Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Idea for entering Elsewyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I have an idea for entering Elsweyr but I do not know if you guys already have one...

how about when you are about to go into Leyawiin, a Kajiit Criminal 'paralyze' you and opens a dialogue with you and says, "ha ha, clumsy _(race)_ you are! Khajiit caught you so quick, you make it easy!" Then as he rants on about how he is a notorious kidnapper and pathological killer but everyone thinks he is mad and he suddenly stops and says "Heya I am nice kitty I will give you choices eh? I kill you here or I take you to Elsweyr first, not elsewhere, Elsweyr!" Then you choose. And of course you choose Elsewyr. And suddenly the two of you are teleported into Rimmen. He laughs maniacally and says, "you got gold little _(race)_? Cause if you don't I got a dagger for YOU!"
"Arghhh!" (he dies). A Khajiit archer shot him in the back and walks up "Welcome to Elsweyr _(name)_, looks like you need help..."

and so it begins...

how is it?
Interesting, but kind of... (looking for the right word) suddenly happening coincidental jump right into it in a weird kind of way? And why would the archer save you, why would the Khajiit take you to Elsweyr, where would you be captured? Why doesn't the Khajiit just take the money while you're in Cyrodil? ?(

EDIT: I like the general idea but it is kind of... a weird way to get started off...
that was the point.... you are kidnapped, taken over the border and then yea...

it's just an idea...
Well, thanks anyway, I think it should be discussed and we might take a page from your book (or this thread).
sorry to interrupt, but why not have the borders closed cuz of the Oblivion threath, and then ya get approched in either Leyawiin or Anvil by some Khaajiit or other shady character,who offers (hearing that you seek entrence into Elsweyr) for a sum of gold to show you a secret underground tunnel trough the mountains/hills/other terrain into Elswyer. (optional would be a huge cavern romp with a ambush by bandits hidden in the offer from the shady char.)
I don't think the borders would be closed, Oblivion Gates will open anywhere... And people still seem allowed to travel between provinces no prob (rumor-wise). Though, it is a possibility that the player has to ask any character about Elsweyr then the Khajiit or Wood Elf or whatever comes... I like both the ideas, they are both interesting...

BTW: Welcome to Silgrad Tower and its affiliates!
:jump:
thnx, ive been lurking for awhile now, since i beat the MQ in OB, so now i just wait until these and TR will be finished Big Grin

how do the border between Elsweyr and Cyrodiil look like btw?
If you mean what kind of terrain there'll be, I think a mix of desertish hills and grass... Further towards the centre is the desert (towards the East too) and to the West and South is the jungle. :yes:

( We seem to have a heightmap upcoming soon, so we may be able to do cities soon, and attach things to the outside world, yay! )
ID, if I release what I have now so we can start on rimmen, can you continue to merge the newer maps with it?
Unsure about heightmaps... I'd think so, because you can edit land height and such and it can be (presumably) be saved to the esm. If I set the priority on the plug-in file with the new land, I should be able to add... But then again, I'd also loose any work I made on the land in other region... So it'd be best just to get it all out at the same time.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9