Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: VMRL0114 "Far Western Vudai Marshes" (Completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Quote:Originally posted by Dr.DeathDefing
That looks wierd! But uh, I have esm 2.54? Will this hinder me in my modding?
OIr does it depend on what cliams I undertake.

Yes, you need Blackmarsh.esm v2.55, or the absolutely latest BM.esm, regardless.

The rule of thumb is that any esp you're working on and creating for Blackmarsh, like for your claims, needs to be saved with latest version of Blackmarsh.esm as one of its masters.

If you start a claim esp with older BM.esm, and a new BM.esm comes out before you're finished with your claim esp, you need to first put the new BM.esm in your Data folder, then load up your claim esp as "Active File" in CS with that new BM.esm (and Oblivion.esm - make sure you have Shivering Isles expansion installed, too!), then save your claim esp again.....do this before submitting it to Ibsen as a finished claim esp.

Koniption
Oh okay, cool. Simple enough. Very simple.

Thanks KP
Sorry it took so long for me to reply, I've been a bit busy lately. the spore tree pronlem-fixed, thanks for the help everyone. I have been working on the northern part of the claim, densifying it on the south part but thining it for the border in the north part, shadowing the ground, deepening the water and making it look more natural, adding small pools with intense fungal growth (well, pool at the moment), moss, glorious moss, more water plants and more trees all to make it a more natural marsh. Screenshots will be uploaded as soon as I finish wider area and clump the flora a bit, which will be after I do some other quick texturing work (unrelated), so within the week or a day or two after it.
SA
Great stuff! :goodjob:

Be aware that if you adopt the Northern/Southern landscape change idea then it may need to take place wholesale to some degree. In other words, further landscaping beyond this claim will need to follow the pattern. The same goes for anything with landscaping. If drastic changes are made then this will need to be continued elsewhere. Be careful not to 'make a rod for your own back' by creating extra work further down the line. I'm confident it will all be managed effectively though.... :yes:
This is the third time I've tried to write this post, I'm annoyed :bash:, this will be brief, I hate the back button at the moment. I'm droping the claim, my computer sucks and there a too many objects in the marsh for me to mod effectively (great work on region gen by the way).:mchm:

I've completed an are I call the Stormhold stream, you will need a better name. It comes off the stream that leads off the Stormhold jungle through the rocky wall. The idea was, the stream and wind caries seeds from the jungle, prompting the growth of jungle trees in certain places along it. It also carries bits of moss and fungi from the rocks, which have thrives in the fertiles soil, darkening it and making it even more fertile. the basin the stream dumps in is dominated by mossy trees that have grown huge because of the nutrients. the whole marsh was supposed to be, craggy and plain in the west, dark and dense in the central-west, and flat and fertile in the east, or however you want it as it wasn't my claim. The transition zones haven't been completed so the dark areas kind of just become light again, so sorry about that. also I don't have picture because I can't find the name of the screenshot taker. Idea, there could be a book written about the stream and/or the vilages could have jars of marsh soil/water, which has alchemical properties because it is so fertile and riddled with fungi and moss.

I'm sad because this was supposed to be a relaxing claim, but it turned out to be frustrating (especially writing this post. the original one was four times longer and way more descripive in all areas, thus, making this post even worse than the time when I wrote up a whole descripion on the damage to 4th era Morrowind based on geology and meteorology. ST survived, that's all you need to know, ST survived and maybe the forgotten garden got a little bit flooded, Vvardenfell, not so much). Anyway, I've rotated a lot of the spore trees and poppies in the area I modded, which you can tell by the darkened soil, and joined some streams together. Maybe should try modding a desert for my next "relaxing" landscaping claim.
An angry SA X(, Sorry the post is so blunt.

Ps. The ESP is 591kbvwhen compresed so I don't know how to upload it.
Pss. I didn't landscape 3,16, but I did paint it. If need be you don't even have to use my work.
I'm sorry to hear that. If you can bear to rewrite that Morrowind post again it would be an interesting contribution to our discussion over at the TES5 thread.
Ah yes, landscaping can be a real bitch! That's why I often ended up being the sole landscaper....it's experience, I think.

I sent you a PM about sending files. :check: I'd be happy to take a look at it and see what I can do with it.

I can sympathise with the PC issues. My last PC just got hammered to death....I enjoyed it because it caused me many agonies over the years!

Here's something that may prove useful:

Making changes to the height-map can result in having to handle a ton of items that needed to be 'grounded' again. I'm guessing this is what you did that made it so tricky. If you do a lot of height-mapping, you'll give yourself tons and tons of work to do.....

What I do is choose the cells that I know I'm going to height map and select every single object in those cells. Then I lift them all way up high together using the 'z' key and do the same for every cell that I expect to adjust the height map for.

I then sculpt the landscape, go back to the cells I adjusted and select every item in the cells I adjusted again (the ones high up in the air). When you then press 'f', it will instantly 'ground' the items again....although you may need to drag them down a little more with a very slight use of the 'z' key to pull them down. You will then need to check to see if everything looks okay, delete a few objects and so on in order to get the landscaping to fit the new contours. The biggest problem at this point is normally the rocks as they have been generated to match the previously generated contours.

It's a bit easier to work with if you already have a landscape feature in mind before you generate the landscape. That's why some of the ungenerated areas look a bit weird....because I probably have plans for them. It's harder for a casual landscaper but if you have an idea for something like Arnesia then let me know and I'll try setting it up for you. It may help but you'd have to wait for the region gen.
I started work on this one. If I can get both this and the little bit of the Arnesian Jungles done up to x co-ordinate 4 then landscaping is done for the beta (and over half the worldspace, for that matter).
I'm still making gradual progress on this one. Not much done at the weekend as I was away seeing some old friends but after this week, I'm off for Easter so hopefully there will be much more to report. Plus, it looks like sandor is getting ready to develop work on the Wamasus Hills and Reaven Fenlands.
I'm gradually getting there. One third through and counting. Again, these screenies have no weather FX or LOD.
Pages: 1 2 3 4