Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: TSRI0108 "Blackrose: Hinald and Jastopha's House" (Completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Official 'Black Marsh' Interior Claim: Blackrose: Hinald and Jastopha's House

[/HR]

Hinald and Jastopha's House
AVAILABILITY: Completed by JB3

[/HR]

[Image: Untitled.jpg]

[/HR]

Description & Details

[/HR]

This odd couple are a topic of much local discussion. An unusual pairing of a Redguard smith and Khajiit enchanter, many have speculated as to whether their relationship is strictly professional or more romantic in nature. Certainly they seem to have separate beds, but that is hardly conclusive evidence one way or the other. Their past is similarly murky, although it is common knowledge that Blackrose is the sort of dump one would only choose to live in if one was out of all other options. What nobody doubts however is that both are very good at their trade. Hinald works by day up in Fort Blackrose, repairing the Legion's armour and weapons, whilst Jastopha runs an item recharging service from the kitchen table of their small house. This should be a middle-class interior, though making use of appropriate BM assets.

[/HR]

At-a-glance Details

[/HR]
Interior Name: BMNatBlaInka02DZ
Region: Talu Swamps
Settlement: Blackrose
Architecture: Blackrose Set
Exterior cell coordinates: (tbc)
Claim Size & Difficulty: Medium.
Inhabitants: The owners have not been created yet.
Mission Connections: None as yet .
NPCs: 1. The NPC must have (full) dialogue and AI. Please choose an appropriate race (this can be discussed, if needs be). Don't forget the pathgrid for them. The NPC is already named but you may change the name if necessary, so please discuss this and other details in the claims discussion thread ('General Info' below). Here is JK's tutorial on dialogue: Dialogue Tutorial .
General Info: Please keep up to date on associated topics in the: Claims Discussion Forums .

[/HR]

How to mod your interior

Interior modding carries with it the same responsibilities as it does on our father project, Silgrad Tower. This means that there will need to be NPCs, Containers, Lighting etc. For a really nice checklist that is very, very thorough, try this one from Zurke: A handy checklist to create an interior for ST . Zurke is the most experienced and prolific interior modder I know of so it's all good advice.

[/HR]

Cluttering your Interior

This, like many of our claims, is a mini-claim which means that you can use the existing vanilla layout or delete everything in there and start over. However, whichever method you choose, you will need to bear in mind the need to replace many of the vanilla items with our own BM objects (whichever are appropriate to the owner and the purpose of the building). For more information about mini-claims, read this: Interiors Strategy .

Please try to use the BM objects as much as possible. And try to consider the story behind the owner of the house (which you may adapt unless stated) and add clutter as appropriate to them and the particular locations. This might include foodstuffs, flora, cutlery, paintings, tribal items, custom furniture, bedding and maybe a desk if this interior involves using the NPC as a trader. There are now LOTS of cultural objects for Argonian dwellings including cupboards, rootchairs and so on but other races can use some of our own items too, especially race-neutral objects such as cutlery, ingredients and books. Please ask or check this thread to find out more: Clutter Advice .

Please remember to light the area. Imperial lighting should mainly be used in Gideon and we have few lighting options that are especially unique so please consider SI lights as well if they fit with the interior. If you have any further suggestions, requests for models and so on then please consult this thread: Furnitures & Clutters or this one: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=11447. Just ask if you have any special ideas for extra models.

Have fun! :goodjob:
I adjusted this claim. :check:
Hey IG;
I have made a thread about my return so I cliam on this please and thank you.
XM
Good to have you back, XM! If I can help, let me know. You will need to familiarise yourself with all of our own custom assets in the Object Window under the various different categories. MiscItems include cutlery (bowls and stuff), Furniture contains our root chairs and the like, besides beds and stuff and Ingredients are what you might place on plates and inside bowls. For most of the major categories, we have our own section so look out for the blackmarsh areas particularly.

Oh, and try to avoid adjusting parts of Tamriel or BlackMarsh outside of your claim. It can cause sandor some headaches.

Claim Granted. :check:
Unclaim please
Thanks for reminding me. Done. :check:
Ibsen, my next claim, what do you think?

Still struggling with technical issues mostly (see Helga thread), but I think Helga is moslty done. Once they are solved, perhaps I might do this murky couple? Smile
Certainly, claim granted! :check:

You will need to wait until your own 'Helga's Hostel' esp is merged in order for anyone else to work on the Blackrose claims. In order to do this, just upload the finished file to this thread: Latest esm and esp updates and then wait for sandor's latest esm to emerge. If you let him know that it's an important one and that I've given it top priority to be merged, I'm sure he'll get onto it as soon as he can.

Remember to switch the 'open' house models to their 'int' variation. It will make things a LOT easier. Oh, and bear in mind that if morcroft has to adjust the stairs on the interior house models themselves then it may slightly adjust the proportions of the house in the affected area and that therefore some things may stand off walls or merge with clutter, depending on the amount of adjustment being made.
OK, I took a claim in ST project, so I will wait a bit. That claim will keep me busy for the moment (although not for long Smile )

Do I need to post Helga file? I think you made a final version with the hibiscus.
The interior models are built from the same mesh as the combined models - I just deleted the interior walls for the exterior-only version and vice versa. All stairs, partitions, beams and the like are unchanged.
Pages: 1 2 3