Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: EGRS0102 - "Kungumabog" (Completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Okay, I'll add the first one to that thread.

However, we already have a geode in the archive that I was planning to use for the dungeons. You'll find it under Static-blackmarsh-clutters-DUN called BMGeode01 and it looks like this...it's basically a semi-hollowed-out stone with crystals inside.

...will this do? We could probably add an SI effect to it and have it floating.
That would be great. My original idea was to have it big enough for the player to go inside, but that would be too hard to do with this model. So scratch that idea...

Perhaps instead, there could be two halves of the floating geode, which split apart and open when a ritual is performed? I can see that working.
Certainly. If you send a PM to Koniption, I'm sure that wouldn't be beyond her capabilities. It should be possible to combine two identical models and fuse them together before getting one side to swing open like a door according to a particular condition. That might set off a special effect that could act as a portal, if that's the intention...?
That was the plan. It's one of the Five Stations that the Priest-Kings have to make a pilgrimage to in order to gain the approval of the Hist for their coronation.

I was thinking it might provide a gateway to the Hist Dimension, where the Priest-Kings had to perform a task to be blessed by the Hist.

Hopefully it will eventually form part of the main quest.
Hmm, I'm not very good with particle effects, nor can I export them. I think you'd want particle effects for the "portal", too.

But I have an idea that should look pretty realistic, without particle effects:

The two halves of the geode are fused together, floating somewhere. When a certain action is accomplished or taken, the two halves facing each other, one on left and one on the right, open away from each other and float apart, while still facing each other. While they're floating apart, lightning-like flashes happen between the two halves, that reach from half to the other half, until they're finally fully apart. Then a portal appears directly in between the halves, with rotating lightning texture, maybe with some lightning flashes happening here and there that connect the portal to the halves.

Is this acceptable?

Koniption
Acceptable? ?(

That sounds fantastic! Cool
Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Acceptable? ?(

That sounds fantastic! Cool

FYI Deeza,

I've already started work on the animated geode portal. It's in the beginning stages, but I have started working on it.

Cross your fingers and hope it comes out the way I want it to.

KP
Great stuff. Big Grin

I was actually thinking I could have borrowed a special effect from SI for the particle effects...
Your Geode portal is ready, Deeza and it's looking amazing! Stunning work from KP... :bananarock:

An environmental effect accompanies the Geode and its surroundings. The geode levitates, bouncing up and down and, when touched, opens to reveal a portal. The only problem is that I've lost sound on my version of OB so I don't get the full effects.

I believe KP already sent you the files but you may be best off waiting until the next archive update. Let me know if you'd prefer to enter it in the CS yourself. Until we get a location to teleport to then there may not be a need to put it in there just yet. In the meantime, it might be best to use a normal couple of half-geodes placed together to bookmark their location. When triggered by a quest condition, these can be replaced with this glowing, animated version and you can make the leap into wherever it is you're going (the Hist Dimension?).

Let me know if anything else about Kangumabog isn't working. Maybe we can help you out.
Wow, that looks magnificent! Great work KP!

I think there's no need to for me to place it right now - I'll start work on the rest of Kangumabog and it can be added in later, as you said.

As for the rest of the village, did anyone come up with an idea for that statue? That can be added later too of course, just wondered if anyone had any ideas.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5