Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Deepen Meadows: Landscape Claim 1 [Claimed]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quote:Originally posted by Anastassia
So it's ok then? since all aspects are very controlled here I was positive I was not going to be allowed to change the weather. Nice, then is it all right if I make a custom sky?
Sure as long it doesn't affect other areas. Smile

As I said it looks great.

I always support new ideas and improvements.
I have another problem...

I'm having some ghost trees.

If you look at this you can see a line of trees beneath the crops. And that is the problem, there is no line of trees beneath the crops as is seen in here.

It looks very weird when you approach that place and suddenly all the trees disappear.

How can I fix this?
I wonder if this is related to the problems we're having in Silgrad City and Soluthis. In those cities, many of the buildings just disappear when you're in their worldspace. Sandor found a way to fix this, I think. I'm just not sure what he did.
I think it must be some sort of LOD file mismatch, since they only become visible when at a certain far distance. But I really know nothing about LODs so I'm hoping someone around here has dealt with this before.
Hi

It just sounds like the line of trees must have been present when the LOD for the region was generated, and they have since been removed. If you haven't regenerated the LOD for your region then the game engine will continue to put the distant objects in for the trees until you get close enough.

Sandor will have his own preferred way of updating the LOD - probably TES4LodGen, but he may prefer the CS built-in one.

I've got to do a new update for the LOD in Elsweyr in a few days so I'll be getting my head back into this then and I can probably give you a few hints on updating your local copy of the LOD yourself - but you'll have to rememberto remove it to take Sandor's next updates.

If it's not really affecting you too badly, though, then I wouldn't worry about it if I were you: it should all sort itself out when Sandor merges your changes and updates the LOD.
Ahhh... so that's how it works.

Thank you morcroft, I thought this was more of a problem than what it is...
I agree it is most likely the LOD. I would not worry about it. Smile
It's related to the Distant LOD.

If you find it annoying while playtesting just disable the DistantLOD folder by renaming it to e.g. PDistantLOD.
I would like to merge the current version of your esp.

TIA. Smile
Ok, I'll send it to you soon, first I have to clean up some remains of some hitherto failed weather experiments I made.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9