they're selling but this can probably be a part of some of the claims. There are also a few minor errors such as grass shooting up along the path of the Kothringi area. This is a pity as it's a favourite area of mine and ends with a sunflower garden.

Most of the devious activity will probably take place on the walkways. Notice the last two shots which are taken from the balcony area which is only accessible to the upper classes. I took the ninth one by doing away with collision but I'm hoping I can make it so that you can just about see over the walls at that gorgeous landscape.
Looks sweeeet! :goodjob:

I'm seriously looking forward to seeing it firsthand now! =)
Whoa! Those Soulrest models of llamarangers look really nice in those shots! The desert architecture is a nice change of pace.

Koniption
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9