Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Team / Introductions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
I did leave that out, didn't I.

I enjoy modelling architecture...preferably man-made structures. My most recent experience is with standard Western European Medieval styles, and all scaled for MMOs...meaning large scale and low detail.

Anything that lets me get away from that would be great.

I'm still digging through the forum here, but I see a lot of Egyptian thoughts as well as some Middle-Eastern designs. Has any thought been given to a slight asian influence...especially in the rain-forest/jungle areas? (I'm thinking Tibetan or SE Asian.)

I could see a lot of awnings and cloth-draperies used throughout. I would think fur-bearing people in hot climates would go for all the breezy shade they can get.
This is pure curiosity, but who have worked for in the past?
Sierra Entertainment, Tesseraction Games (a very small start-up), Microsoft (briefly), and most recently Sigil Online.
:wave: welcome Raeken, who cares who you worked for so long as you are contractually free to contribute here (there goes your CV, chucked in the bin with all the rest again, but this time you get to choose the jobs you do!) and continue to do so according to the needs of whatever resposibilities you choose to take on here.

Quote:Has any thought been given to a slight asian influence...especially in the rain-forest/jungle areas? (I'm thinking Tibetan or SE Asian.)

I could see a lot of awnings and cloth-draperies used throughout. I would think fur-bearing people in hot climates would go for all the breezy shade they can get.

I've not seen chat on the forum about the SE asian aspect, but it is well considered. The major oriental influence comes from another continent (thingywotsits where the tsaesci also come from) but since there are Tiger people there it is reasonable to consider Khajiit might be influenced here.

Also cats are definitely the creatures of chiroscuro = lazing about in the sun one moment, then slinking through the shadows after some poor, unfortunate mouse the next... any desert people will be masters of the art of cool. :goodjob:
Bethesda has made it clear that all oriental is in akivar, everything else in asia is fine.
Thanks for the welcome, raggidman.

I don't have any contractual issues with contributing here, unless the team decides to charge for the mod...and I would imagine Bethesda would object long before my employer did. Wink

My main thought on SE Asian architecture was thinking on the climate...and I admit, I was thinking more of the southern half of the province, rather than the dry north.

Is the group more focused on the desert areas currently? That seems to be the focus.
Yes, simply because its less work for more gain at first.
hello , i'm kingevil , and a would like to join the elsweyr team , i can help making the interiors and the exteriors , and i'm learning how to model with blender , but i i cant help with scripting , textures and dialogues
Hi! Welcome to Silgrad Tower and its affiliates!

:bounce: :banana: :bounce: :banana: :bounce: :banana: :bounce: :banana:

You're very welcome to join, and have a look around. Smile We've got lots to do, so I'm sure you'll be able to contribute to this project. :yes: If you're interested in making a dungeon, we've got a cave tileset for Elsweyr, and anyone is welcome to make their own Elsweyr cave with it (see the cave claim thread in the "Landmass" forum for more details). =) Make sure to download the latest Alpha version. If you're interested in modelling, then there's a whole bunch that needs modelling, and if you can draw concept, that's really good too. Wink We've got some concept art for some desert settlements in the "Arts" section, and we could definately use some cool new weapons and armour for Elsweyr. I'm sure there's a lot you could contribute. If you have any questions at all as to how things work around here, just drop me a PM.

Happy modding!
Welcome aboard! If you learn how to UV map your models you wil be mobbed by people looking for your talents. Interior/exterior moders are great, we need textures, and a new team member is always welcome!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21