Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: DMRD0102 "Tangleweave Caverns" (Completd)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Cheers Doz! :goodjob:

I should have time to take a decent look at this tomorrow evening with any luck. By 'first interior', do you mean that this is the first level, the first draft or the first completed dungeon claim?

Btw, it's 'Tangleweave', not 'Tangleweed'...although I do rather like 'Tangleweed'...it just doesn't get across the 'spider's web' idea I was going for.

Anyway, it's great to have this in....
Its the first level. Yeah, I know its tangleweave, but I was simply thinking of weed and beer when I was first working on this claim.
Big Grin
I haven't forgotten about this....just very busy.
Okay, I reviewed this. First up, it's a really nice little bit of modding...dark and moody. What you did with the dragon skeleton and the glowing fungus lights is inspired! :goodjob:

Good use of the cobwebs, a bit heavy on the enemies as there appears to be loads of them and all compressed together. Nevertheless, that represents a nice challenge.

The more significant issues are as follows:

There's a corrupted cell: ArrowshaftCavern03 from the Tamriel WS. It has the following name for the interior: Ïåùå à 'Ä åâêî ñò åëû' - ïîäçåìåëüÿ. The same thing happens for Yellow Tick Cave. I think this may be due to you using a Russian language version of the CS, perhaps? Anyway, always check to see if an asterisk appears if you are browsing anything from another cell. I'm always tuned into this when I'm modding because I know it has the potential to cause serious errors. Make sure you save before going to another cell that you have no intention of changing and, if you inadvertantly move something, don't save again, just restart. It saves a lot of hassle.

The biggest worry, I think, are the snap-to-grid issues. I looked at the room with the dragon skeleton in it first and, although it looks like everything fits together, there are lots of seams showing. The other parts seem to be okay but, as you can see by the first three pictures here, it is very noticeable (although I did have to use my torch to notice it). This wouldn't be too bad but I noticed that the tiles were placed at very strange angles. All tiles should be placed with an angle of 0 ideally, but sometimes at 90, 180 or 270 degrees. You should be okay with placing things are 45, 135, 225 or 315 degrees but turning things around makes things quite difficult all the same.

To solve this problem, go into the CS, load up the esp and go to File - Preferences. In the 'Movement' tab, tick the boxes that read 'snap-to-grid' and 'snap-to-angle'. The numbers to the right will probably be 64 and 45. This means that when you turn a tile, it jumps into place at the angle you choose (45 degrees in this case) or when you move a tile, it jumps into place in a way that should instantly connect it up with the tile next to it (if the tileset or tile combination is working properly, that is).

If it's not snapping properly then try lowering this number a bit. For snap-to-grid, you could try 32, 16, 8 or 4. For snap-to-angle, you could go higher and choose 90 degrees.

The real problem here is that many of the tiles are at weird angles and it may take some time to sort them out. It must have taken you ages to do this without snap-to-grid! :eek:

Anyway, the good news is that, with snap-to-grid enabled, the next level should be much, much easier to do. No wonder it's quite a short level...

Finally, I added screenshot #4 to show everyone else the beautiful little glowing fungus mold inside the rotten carcass of the lizard's bones...... =)
Hmm, I have no errors with the other two interiors, but I have noticed the issues in my interior, I'll probably fix this before constructing the second interior.
Hopefully, it won't take much but adjusting the angles may knock your objects out-of-synch...which may mean repositioning them as well. Anyway, using snap-to-grid and snap-to-angle should make things much easier. :yes:
I claimed this for myself as I got sick of waiting. I'm currently sorting out the first level so that there are no seams showing (taking quite a while). I will then add another level and possibly make use of KP's new 'web victim' models.
I completed the first level of this claim, adding a substantially larger section to the first level and correcting the errors. :check:
Here's a few shots of what I've been working on.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6