Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Nerevarine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Just catching up here, what if you put 2 thoughts together - Indoril and 6th House?

The 6th House divides - the potentially reclaimable under the betrayed Voryn Dagoth who has somehow survived in the protective custody of the Indoril calls upon all 'sane' remnants of House Dagoth to join the beleagered House Indoril to save them and themselves from the same fate of final dissolution that Dagoth faces.

'fraid I just cannot see any of the coprus-enhanced ever being accepted openly by any faction and that includes the ash-kin. They are just too twisted and they could never assimilate as they no longer look remotely mer... only Dagoth Ur (using the god-power of the Heart) and the Nerevarine (with that unique potion and probably Azura's blessing) escaped the apparent full distortion of coprus...

It may be that some dreamers/sleepers awake with Dagoth Ur's demise before the process has gone too far, and some of those who were never affected to that extent, but the rest are blighted... = dead on sight, except the ones that go to Tel Fyr for refuge...

The ash-kin might attack Tel Fyr to gain control of the coprus victims in there as well as to steal the research notes - maybe in the master's absence? But they will never forgive or forget - they gave themselves mind, soul and body to Dagoth Ur, and willingly... that IS what they are.

Wink Even if you want to play as an ash-kin KKA ...

barbarian Dunmer - isn't that a contradiction in terms?

The Bethsoft Lore says 6th House destroyed, not House Dagoth. But I suspect you might get away with the suggestion that the House Dagoth remnants who did not convert to Dagoth Ur's 6th House convert to Indoril openly... and that could be one of the underlying causes for the war to come on Vvardenfell.

And also provided that all the Ash-kin and such are destroyed in a final bloodbath, thus making th eLore correct if premature...

:O forgiven KKA? Wink
Two points. Firstly, I agree with everthing Raggidman just said Wink And secondly, I don't think we should touch the Nerevarine with a canal, let alone a barge or barge pole. Let his/her mystery remain.
Yeah, maybe it would be best just to leave the Nerevarine alone, let the player wonder. I think it would be a good idea for the Nerevarine to leave a lot behind though, maybe a few surprises. Wink
Here's my take on the whole "Nerevarine" issue...

These are the hard, non-debatable facts. There's a lot there, so beware:

TES4: Vvardenfell will have a Main Quest. The developers of this quest will do their best to make their Main Quest as great as possible. The first thing a great Main Quest need is a great story. Every great story includes your player doing something great, and becoming a widely recognized hero. In order for someone to become a widely recognized hero, they must perform a great feat, which in most cases involves "righting" a terrible "wrong". In order for this feat to occur, there must be a great "wrong" that needs to be "righted".

The Nerevarine is the protector and hero of the Dunmer, and all of Morrowind. He got this way by "righting" a very significant "wrong" (Which, in this case, took the form of the man-god Dagoth Ur). After Dagoth Ur was vanquished and the prophecy fulfilled, both he and the man-god Vivec disappeared. Many rumors seem to indicate that the Nerevarine went to Akavir. Since this is the only clue we have about his whereabouts, we must assume it to be truth.

In order for a great Main Quest to occur, There must be a great "wrong" occur in the lands of Vvardenfell, the lands of the Dunmer and of the Nerevarine. This will be a "wrong" that "your" hero must "right".

The Nerevarine would not forget about protecting the Dunmer, even in Akavir. If a great "wrong" were to take place in Vvardenfell, the Nerevarine would hear about it (Either through the Daedra Azura's manipulations, or by his own means) and would want to "right" this "wrong". If the "wrong" was significant enough, the Nerevarine would attempt to return to Vvardenfell as soon as he learned of this "wrong". Even if the Nerevarine was not in Akavir, he would still learn of this "wrong" and go back to Vvardenfell in order to "right" it.

This is why the Nerevarine must appear in the Main Quest of TES4: Vvardenfell.

The Nerevarine was a player-defined character from TES3: Morrowind. The player determined the Nerevarine's appearance, personality, and history, and therefore the Nerevarine has infinite appearances, infinite personalities, and infinite histories. This is a problem for TES4: Vvardenfell that can not easily be solved. The Nerevarine has infinite different appearances built using different combinations of attributes such as race, gender, and equipment. Equipment is not such an issue as the Nerevarine could have simply collected and equipped different items after the time of TES3: Morrowind. This only leaves Race and Gender.

Both race and gender can be hidden by equipping the Nerevarine with a full helm, robes, full armor, or other skin-covering items. This is just one way to disguise the Nerevarine's appearance, but it can not mask the Nerevarine's Voice. However, It must be noted that the Ordinators of TES3: Morowind had a deeper voice than most Dunmer, which is assumably caused by their mask-helms. It could be possible that the Nerevarine could equip a helmet with similar, voice altering properties. This is just one way to disguise the Nerevarine's Voice, but it may still run into gender conflicts.

The personal history of the Nerevarine is not exactly important, but the personality is. His/her personality personality could be anything from a hardened criminal to a soft poet to a crusading warrior of justice. However, it must be said that the Nerevarine came all the way from Akavir (Or wherever he went off to) just to "right" some "wrong" that has taken place. If he/she is determined enough to come back to Vvardenfell all the way from Akavir, he/she would surely be very focused on whatever "wrong" has taken place. Logically, the Nerevarine would then have a serious, almost rude attitude whenever you talked with him, simply because he/she is so preoccupied with the "wrong".

The issues of appearance and voice, however, are still active topics. It would be hard to decide what equipment should be used to mask the Nerevarine's race and gender, but it seems that Bonemold is a common Morrowind armor, and would probably suit the hero of Morrowind. However, you cannot ignore the fact that the Nerevarine has been in Akavir for quite some time, and has most likely picked up on some Akaviri fashion trends. A new suit of armor or clothes would be necessary if this path were taken. A weapon is not an issue, since the Nerevarine would still have Trueflame, as well as Kargenac's Tools. (Which, I believe, should take a significant role in the Main Quest storyline)

Voice is still a mystery to me. You could simply not have the Nerevarine talk at all in the Main Quest, but this would require that the player not meet the Nerevarine in person, which would make this whole topic moot.
well said :applause:

I am still going over and revising the Main Quest, we'll see what happens
the nerevarine's inclusion will be tough but not too bad I don't think
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA

You know instead of the neverine appearing, the true soul of the neverine (Nerevar) could appear to the player, as we know that he was both male and a dunmer.
Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard

You know instead of the neverine appearing, the true soul of the neverine (Nerevar) could appear to the player, as we know that he was both male and a dunmer.

silence! don't give away my ideas! :lol:

like I said in the PMs TOYB, somehow tonight we;ve been thinking so similarly... holy crap...

silence, we mustn't tell our ideas my precious.. no no no.... not yet

yeah yeah I plan to have an epic moment where ___ happens and then Nerevar's soul talks and stuff
Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard

silence! don't give away my ideas! :lol:

like I said in the PMs TOYB, somehow tonight we;ve been thinking so similarly... holy crap...

silence, we mustn't tell our ideas my precious.. no no no.... not yet

yeah yeah I plan to have an epic moment where ___ happens and then Nerevar's soul talks and stuff

Actually this about the forth time I've said it in Nerevarine/MQ threads on these boards Wink
I said it in the last time I type up an MQ idea... so I guess our coinciding ideas have been going on for awhile then cause I typed it up a long time ago... and it was argued to death between me and Axen..
Twilight Zone stuff...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11