Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: RE: SHRC04 "Fishermen's Island" [Old discussion SACarrow]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Trying out my changes resulted in OB blowing up or freezing several times, so I saved my ginormous OB data directory and uninstalled. I then reinstalled with the following:
  • OB,
  • SI,
  • 0416 patch.

Then I added the BSAs and used the instructions to add them to the INI path. I then unpacked the 2.11 assets into the Data directory. The ESM used is v3.28 + M1337.

I then used a saved savegame starting in an OB dungeon and did a coc Ebbedin14. I left Sparrow's shack and was able to walk about downtown Ebbedin. Then came coc Steadhelm47, but attempting to leave that house after arrival caused a CTD. Would that be an asset or LOD issue? I have the LOD BSA too.

Thanks,
Steve
I would say it would matter how far you got. Was the crash immediate or was the splashscreen open for a bit?

If it was immediate my guess would be interior.

edit: Steve I coc steadhelm47 after starting a saved game. The splashscreen ran for a bit and it crashed to desktop. My feeling is exterior.
Another data point: coc Ebbedin04 (the guard barracks) causes an immediate CTD. I thought I had the latest of everything. Tongue I think I've seen something about some Redoran interiors being problematic, but I can visit (via coc) both Llotho's and Unril's interiors w/o incident, though apparently placing a kwama egg in a wicker baket makes for interesting physics, Big Grin Can ingredients be placed within clutter containers like baskets and bowls?

Thanks,
Steve
As I said here I found the cause, Razorwing will include these in the next assets update.
Please use the attached assets.

The rocks solve the freezing problem and the architecture folder from the previous bsa (2.0) fix the CTD's. The current ones got somehow corrupted and cause the LOD crashes all over the land.

Clutter should be placed on static objects.

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
I like sandor's idea for ferries with interiors because it's simple, and it doesn't interfere with the player using those ferries. I don't know if it can apply here though.
If you want to use this technique please go ahead.
I've installed the fix above and cow stland 60 18 (FishIsland) still gives a CTD. For the time being, I can check my interior modding by COCing between the cells. I think a unified asset & ESM release is in order for the near future, which also means I should MOPPify the last few shack pieces. Smile I also noticed that the WoodOldScarred01 texture is gone but still referenced in platterwood.nif and the Hlaalu interior tileset. Smile I think I saw a mention of that, but the late umpleasantness with the ISP has rendered searching for older post references impossible.

As for clutter on clutter, I think I've seen foodstuffs on plates (or kwama eggs in baskets). Are there any guidelines there or are those placements only stable until they are bumped?

Thanks,
Steve
Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
I've installed the fix above and cow stland 60 18 (FishIsland) still gives a CTD. For the time being, [..]

I also noticed that the WoodOldScarred01 texture is gone but still referenced in platterwood.nif and the Hlaalu interior tileset. Smile I think I saw a mention of that, but the late umpleasantness with the ISP has rendered searching for older post references impossible.
On my end there's no CTD.
I am using bsa v2.8 (unpacked) plus the fix from my previous post and the latest updates from the Forge (June 30th v2.11).

This update fixes the missing texture.

EDIT

As for clutter on clutter, I think I've seen foodstuffs on plates (or kwama eggs in baskets).
That's correct.

Are there any guidelines there or are those placements only stable until they are bumped?
No and they're only stable if not bumped.

Especially inside baskets the bumping effect can be very strange.

IMO, where possible use static objects or move the clutter objects away from the edges of a table/shelf to avoid bumping the placed objects.
I found the model that was crashing upon attempted entry into Ebbedin04; it is StFurnDunClosetLCclothing01. Removing only that animated container allowed me to COC there. Another CTD cell with that model was Steadhelm53; removing it there was also successful. Oddly enough, I could get to Soluthis0408 which also has one and even open the container but upon closing, the container anim never stopped; it just kept opening and closing. In case it's useful, the size of dunmerclosetlc.nif in the BSA was 134040 and the size of the BSA itself is 713127KB.

EDIT: The apparent overriding model from an update has a size of 132153. Since the two have different structures, I'll UL them here for comparison.

Steve
I checked the interiors you mentioned (using the attached nif).
The closet opens and closes as intended, there were no CTD's.

The prior version of the nif had the anim set up as a loop.
So it seems you have the older mesh installed.
At least some of my issues stem from archive invalidation stuff. Either in DLing or moving, my ST BSA dates became 21 Jul 2009, around the date of DLing. As I understand ArchInv, that means that directory assets older than that (like the BC rocks and the closet) will not override the BSA assets. I then used FileDate to change the dates on the BC rocks and attempted Ebbedin04 and FishIsland again. Ebbedin04 worked and FishIsland did not CTD, though it still hung. From sandor's previous message, it seems that bad _far NIFs are to blame for freezes. The problem here is that those assets are dated (presumably) later than the corresponding vanilla assets. Are all the bad FARs at this point vanilla assets, which admittedly would be heavily used in Steadhelm?

My that was long. Smile I guess my question is whether anyone has had success entering the exterior around Steadhelm under the latest ESM & assets without actually exploding the BSAs into the Data directory and then updating?

Any more thoughts appreciated,
Steve
At least some of my issues stem from archive invalidation stuff. Either in DLing or moving, my ST BSA dates became 21 Jul 2009, around the date of DLing. As I understand ArchInv, that means that directory assets older than that (like the BC rocks and the closet) will not override the BSA assets. I then used FileDate to change the dates on the BC rocks and attempted Ebbedin04 and FishIsland again. Ebbedin04 worked and FishIsland did not CTD, though it still hung.

I am glad you solved part of the problem and noted.

From sandor's previous message, it seems that bad _far NIFs are to blame for freezes. The problem here is that those assets are dated (presumably) later than the corresponding vanilla assets. Are all the bad FARs at this point vanilla assets, which admittedly would be heavily used in Steadhelm?
FYI
A few months ago Razorwing started to optimize the architecture assets.
After I discovered the CTD's we decided to use the assets from the ST bsa v2.0. These were used for two years (various bsa's) and never caused a problem.

Somehow the meshes in the newer bsa's got corrupted.

They (bsa v2.0) are from Almost Everything VWD v2.9 (Iggey) and a few meshes from MTAEVWDlite1a by jack56. Updated with Illuminated Almost Everything VWD (AEVWD) Version 1.0 by Bomret (based on AEVWD v2.9).

These will be replaced by REALLY Almost Everything Visible When Distant - Version 1.0.1 by Arthmoor as discussed with RW (it's on my to do list). This is an optimized version of the prior versions, I'll only add the meshes/textures used for Steadhelm.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7