Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Clutter Advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I will update this thread with any particular ideas on what clutter to use for interiors. These are just suggestions, however. Feel free to use your judgement on what to include...and that means that you can use the vanilla stuff as well, if appropriate.

FURNITURE - found under WorldObjects-Furniture-blackmarsh plus some under WorldObjects-Static-blackmarsh-clutters

Not appropriate for all places but Argonian dwellings should use the rootbeds and Bamboo beds (which can also be found in some, mainly coastal, interiors). Only shaman use the skeleton chairs. Upper classes can use the normal UCBed but not the governor one, which is reserved for the Castles. I'm hoping that the hammocks can be made available soon. The bamboo tables can be found under the static menu.

GENERAL CLUTTER - RUGS & TAPESTRIES - found under WorldObjects-Static-blackmarsh-clutters

The rugs are marked LC (lower class), MC (middle class) and UC (upper class). Please try to keep it roughly to this rule.

I'd meant to assign tapestries to particular cities in order to create a sense of uniformity in the interiors. The following list should be used as a general rule of thumb as to which tapestries you use for which areas:

Stormhold - 01, 07, 13
Soulrest - 02, 03 (UpperClass), 14
Lower Class - 04
Gideon - 05, 15 (UpperClass), 07 ,09 ,12 (MiddleClass)
Upper Class - 06, 08, 11
General - 10, 16

GENERAL CLUTTER - PAINTINGS - found under WorldObjects-Static-blackmarsh-clutters

Most of the religious-themed paintings should be used in Stormhold as they depict the notable persons of the Stormhold Mission. The paintings labelled with a V are Argonian paintings depicting Bhuru magic and should be used in Argonian dwellings. The BMCanvas varieties can also be used.

GENERAL CLUTTER - OTHER KNICK-KNACKS - found under WorldObjects-Static-blackmarsh-clutters

Various other bits and pieces are found here although of it is used to clutter dungeons, besides interiors. Some items such as the hanging herbs are collisioned and they're a little temperamental. You will need to activate the collision on them whilst modding so that you can get them to 'sit' correctly and avoid errors. The trick with the hanging herbs in particular is to make sure the topmost part is not connected to anything but is as close as possible to the roof to look as though it is in-game.

LIGHTS - found under WorldObjects-Light-blackmarsh

Only the oilplants are available. If using them indoors, put a mini-garden mesh beneath them unless they're inside mud huts where the floor can allow the oilplant to draw up oil from the soil.

STORAGE - found under WorldObjects-Activator-blackmarsh but mostly WorldObjects-Container-blackmarsh

Barrels, crates, turtleshell and bamboo chests can be found here.

BOOKS - found under Items-Book-blackmarsh

Most of these can be used but take care not to use quest-related books such as 'Mystery of the Hist' and perhaps the 'River-sunk Child'. Guides to cities within the cities themselves are an easy choice.

CUTLERY - found under Items-MiscItem-blackmarsh

All native cutlery can be found here. The resinware is often used in Argonian dwellings, whilst the peach, hibiscus and saffron varieties can be found in middle-upper class homes.

ARMOUR - found under Items-Armor

Not often found lying around but some Fighters may have them. Please make sure that the armour sets are appropriate, especially if the NPC belongs to a Faction: List of Factions .

WEAPONRY - found under Items-Weapon-blackmarsh

Be VERY careful here! Only the standard weaponry should be left lying around. This includes some of the Kazhan stuff and the Kriss daggers but can also include selected others.

CLOTHING - found under Items-Clothing

Follow the same rule as above. Clothing is often found in private rooms.

FOOD - found under Items-Ingredient

Foodstuffs from the BM regions can be found here. You can include any of our own ingredients but please try to make the selections of food fit with the region in which the interior is found in order to get the most convincing results...and avoid having too much stock from Cyrodiil!

Hibiscus, vanilla beans and passionfruit are universal as they're town plants but here's the selections: DARKMOOR - Blueberry, Lumberry, Nirnworm, Plantago, Sugar Cane & Sloth's Foot (ingredient not available at time of writing). JUNGLES - Coconut, Dragon Arum, Flora Fly, Green Ti, Maggot, Saffron & Stardust. PARCHLANDS - Coral Brain, Desert Rose Sap, Hala Fruit, Peach, Pineapple, Sea Urchin Roe & SeedPodTrap (not an ingredient but a trap). BLACKWOOD - Dragon Arum, Hala Fruit, Monstera Fruit, Sugar Cane & Sylvan Mushroom. EVERGLADES - Flora Fly, Sylvan Mushroom & Grume Goblet (ingredient not available at time of writing). ROOTWORMS - Suppurating polyp, virulent polyp & wet gristle. You can use rootsteaks as well but Argonians are unlikely to eat their beloved pets.

