Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: EGRS0102 - "Kungumabog" (Completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Glad you like it, guys. It will be in the next esm and archive when I get everything merged so you can use it then... =)
Kangumabog is now complete!

All the interiors are laid out and doors are linked up. All that remains is for the huts to be cluttered. Here is a brief description of each interior that Ibsen can use to make new interior claims:

Prefix: 2BMDZKangumabog

01 - Kangumabog Great Hall

A massive meeting place for the tribe which has many other smaller structures built into it. The bottom floor should have a large hearth that people can gather around.

02 - Hall of the Warchiefs

Here the equipment of the legendary Eikkai-Ottul is kept and carefully maintained. When the current Warchief of the Mabog tribe needs to go into battle, he goes here to pick up the kit. All of it is enchanted and worth a lot. Some of it may be lent to the player after completing very high-level quests.

03 - Pyre of the Ancestor Dendrites

The nearest thing that the Mabog tribe have to a Temple, this is the place where they go to commune with their ancestors when they need advice. As the name suggests there is a large fire kept constantly lit in the centre. It's full of skulls and should have really creepy whispering sound effects.

04 - Blood-Talker's House

This is the home of the Warchief of Kangumabog. As his name suggests, this guy prefers to talk using an axe. He loathes Imperials and outsiders generally, with the sole exception of S'raali the Khajiit. He

05 - Root-Whisperer's House

Root-Whisperer is the female Shaman of Kangumabog. Absolutely ancient, nobody in the tribe now can remember a time when she wasn't the Shaman. It's said that she took several apprentices over the years, and all of them died waiting to succeed her. These days she spends almost all of her time in meditation.

06 - Burns-Stone-Slowly's Forge

Burns-Stone-Slowly is the smith of Kangumabog. She's good friends with S'raali, since the Khajiit once saved her brother Walks-the-World, and as a result she's fairly open to foreigners, and offers her services when she isn't busy repairing the tribe's armour and weapons.

07 - Croak-Speaker's Laboratory

The latest of Root-Whisperer's apprentices, Croak-Speaker has decided not to wait for her to die like his predecessors and has tried to make it on his own as an alchemist. He learnt the basics of alchemy in Soulrest, and now offers potions and restorative draughts to those who can afford them.

08 - S'raali's Trading Post

Although she's a Khajiit, S'raali is an honorary member of the Mabog tribe. Years ago she helped Walks-the-World escape from slavery in Morrowind, and having nowhere else to go, accepted his offer to accompany him home to the Marsh. She offers basic goods and services to any travellers passing through the region.

09 - Walks-the-World's House

This guy is quite unusual for an Argonian. From an early age he liked exploring, and one day he disappeared in search of adventure. He ended up in a slave market in Port Telvannis in Morrowind. However, together with his Khajiiti cellmate, S'raali, he managed to break out and make his way back home. He's quite knowledgeable about the outside world but is understandably bitter about his experiences.

10 - Wrestles-with-Crocodiles' House

This guy is the self-appointed village hard man. He was nearly chosen as Warchief instead of Blood-Talker, and he constantly strives to show the tribe that they made a mistake. Though he wouldn't dare challenge Blood-Talker openly (the guy has a magic suit of armour after all), he'll seize any chance to make life difficult for him.

11 - Faster-than-Hackwings' House

Famous in the village for outrunning a gaggle of vicious Hackwing birds some years ago, Faster-than-Hackwings is looked upon as a coward by his neighbour, Wrestles-with-Crocodiles. However, it's an open question as to which of them is the better hunter, as what he lacks in strength he makes up for in finesse.

12 - First Earthgall Guard's Hut

One of two huts for the heavily armed Argonians who guard the sacred Earthgall stone. The interior should be very spartan to suit the stern lifestyle of the priestly guards.

13 - Second Earthgall Guard's Hut

One of two huts for the heavily armed Argonians who guard the sacred Earthgall stone. The interior should be very spartan to suit the stern lifestyle of the priestly guards.
Nice one, Deeza. I'll check this out, hopefully a little later tonight. Two things:
  1. If you used any new models and/or textures, could you please send them along in a PM or something? I'm assuming you added those interiors that Koniption sent over...? I haven't added these to the archive so I'll need to know what filepath you put them in. Unless you just linked up the doors to a vacant interior as placeholders...?
  2. Could you take a bird's eye view screenshot of the settlement? Any shot that shows all of the buildings (or north and south shots of the settlement or something) would do. If you then use Photoshop or something, it would be useful if you could either name or number the interiors as you've done so here in order to indicate which house is which. It makes things easier for interior modders to find their chosen interior.
    [/list=1]
    Cheers. :goodjob:
1. Attached below. I just dragged them into the Watersidehuts folder in the Architecture folder. However, I didn't use them in the end, so it shouldn't cause any specific problems for Kangumabog.

2. I would do, but I'm still having trouble with my texture paths, and it all comes out as bright purple. If you can get a screenshot, I'll be able to label it for you. However, due to the structure of the settlement it might be a little difficult to get a straight shot. You'll see what I mean when you take a look at it.
Looking really sweet! Very imaginative use of the assets. There's basically a lower level and a grand interior that I can take a screenshot of. You should know that I added bridges to the lower level buildings so that you can now walk between them. I also added a ladder that can transport you fully to the top section so now all areas of the settlement are accessible. Oh, and I altered the 'roof' of the great hall. That model on its side just looked a little out of place.

Btw, considering future alterations, I may switch the trapdoors for BMIGInvisibleDoors seeing as LR's models already came with doors fixed to the mesh. The trapdoors on the buildings look a little odd. I think I may also add some palisade fencing around the land entrances to the 'wall arrangement' so that access is only granted via water.

Cool stuff! :goodjob:
Thanks for putting in all the bridges. I had honestly meant to do that but got distracted connecting up the doors and completely forgot! Big Grin

The other changes sound fine as well. I didn't realise we had invisible doors. I think the trapdoor for getting into the underside of the great hall is ok though?
Yes, that should be fine. I'd like to get screenshots up so others can see how inventive you've been but I'm busy on Go-Ja Morgoa right now....and modding is the important thing... =)
The magnificent complex fort of Kangumabog remains unseen on these forums since, on my run-through of the Everglades, I got a stoopid blackout screen whenever I got near it. I had this problem with Hixinoag as well at one time but then the problem seemed to solve itself. Anyway, here's the only shot I could get...which really is a teaser!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5