Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: TSRI0108 "Blackrose: Helga's Hostel" (Completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Official 'Black Marsh' Interior Claim: Blackrose: Helga's Hostel

[/HR]

Helga's Hostel
AVAILABILITY: Completed by JB3

[/HR]

[Image: Untitled.jpg]

[/HR]

Description & Details

[/HR]

The finest hotel in Blackrose, and by that people mean the only one. In fairness, however, the owner, Helga, has done a remarkably good job of making the damp old Lilmothlit ruins fit for habitation. Accommodation and food is basic but cheap, and Helga has a cheerful disposition and a mean left hook to deal with any troublesome customers who might otherwise disturb your night's rest. She is rumoured to be in an on-off relationship with her fellow Nord, the Barman who runs the adjacent Grey Wizard's Rest tavern, but nothing is confirmed.

This pair of linked interiors form a single building and have been partially completed by Deeza. However, they still require a little fine adjusting and clutter placement.

[/HR]

At-a-glance Details

[/HR]
Interior Name: BMNatBlamorcroft01DZ
Region: Talu Swamps
Settlement: Blackrose
Architecture: Blackrose Set
Exterior cell coordinates: (tbc)
Claim Size & Difficulty: Medium.
Inhabitants: The owners have not been created yet.
Mission Connections: None as yet .
NPCs: 1. The NPC must have (full) dialogue and AI. Please choose an appropriate race (this can be discussed, if needs be). Don't forget the pathgrid for them. The NPC is already named but you may change the name if necessary, so please discuss this and other details in the claims discussion thread ('General Info' below). Here is JK's tutorial on dialogue: Dialogue Tutorial .
General Info: Please keep up to date on associated topics in the: Claims Discussion Forums .

[/HR]

How to mod your interior

Interior modding carries with it the same responsibilities as it does on our father project, Silgrad Tower. This means that there will need to be NPCs, Containers, Lighting etc. For a really nice checklist that is very, very thorough, try this one from Zurke: A handy checklist to create an interior for ST . Zurke is the most experienced and prolific interior modder I know of so it's all good advice.

[/HR]

Cluttering your Interior

This, like many of our claims, is a mini-claim which means that you can use the existing vanilla layout or delete everything in there and start over. However, whichever method you choose, you will need to bear in mind the need to replace many of the vanilla items with our own BM objects (whichever are appropriate to the owner and the purpose of the building). For more information about mini-claims, read this: Interiors Strategy .

Please try to use the BM objects as much as possible. And try to consider the story behind the owner of the house (which you may adapt unless stated) and add clutter as appropriate to them and the particular locations. This might include foodstuffs, flora, cutlery, paintings, tribal items, custom furniture, bedding and maybe a desk if this interior involves using the NPC as a trader. There are now LOTS of cultural objects for Argonian dwellings including cupboards, rootchairs and so on but other races can use some of our own items too, especially race-neutral objects such as cutlery, ingredients and books. Please ask or check this thread to find out more: Clutter Advice .

Please remember to light the area. Imperial lighting should mainly be used in Gideon and we have few lighting options that are especially unique so please consider SI lights as well if they fit with the interior. If you have any further suggestions, requests for models and so on then please consult this thread: Furnitures & Clutters or this one: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=11447. Just ask if you have any special ideas for extra models.

Have fun! :goodjob:
I adjusted this claim. :check:
A humble question from a "wayward son". Smile Maybe I could take a claim and do it in CS? My input was erratic, least to say, I know. But I've done an interior here and there for the project. So maybe I can contribute? :eek: I think I have some time for a claim for BM project. What do you think?
Long time no see, jb3! How's life been treating you?

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't claim this. Ibsen will be along shortly I'm sure...
Thanks Deeza. Yes, long time no see. OK, I will await for the approval to take the claim. In the meantime, let me update my BM file and get ready.

How is it going? Well, I've recently made a retex of the vanilla Elven Armor. It's probably nothing special, taking into consideration how many great mods are out there. Anyway, if anyone finds a use for it as a contribution or if you simply care to take a looksie at the screenshots, here is TesNexus upload page: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38670. If anyone cares to provide some feedback, please let me know. I'd like to improve and it's actually my first messing with the textures in Oblivion.

How are you doing and how is BM project going? I hope Ibsen, you and the team made some good progress. You guys must feel Skyrim's warm breath on your shoulders... Or will BM be converted to be a Skyrim mod?

Also, a side note, have you played the Witcher2? Absolutely amazing gem, isn't it?

Edit: I just read that this claim is partly done by you, Deeza. Should I take this one or do you recommend some other claim? I'm fine either way.
I think the emphasis is on the word "partly". The basic placement is done but it needs fine tuning. It might be a good small job for you to ease back into modding.

As for Skyrim, I have vague plans, but nothing definite at this stage. I suspect that due to the engine change it would be impossible to directly move BM over to Skyrim, but it might nevertheless be possible to make use of some of the assets in a smaller "child" project. In any case, our priority now is getting as much done as possible before the new game comes out and modding attention inevitably shifts.
Alright, then I will wait for Ibsen to give me green light on this claim. I agree, such a claim is good at this stage.

I got .esm v2.62, hope that's the one I should work with. I think I still have BM resources installed, but perhaps I need to update? Do you have one resource file or are the files still scattered?

Anyway, after swapping .esm I seem to have the same problem, I experienced last year. Within BM exteriors, I lack the terrain and the character drops into the water. I remember this was associated with the loading order. However I tried moving BM .esm up and down and no matter where I placed it, it was all the same. Please remind me where should I queue the .esm?

Edit: I think I figured it out. BM needs to be on the top and CM Partners on the bottom (The "Known Incopatibilities" thread was a great help). I now got some parts of the terrain, but still a lot are missing. Must be missing resources (textures).

Edit2: OK, I bumped onto the wall and need further advise in order to proceed:
Quote:At the moment, the mod is in the closed beta stage. This means only people who are working on the mod may download it. If you want to help us, please introduce yourself in the team introductions thread. Smile
So what should I do now?
Yes, I'll need to send you information on how to download the bsa along with the link to the new bsa. You'll also need to be reinstated as a team member as I think I may have deleted you. Could you drop by the Naming Codes thread?

In the meantime, claim granted. :check:

However, as Face just realised, you may need to switch this interior with a new one from the latest BSA update which I will be uploading shortly so hang on till you receive the last file.
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Could you drop by the Naming Codes thread?
Done.

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
hang on till you receive the last file.
OK. I will start working on this particular interior file from the latest .esm. I will use vanilla and whatever resource I have (I suppose I have them as per April 2010). Maybe it will be easy to swap them with the current BM models later on. I still can work on the NPCs, dialogs, AI, pathgrids.

I will let you know where I am with this claim. If i have any questions, I will post them here.

Edit: Got the resource files from Ibsen. Let me install them.
Those files should sort everything. Bear in mind what I say in this post too: Black Marsh Resources: Latest bsa . These are the latest additions.
Pages: 1 2 3 4