Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Village Planning: Greenspring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Thanks, Mizreg. I'll go and check it out right now. One thing that I notice right away is that there are loads of cells that have asterisks (*) next to them, suggesting that something in those cells have been altered. This can happen if you move something by accident but, with so many cells having been altered, it may need some cleaning up by sandor.

If dealing with any claim, try to ensure that nothing is moved or altered in any way except in the area concerned as it can cause errors. I also noticed there was some sort of quest reference error upon loading so I may need to ask sandor about that too.

@ PWN - Certainly! That would be wonderful! Allow me a little time to get it checked and merged though. We really need help with the AI and dial. If we could just get that done then we'd be purely focused on quests and dungeons (though pretty much entirely quests by now).

Edit - @ Mizreg - All I could see were three buildings from Phitt's tileset just one cell too far East of the main location. Looking at things as they are, it seems there may be some missing items or something as the door portals seem to be placed in midair (see screenie) and some of the trees seem to clip with the buildings.

Regarding the interiors, Flees-Her-Tribe's house uses a Paatru bed which shouldn't really be used. This interior needs more cluttering generally with such things as paintings, ingredients, cutlery, containers and general items such as tribal rattles or something. Just check through the black marsh folders for static and miscitem objects besides potions, ingredients and so on. Even a few items of clothing may be placed on top of a table or elsewhere.

Bone-through-nose's AI is not using the Argonian beast skeleton, hence the errors when you enter the cell and the lack of a tail. Likewise, it could use more clutter and I noticed at this point that you could use pathgrids or else any AI will not work. Pathgrids are easy but time-consuming for large areas (which this most certainly isn't) and the guide can be found here: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind...Path_Grids .

In Hits-With-Wood's house, the smoke animator looks cool but is too far off the ground for some reason and I myself have experienced real problems in getting the hanging baskets to hang properly when the 'collision' is enabled. To see what I mean, go into this cell and click on the hanging basket in the render window. Then turn on the collision by clicking the icon in the main bar that looks like a bouncing ball with the letters 'HK' (meaning 'havok sim') next to them. I'm liking the dead rat in a cage although, again, it could use a little more clutter.

In short, you're getting there but the file itself looks very buggy and the town seems very incomplete. I'd have thought it would be fun to use a bridge model over the waterfall....just a suggestion. I guess the biggest worry for you might be that with the three buildings so far East they may not be accessible for the beta....
Okay, thats a lot of stuff, Ill put the buildings loads more west then, im not sure about the bridge model, since it seems to far out to be really civilised, maybe a makeshift crossing of seperate logs and stuff. I will get cluttering right now.
Yes, they should ideally be somewhere around 4,5 and 5,5. A makeshift crossing sounds interesting...
Hi IG;

Will DO!!!

PWN
Hehe, PWN your always there to help out, thanks for that.
Thats me! Thats why i PWN!
Thanks guys! Good work. Big Grin
you certainly do PWN and thanks IG
Theres also a female Naga in Greenspring, but she has been banished, and I might just add a dead assassin somewhere near the village with a note on him that sais that he was to kill her...... he has failed miserably Big Grin
Sorry, is Greenspring an Argonian village or a colony? Because it may break lore to have a Naga in an Imperial settlement.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14