Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Deepen Meadows: Landscape Claim 1 [Claimed]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
An Update please.

TIA. Smile
I'm sorry for keeping this unfinished for so long, but I am a very slow modder.

It's been sometime since last time I had the time to work on it, and right now I can't work on it either, but mind you I never thought on quitting. Given the choice I would like to keep the claim, but I couldn't say when I would have it done.

So, if it comes to you wanting to see this completed anytime soon, I can send you what I have done for you to finish..
Quote:Originally posted by Anastassia

It's been sometime since last time I had the time to work on it, and right now I can't work on it either, but mind you I never thought on quitting. Given the choice I would like to keep the claim, but I couldn't say when I would have it done.
Thanks for your reply. Smile

Take all the time you need. :check:

Could you attach the current esp?
I'll merge the file and when you decide to continue download the latest version of the esm from the Source.
I cannot right now, sorry, as my computer and myself are on different cities. Sad

But I will be visiting hometown for christmas next month, and I will do as you asked then, and hopefully make some significant advance on the claim.
Great and thanks! Big Grin
I have a problem with those trees I retextured for this claim, apparently fog doesn't seem to have any effect on them, it looks real bad from afar, all landscape blurry behind the fog save for those trees looking clear and dark.

http://img202.imageshack.us/i/screenshot705f.jpg/

Is there a way I can fix these, or should I just reset their texture to the previous one?
I have a problem with those trees I retextured for this claim, apparently fog doesn't seem to have any effect on them, it looks real bad from afar, all landscape blurry behind the fog save for those trees looking clear and dark.

http://img202.imageshack.us/i/screenshot705f.jpg/

Is there a way I can fix these, or should I just reset their texture to the previous one?

Hi Anastassia,

I had same problem once with one of my huge tree models I made. I found out that my personal issue was caused by lack of a normal map for the tree's color texture. You need a normal map for the color texture(s) used by the tree's regular nif, and also for any "_far" nifs the tree model may have. The normal map makes the texture behave right when fog sets in.

Also, make sure any normal maps are exactly the same name as the color texture, plus "_n.dds" at the end of the normal map's name.

So if your regular color texture is named : deadwood.dds
Your normal map should be named : deadwood_n.dds

Koniption
Hello Koniption, uhm, yes, the textures for the tree meshes all have their _n files in place, which are the ones from the original mesh, I just edited the texture file and left the _n files unchanged save for their name. Still, I'll check if I changed some of the textures properties back then, like size or anything that may cause the _n file to stop working, it's been so long since I made those retextures I really don't remember what I did.

And thank you very much for replying, here and over there... =)
Hello Koniption, uhm, yes, the textures for the tree meshes all have their _n files in place, which are the ones from the original mesh, I just edited the texture file and left the _n files unchanged save for their name. Still, I'll check if I changed some of the textures properties back then, like size or anything that may cause the _n file to stop working, it's been so long since I made those retextures I really don't remember what I did.

Eh, it's no biggie. Big Grin

I will volunteer to look at the tree mesh and the textures in question. You can send them to me via PM. You can use Filefront website to upload them for me, if they are too big for the PM attachment system.

It might also be a setting in the nif, that is causing the issue, tbh. So I will need to poke around to see if I can find anything weird.

Koniption
Quote:Originally posted by Koniption

Eh, it's no biggie. Big Grin

I will volunteer to look at the tree mesh and the textures in question. You can send them to me via PM. You can use Filefront website to upload them for me, if they are too big for the PM attachment system.

It might also be a setting in the nif, that is causing the issue, tbh. So I will need to poke around to see if I can find anything weird.

Koniption

I sent you a PM with the files. Thank you =)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9