Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: New World Blues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Possibly it could be merged. Let's see what Ibsen says.
I'm really not keen on adding more Forts, PWN. We've just been discussing how they really belong to Cyrodiil rather than BM and we already have plenty of them. The forts called Falkenshire and Charrish are already present in our mod but don't have exteriors for them. Basically, the only possible exteriors they could have would be Glenbridge and Fort Swampmoth (aka Utateki). Therefore, we would need an entirely new Fort exterior for a new Fort and that's something I'm reluctant to admit to. I mention this here: New World Blues .

However, far be it from me to refuse hard work. I was trying to establish whether you'd done so much it might just be worth having one more Fort just for the hell of it...and to allow you to work on this quest without interruption.
Why don't you just place the fort on the very border of Black Marsh, that way you won't have to make a new exterior.
Well, it was only one floor IG, and I still really wanted to add to it but it is not meant to be to big, just like a room and a hallway and some aged hallways as this is where your meant to just meet Cax and then go onward, the levels I had planned to make them get bigger as you went down, but oh well, we might just merge it with another fort I have no worries, it means I can get the Dialogue and all that.
About the dialogue, can I add like some FO like dialogue. As in, they are like i am talking to a real person, and have different dialgue outcomes, but still activate and progress the quest. Just not sure how the latter might cause some problems.

PWN
One possibility we could go for, I guess, is to have your idea merged with Castle Giovese which is discussed here: Gideon Castle Thread .

JB3 had wanted to work on this but it looks like he has disappeared. This means that we could have Cax as an old retainer of ancient Gideon nobles who has fallen from grace. The 'zombies' in question might well be the old inmates of the prison. It would make sense for something like that to happen in such a place. Personally, I think that's an excellent solution, actually. =)
That does seem like the best way of making use of it to me. We know the Governor of Gideon is a pretty shifty guy, so he may well employ some... unorthodox servants.
Sounds good, but I don't now if pwn3rs idea is getting ruined by this..... Also Miz is feeling very ill and will not be available a few days, since everyone he works with looks at this page every now and then I figured I'd just post it here.
Thanks for letting us know about Mizreg. We do actually have a special thread for things like that: Post here when you go away
(Normally someone does it themeslves, but you're in a unique position to do it for someone else)

I think it's pretty much the same as pwn's original idea, just modified to be in a context where it's badly needed (that castle has been in need of a dungeon for some time).

Also, if the rulers of Gideon are involved that gives him a lot of extra chances for interesting characters and dialogue. It could be, just as an example, that you're hired by the city of Gideon to do this, only to discover that their own servants are involved (perhaps someone could try to assassinate the player to "tie up loose ends").

BTW, an interesting fact about Bosmer vampires is that they look exactly like normal Bosmer until you see them by candlelight (this would be quite easy to script if we switch the NPC when you enter the dungeon)
But from that thread, isn't Gideon castle a full working castle? I am a little confused here, if worst comes to worst, i can make it a cave no biggies. But could somoeone elaborate.
Yes, I can see why it got confusing.

Gideon Castle is so old that large parts of it have fallen into disuse, and now only one part of it is inhabited. The older part (still known by its original name of Castle Giovese), is almost entirely ruined. So the interiors I already did are a fully working castle, whereas the part you would be doing is the basement level of the old castle dungeons that leads into the sewers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8