DRINKS & POTIONS - found under Magic-Potion-blackmarsh

Besides the BM wine, 'Mull of the Marsh' and other BM wine varieties, you'll find a large selection of potions here. Properties have not been defined for many of these until work on the diseases is complete. You should avoid heavy-sounding stuff like root gall potions and the rootworm potions as these can only be found through questing or a shaman. If in doubt, keep it simple.

IMPORTANT TIPS

This post tells you a few tips on how to mod more easily without having to position each and every item: Clutter Advice .

AND FINALLY.....some objects may not have been introduced to the CS yet. If you wish to assist me with my admin, then please let me know which items exist in the archive folders but are missing from the CS.
Thank you for this resource Isben. Very useful for knowing what goes where.

If I could make a suggestion, you should probably list the regions the different foods are found in. That would be easier for people who aren't familiar with the regional specialties.
Yes, that's a good point. I'm just sorting some other stuff out right now but please give me a nudge if I haven't already sorted this out in a couple of days time.
Take as long as you need. I'm pretty sure everyone is willing to wait a few days to know where each food is native to.
I updated the OP as requested. :check:
I updated the OP with details on the new hanging herbs. Other items that are clutter-collisioned include the hanging baskets that I've been adding to the Soulrest interiors but there are also non-collisioned clutter such as the BMHookropes which are the items we are using to hang up the BMCarcass models. Items such as these (as well as the hanging fish) are ideal for the more 'ethnic' Argonian home. :check:
yer thanks alot IG it really helped me, i haven't used the CS in awhile so i was looking for wine and stuff for this drunk guy and now I'm all set for him to be pissed.
Also, is it possible to copy items in the render window or do i have to go back and drag it in again again? just a question, not really important til Wednesday though as we are coming back then,
Quote:Originally posted by Nero
yer thanks a lot IG it really helped me, I haven't used the CS in awhile so I was looking for wine and stuff for this drunk guy and now I'm all set for him to be pissed.
Also, is it possible to copy items in the render window or do I have to go back and drag it in again again? just a question, not really important til Wednesday though as we are coming back then,

Hi Nero,

You can use "CTRL + D" to duplicate one or more selected items in the render screen. Just drag a box around one or more items, then press "CTRL + D", then drag the duplicates somewhere else.

If you need more info on shortcut keys to use with the render window, go to the CS's "Edit" tab, located at top of the CS screen, to the left. The shortcut keys are listed to the far right of the drop-down window that opens up when you click on the "Edit" tab. The description of what the shortcut keys do, is listed to far left, in same drop-down window.

You can always look up such things on the Oblivion modding Wiki:

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind.../Main_Page

(The wiki has a "search" function for using keywords, to look up topics you need help with.)

Koniption
cheers Konipton!

really helped.
Yes, Ctrl-D is an absolute lifesaver! However, it must be remembered that if you duplicate an object that already exists in the cell (which is anything that you haven't added yourself whilst using your current esp) then the CS will give error messages about duplicate objects. Sandor is likely to delete these, thinking that they are errors.

So, just to be clear, you will be perfectly fine using Ctrl-D on objects that you yourself have added. However, if you want to copy over, for example, a table set-up from another cell (which is something I occasionally do myself) then just select all the objects and use Ctrl-C (which means 'copy' rather than 'duplicate'). When you go back to your own cell you can paste them all in together using Ctrl-V.

This kind of modding can occasionally create errors in other cells so make sure that you save regularly and use different versions of your esp e.g. BMChaMel01, BMChaMel02 etc. Altering my esp name is something I do every time I start a new modding session.

Finally, you will know if you have affected a cell that you didn't intend to effect if the asterisk (*) appears at the top of the CS. If you don't know what I mean then just load up your esp and drag something into the render window and the asterisk will appear to signify a change being made. Therefore, if you save every time you go to a new cell then you'll be able to tell if you have inadvertently effected the cell.
Pages: 1 2 3