Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: TSRI0104 "Blackrose: The Stranger's House" (Claimed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Official 'Black Marsh' Interior Claim: Blackrose: The Stranger's House

[/HR]

The Stranger's House
AVAILABILITY: Claimed by JB3

[/HR]

[Image: Untitled.jpg]

[/HR]

Description & Details

[/HR]

Nobody knows anything about the Stranger. Even in a secretive town like Blackrose, he is a mystery. Living alone in a ruined part of town, supposedly no-one has ever seen his face, leading to much speculation about who (or what) he is. Although they are certain that he's not an Argonian (the town's Shaman reckons he could smell one of his own people a mile off), there are various wild theories that the Stranger is an exiled Summerset nobleman, an escapee from Blackrose prison, a Redguard prince or a renegade Greybeard from Skyrim. The Stranger often leaves town for long periods, and his only confidant is the proprietor of the Clink shop who furnishes him with items he refuses to talk about. Solving the mystery of the Stranger's identity will be an optional quest that will illuminate his secret past and current quest for revenge. The house should contain an unusual number and diversity of weapons, but only the very poorest furniture and clutter. At a later stage, some clues to his identity may be left here.

[/HR]

At-a-glance Details

[/HR]
Interior Name: BMNatBlaInka01DZ
Region: Talu Swamps
Settlement: Blackrose
Architecture: Blackrose Set
Exterior cell coordinates: (tbc)
Claim Size & Difficulty: Medium.
Inhabitants: The owners have not been created yet.
Mission Connections: None as yet .
NPCs: 1. The NPC must have (full) dialogue and AI. Please choose an appropriate race (this can be discussed, if needs be). Don't forget the pathgrid for them. The NPC is already named but you may change the name if necessary, so please discuss this and other details in the claims discussion thread ('General Info' below). Here is JK's tutorial on dialogue: Dialogue Tutorial .
General Info: Please keep up to date on associated topics in the: Claims Discussion Forums .

[/HR]

How to mod your interior

Interior modding carries with it the same responsibilities as it does on our father project, Silgrad Tower. This means that there will need to be NPCs, Containers, Lighting etc. For a really nice checklist that is very, very thorough, try this one from Zurke: A handy checklist to create an interior for ST . Zurke is the most experienced and prolific interior modder I know of so it's all good advice.

[/HR]

Cluttering your Interior

This, like many of our claims, is a mini-claim which means that you can use the existing vanilla layout or delete everything in there and start over. However, whichever method you choose, you will need to bear in mind the need to replace many of the vanilla items with our own BM objects (whichever are appropriate to the owner and the purpose of the building). For more information about mini-claims, read this: Interiors Strategy .

Please try to use the BM objects as much as possible. And try to consider the story behind the owner of the house (which you may adapt unless stated) and add clutter as appropriate to them and the particular locations. This might include foodstuffs, flora, cutlery, paintings, tribal items, custom furniture, bedding and maybe a desk if this interior involves using the NPC as a trader. There are now LOTS of cultural objects for Argonian dwellings including cupboards, rootchairs and so on but other races can use some of our own items too, especially race-neutral objects such as cutlery, ingredients and books. Please ask or check this thread to find out more: Clutter Advice .

Please remember to light the area. Imperial lighting should mainly be used in Gideon and we have few lighting options that are especially unique so please consider SI lights as well if they fit with the interior. If you have any further suggestions, requests for models and so on then please consult this thread: Furnitures & Clutters or this one: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=11447. Just ask if you have any special ideas for extra models.

Have fun! :goodjob:
I adjusted this claim. :check:
This is also simple so i cliam this.
Welcome back, XXMagma5. Granted. :check:
Uncliam please
Okay. Done. :check:
It seems like a nice claim to do. Yet I picked the 'Sophoclius Neuces' one, although TBH the Stranger's House looks interesting.

A question: how do you see this Stranger's house? How much could I develop and how much you want to leave to the quest team? Just want to know in advance, before I do something, which is someone else's job in the project.
I think Deeza's description was designed to allow for a little interpretation on behalf of the modder. Claims are a little more fun if they're open-ended and you can then add your own stamp on the WS. You should be fine claiming this one. The policy is to not have too many claims open at one time (about 3 is roughly considered to be the limit).

In consideration of that, I will make this claim yours then. :check:

So good to see you becoming so productive, old chum. =)
Judging from the past experience, I don't want to do 2 claims at one time. That proved deadly. You just get burnt out in this way. Therefore I won't touch this claim before I finish the Sophoclicus one first.

I see. OK. As you know, I prefer to be productive and add some elements to the claim. So I wanted to ask first, before claiming it. No worries, I will not go wild and add tons of stuff. However I believe this claim requires some more consultation.

Perhaps let's use the time and discuss the Stranger a bit, ok? Who is he and how should we present him? He might be a hooded figure, who -as described in the claim- doesn't show up in town much, only re-stocks his supplies. But why is he in Blackrose and what will the quest be about? Is he a refugee? is he a wizard? A bandit? A monk? Does he hide in the secluded place such as Blackrose? Or does he seek solitude?

Bear in mind that if you prefer me to come up with all the above (which I can), it will effect the quest associated with this interior.
The Sophoclius claim was done and submitted yesterday. Therefore I can now fully focus on the Stranger. If nobody replies, I will just go on and do this on my own. Although I'd really prefer some exchange of information. After all, this is related to the quest.
Pages: 1 2 3