Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: rpc01 "Castle Parkeep" [Closed]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
THIS CLAIM IS CLOSED
Not because it's finished but because the architectural model will change, and the interior layout with it.

black[/hr]

Claim code (reference):
rpc01 "Castle Parkeep"

Estimate of size:
Rather huge castle

Architectural Type:
Imperial Cheydinhal (ext.model: CastleCheydinhalKeep01, rotation: -135)

Freeform description of this claim:
Castle Parkeep is the true center of power and city administration in Reich Parkeep. Although the Redorans outside the Imperial District have some semblance of autonomy over their own affairs, such as policing themselves and settling minor matters, there's no question the Empire is in control over the city. Excersizing that control is Baron Remo (imp/m) and his wife, the Baroness Ylvone (nord/f). At the end of this post are screenshots of how these NPCs looked in our old mod; mimicing their facial appearance would add greatly to the depth and historical sense of our mod.

The Baron's official title is probably "Lord Reich Parkeep", going by Oblivion dialogue.

Castle Parkeep should probably also house the town's prison in an underground section.

Baron Remo is employed by the Empire to oversee city affairs and the Baroness is a "housewife" for lack of a better word. She may have hobbies though. The couple may or may not have children at your discretion. They are guarded by 2-4 city guards.

[title]Information.[/title]
Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. But don't forget to run forum searches here as well, because often you'll find the answer here instead of the wiki. If you don't find the answer, feel free to post the question here in your claims thread But beyond that it's worth remembering that trial-and-error is an integral part of modding and it's only natural that you have to playtest your work to see if what you did worked or not.

black[/hr]

History:
¤ The first discussion, Apr-May 2006. Shunoshi and X23 held the claim, but it didn't go anywhere.
¤ The second discussion, May-Aug 2006. HeIsTheDarkness held the claim, and submitted a partially modded interior that got merged to the esm.
¤ The third discussion is found below, May-Dec 2007. Kingevil accepted the claim, but eventually relinquished it. The claim was then closed pending a revision of the castle's architecture model.
Alright, intimidation aside, I'd like to give this location a shot. It should allow me to really practice up on NPCs. If granted I probably won't start it until Vaniken's shop is finished though.
Quote:Originally posted by shunoshi
Alright, intimidation aside, I'd like to give this location a shot. It should allow me to really practice up on NPCs. If granted I probably won't start it until Vaniken's shop is finished though.

Granted :check:

No worries, take your time. Until the merging situation is resolved there isn't much in the way of time constraints, as I see it. I probably won't start up the Redoran claims either until we've overcome that problem. But on the other hand that can be a good thing I guess, because folks are free to whittle on the claims they've already taken and make them even more perfect (in their own view). =)
Can we both work on this? I was kinda interested in doing this claim, but I didn't want to do the npcs.

We can both work on the actual interior somehow (Maybe one night I work on and one niht you work on it) And than you could do the npcs.
It's shunoshi's claim so the decision is a 100% his.
Sure, I wouldn't mind doing a team claim. Since the castle doesn't have a premade interior cell, we'll have to start by drawing up a base layout. Plus, this place is going to have multiple cells (Cheydinal Keep is made up of 6 seperate cells), so it should be relatively easy to split up if we preplan it. Just PM me or email me with any ideas you have to it. I still plan on finishing Vaniken's shop before starting it, so it'll be a week or so for me at least.

So, if we get a concept layout done, you can take a stab at starting it.
When you enter you go into the throne room like the other castles (Since theres only one set of castle interior sets) than we have the dining hall and rooms and stuff.

I'll pm you as soon as you say you're done with Vaniken Ri (Or you can pm me)
damn your right i looked for a premade interior there isnt one. Though try to make it look extravagant goodluck.
It won't be really hard. It'll just be like making a dungeon since you connect hallway pieces and stuff. It'll still be difficult, especially cluttering it.
Was just posting some thoughts on the priest's house, and then considered that the priest might likely have been chosen to suit the local Lord.

Also priests like wine. Shunoshi is doing a very unusual gentleman by the name of Ri - who might well be selling unusual stuff, and there was mention of a design or tileset for a wine growers and winery - maybe there is something here, as the good baron does look as though he might be something of a conoisseur? And his wife looks to be very young and pretty...

hmmm - the baroness and the priest...

So does the baron perhaps have an extensive wine cellar perchance - and where might that lead?

After all it does seem that drink can have some very strange effects in ES...

Has anyone modelled any vines yet? And are the vines entirely 'normal' - look at what mushrooms do for the Telvanni buildings...

We have a new contributor in Lit Dev Ataridante who has made a contribution to the Original Botany Books about the metaphysical properties of plants, and I would think that wine would likely have a spiritual dimension...besides I would like to encourage Ataridante to link up with us more firmly - so please take a look at his other thread too Rw.

Ok, Rw? Shunoshi? Is this going somewhere?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8