Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: EGRS0102 - "Kungumabog" (Completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Right, I'm up for restarting this. Please let me know what updates I need to use and if the position of the settlement has been revised at all.
You should be okay using v2.19 of the assets (check the updates and notices) and v2.20 of the BM esm but I think sandor is in the middle of generating Darkmoor so it might be wise to wait for the next esm, especially as Kangumabog lies very close to the Darkmoor border.

Talking of which, I was considering changing the location slightly. I guess it depends on whether your plans includes having the settlement water-based or more land-based. The current location in the CS is -5,-7 (see the attached pic). However, I'd considered moving that collection of yellow cells further south by one cell. This would mean that use of the giant swamp trees could give the construction a bit more character.

Finally, Lore_Naga posted up a concept of Kangumabog which may interest you (see the inspiration pics - Lore's Naga's is the third one). It involves tree houses, which may turn out to be an option if you use an especially large giant swamp tree and the watertop housing. I tried checking out tree house mods and retexturing the Telvanni set ( http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=16560 ) but it didn't look right so I gave up.

If you choose to wait for the next esm, then you should be okay doing the northern edge of the settlement if you wanted to get started straight away. Should I mark this thread as 'claimed'?
Just FYI, Deeza:

The water top housing of mine that I made to go with the wooden stilts - I only made one house type and it's a three story house. So if you have a need to have "smaller" houses, you can probably block access to the upper levels of those particular houses with a permanently locked door.

Later on, when I have more time, I can seperate out the parts of that house's nif, so that the different ramp's levels are removeable within from the nif, so the player doesn't end up going up the ramp to a permanently locked door. I also plan to make a fake "ceiling piece", that can go right below the real ceiling of the uppermost level you want the player to reach (to hide the holes in the real floor where the ramp goes through them). he future nifs will only require copying over the old nifs. I will make it so no further adjustments are needed, except the placement of the fake ceiling in appropriate huts.

Therefore, in the CS, make three different static watertop house entries, that all point to a differently named version of the watertop hut nif (names that refer to their levels that are accessible). Because eventually, there will be three different nif's when I make these changes for the ramps to be removeable.

For a 1st level only house - make one CS entry

For a two-level house - make another separate CS entry

For three-level house - make the last CS entry

Lastly, be sure to use only a two-level watertop house CS entry to make your two-leveled house interior, and so forth.

I hope you catch this post in time.

Koniption
Thanks both of you! I agree with Ibsen, we should move it a bit further south into Darkmoor. Those concepts are really nice, I'll definitely take it into account when I start work.
Just FYI, sandor seems to have been busy working on getting out the fixed version of ST teaser mod lately. I'm hoping he's got time after that to get Darkmoor sorted. I'm itching to have that 'all beta regions generated' status.
FYI, if you download the new esm here: Latest esm and esp updates then Kangumabog is now go!

I haven't checked it myself at the time of writing but you'll need to do some landscaping to get this looking right around the environs of the settlement. As it's on the border, this will be a case of merging the Everglades and Darkmoor assets in a way that looks natural. I'll probably end up doing the bulk of the landscaping but it will help me a lot if you can do a fair bit here but please do it on a cell-by-cell basis before you start so that I know which cells have been sorted.

I have attached two files. One includes the Darkmoor and Everglades preset notes that will help to guide you with any landscaping. Pay particular attention to the sections at the bottom entitled 'Missing Items and Extra Ideas' as this is what you will need to do besides the usual texture and clipping-object correction.

To keep track of the cells that you cover, I have attached a copy of the powerpoint I use to tick off the cells as I landscape them. If you click on the cells and turn them black as you complete them then you can keep a record of which cells you have landscaped. Oh, and bear in mind that this is an old powerpoint where the yellow cells for the settlement have not be moved south as we agreed.

Edit - Hang about! It turns out that the esm in the link above is not the one with the Darkmoor asset replacement completed which means that Darkmoor isn't fully generated after all. I'm awaiting news from sandor.
OK, I will wait. I am confused by the map you sent me, though. Darkmoor cells are already black. Does this mean they are already done?
Oh, no. Sorry, that IS confusing. It's just that Darkmoor's generic colour was black from the start....doh! You can change them to white as you go. As long as they're markedly different from the others then I'll know which cells have been changed. Btw, you should be okay to go ahead now. But see this post: Latest esm and esp updates .
Hi Deeza,

KP sent you the new watertop hut models. If you're okay setting these up in Nifskope (check the textures are pointing to the right place) and the CS (make sure they're in the same folder as the other watertop hut stuff) then you can introduce them to the CS yourself. Just remember that if you do modify the files to send them along to me inside the correct folder filepath in the same way I set up the archives so that I can put them in the BM Patch file when we merge your work on this claim.
OK, I can handle that. By the way, we also need two unique items that need to be added to the model request thread (unless a substitute from a resource can be found):

1. A large wooden idol of the famous defender of the village, Eikkai-Ottul. This would be in traditional Argonian style, and could be made to be really interesting if anyone's up for it.

2. The Earthgall. This is a giant floating geode with a door in the side that's anchored just outside the village. It's a location of huge religious significance and could play a role in quests at some stage.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5